AP discount thru DVC

nezy

DIS Veteran
Is there a discount to purchase AP thru DVC? What is the discount?

Yes, there is a DVC discount on APs. I believe it is $100 for a PAP and $75 for a regular AP.

robinb said:
Yes, there is a DVC discount on APs. I believe it is $100 for a PAP and $75 for a regular AP.

Nope, but close :)
It's $100 of for AP's and $125 for PAP's.

Wow! You are fast!
Thanks.

Is it worth getting if you don't go to the parks every day on your trip? I would get it for the other discount options-so in that sense is it worth it?

I would only get 1--so all 5 in our family would not have the same com and go park access.

I would never recommend buying an AP based solely on what discounts may be available. They can, and do, change some annually. With the DVC discount on a standard AP, it works out about the same as a what a 10 non-expiring hopper would be. If you plan to visit the parks for 10 days during any year it would be worth it. Otherwise, the perks that are available (including the $50 DDE card) may not be of much value anyway.

nezy said:
Wow! You are fast!
Thanks.

Is it worth getting if you don't go to the parks every day on your trip? I would get it for the other discount options-so in that sense is it worth it?

I would only get 1--so all 5 in our family would not have the same com and go park access.

I'm not sure if you're thinking of non-DVC resort AP discounts, but they recently changed their AP discount policy - something about Best Rate Available or some such. Seems to have some AP purchasers up in arms over on the Resort board....

We already have an AP. It will expire in Jan.
We just put our deposit down mon. on DVC. SSR :banana:

If we Renew our AP, ( I think there is a discount for renewing) do we also get the $100 discount off of that renewal price for being DVC members?

Thanks for any help

You should be able to get the DVC discount as soon as you have your DVC membership number.

disgal1 said:
We already have an AP. It will expire in Jan.
We just put our deposit down mon. on DVC. SSR :banana:

If we Renew our AP, ( I think there is a discount for renewing) do we also get the $100 discount off of that renewal price for being DVC members?

Thanks for any help

There is a renewal discount, but it is not a full $100 off the already discounted renewal price. A new DVC AP(2005) costs in the neighborhood of $314 and the renewal is something like $298, still substantial savings off of a non-DVC renewal. 2006 pricing has not yet been released.

We'll be picking up a DVC AP in a couple of weeks. Bought mine and the girls' back in June, so now time for DH to renew his lol.

Chuck S said:
I would never recommend buying an AP based solely on what discounts may be available. They can, and do, change some annually. With the DVC discount on a standard AP, it works out about the same as a what a 10 non-expiring hopper would be. If you plan to visit the parks for 10 days during any year it would be worth it. Otherwise, the perks that are available (including the $50 DDE card) may not be of much value anyway.

Its a case of "do your math" The DDE card can be worthwhile if you eat at a lot of sit down restaurants, particularly the expensive ones, and drink - even if you don't get full value out of the AP for park admission.

We did the math for our last trip, and with seven nights, two adults two kids, it was working out that ten day hoppers no expiry with pluses and paying full price for meals (using a DVC discount where applicable) or getting one AP and a DDE card was pretty much going to be a break even proposition. My husband then decided relatively last minute he'd be taking a second trip this year with his brother. That put him in "AP is a good deal regardless" territory. We did great with the DDE, but we did eat more expansively (and drink more expansively) than we may have without it.

He got a discount at BB, but we paid out of pocket for it. He'd have gotten discounts for minigolf, PI, etc., but check the list, I think PI is him and one other person for instance, so the discount wouldn't apply to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter