AP burning a hole in our pockets

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
I just realized Jersey Week is coming up(we get 2 days off that first week) so thinking of a quick trip.
I would drive Wednesday- arrive Thursday. Stay through Saturday and start driving back.

Is that nuts? Too short for the drive? Or what the heck a few days are better than no days.

The problem is no hotel availability Thursday night.

You should be OK with those dates...HHN is over 11/4 so the Studios won't close early any of those nights. I think that would make a good trip.

I just realized Jersey Week is coming up(we get 2 days off that first week) so thinking of a quick trip.
I would drive Wednesday- arrive Thursday. Stay through Saturday and start driving back.

Is that nuts? Too short for the drive? Or what the heck a few days are better than no days.

The problem is no hotel availability Thursday night.

Definitely go for it.........sounds like a fun trip!

I think it depends on how long your drive is and how many drivers you have. I drove 18 hours once for a Thurs through Saturday Disney trip, it was rough. We left home late Wednesday morning and I had to be back at work on Monday. We were exhausted but I was the only driver. If you have two drivers maybe go for it, It would be easier. But with just one I don't think I would do it again. What is Jersey week?

Last edited:

How long is the drive? We have driven 12 hours for a short trip. We figure a short trip is better than no trip.

What is Jersey week?

During the first full week in November all of the public schools are closed on Thursday and Friday for a Teacher's Convention. This coupled with many schools having the Tuesday of that week also off for election day is the perfect time to head out of New Jersey.

Orlando seems to be a perfect getaway for many!

We will be at UO from 11/3-11/6, then we are driving to Miami to head off on a cruise to Cuba! We had to sneak in UO, since we too have APs burning holes in our pockets.

We have done the drive from Scotch Plains and feels very LONG. That being said if everyone is game for the trip I'd say why not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!