AP Discounts - Multiple rooms

Bri036

Mouseketeer
i just booked two rooms using AP discount but wanted to make sure I did it right. I booked one room for my family and one for a family friend who will be joining us during the trip. I paid the deposit of the friend but put the room in her name. She will be paying for the room and reimbursing us for her deposit. I wanted to make sure that she would get the AP rate or do I need to put the room in my wife’s name who is an AP?

i just booked two rooms using AP discount but wanted to make sure I did it right. I booked one room for my family and one for a family friend who will be joining us during the trip. I paid the deposit of the friend but put the room in her name. She will be paying for the room and reimbursing us for her deposit. I wanted to make sure that she would get the AP rate or do I need to put the room in my wife’s name who is an AP?
If you booked the reservation for your friend using the AP rate then they should have the discount on their reservation. When I booked a room for my sister with the AP discount her reservation showed that she had a passholder room in her MDE account. You and your friend should both receive email confirmations with the rates listed. The total room charge will appear in the MDE app, too. If you have your MDE accounts set up as friends who can see each other's plans, then you would see her reservation and the passholder designation should be on it.

So they do not need to be APs to take advantage?
When I, as a first time AP holder, booked my room this week I was told by the CM on the phone that I would have to show my AP at check in or the rate would revert to the standard rate.

I believe you can book up to 3 rooms at the AP rate with one AP holder. I called in last week to switch my mom and 2 sisters' rooms to the AP rate and my mom is the only one with an AP and this was no problem. I'm guessing they ask for the AP card for all 3 rooms at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter