AP Holders! Check MDE for a discount rate!

Crazyhorse

DIS Veteran
Holy Crap! I've been stalking MDE every day, trying to change our reservation from "Standard" to the AP discount or at best, the Magical Holiday discount. Always unavailable, until an hour ago! The AP rate showed up....saving us....wait for it....over $2,400.00. Rack rate was $884, went down to $574. Then MDE puked and wouldn't let me check out successfully, saying I had to call but it would hold rate for 10 minutes. Needless to say, I jumped on the phone and after quite a few machinations, he was able to force the system to accept what MDE claimed was available. The Magical Holiday discount was better then nothing...I think room went from 884 to 770. The AP discount was 35%! BWI Deluxe Club level, 12/5-12/12/2018. I need a cocktail! :):):)

Holy Crap! I've been stalking MDE every day, trying to change our reservation from "Standard" to the AP discount or at best, the Magical Holiday discount. Always unavailable, until an hour ago! The AP rate showed up....saving us....wait for it....over $2,400.00. Rack rate was $884, went down to $574. Then MDE puked and wouldn't let me check out successfully, saying I had to call but it would hold rate for 10 minutes. Needless to say, I jumped on the phone and after quite a few machinations, he was able to force the system to accept what MDE claimed was available. The Magical Holiday discount was better then nothing...I think room went from 884 to 770. The AP discount was 35%! BWI Deluxe Club level, 12/5-12/12/2018. I need a cocktail! :):):)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

I too have been checking AP rates for the same time frame whenever I remember to...we've had a rack rate CL Deluxe room booked at WL since April. I had completely given up hope of ever getting a discount because WL is so popular...when the AP rates first came out, we were able to get the discount on the second half of our split stay (12/23-12/27) for our BC 1BR suite, but it was only about $100 a night (better than nothing though), and the CM who applied it said that in particular we were unlikely to ever be able to find an AP discount on the WL deluxe CL room. So I about passed out when, after reading your post, I went to the website and the rate of $751.57 came up for our dates -- a discount of 30%!!! Practically unheard of nowadays for WL! This saved us $1,087.09 for our 3 night stay and will more than pay for the CL FP+ we splurged on for this trip!!!:woohoo::banana::cheer2:

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to post your discovery! Thanks to you, my family is saving a very nice chunk of change!! And congratulations on scoring the phenomenal rate on the BWI CL room...we stayed CL at BWI in April and it was such heaven on earth that we've booked a return trip for February. :cloud9:

OMG, I just had to post again because there is SO.MUCH.AVAILABILITY for Christmas week at phenomenal rates!! APs, if you're still looking for a discount, or if you're looking to book a last minute trip, GO GO GO, check now!!! Several room categories at hundreds off per night! :cheer2:

ETA: Dates I'm checking are 12/20-12/27 at MK and EP area resorts.

So I logged into MDE. I only see standard rates on my log in (current AP holder). The funny thing is, in another browser I pulled up the Disney reservation site and see MUCH better rates on the site I am not logged into. LOL, Disney reservations are bi polar. On my MDE log in the same room that is $425.00 at Boulder Ridge is $318.00 on the Disney site with no log in??? The room is discounted as "Gift of Magic Room Offer"

OP logged into MDE, but I did not. I went directly to the Disney reservation site and looked up rates there...to be honest, I wasn't sure how to look up rates on MDE (the app? the website?) other than to view my own reservation. So I went to the website, punched in my dates, clicked on one of the resort choices, and then clicked the link to log in as an AP, and that's when I was able to view the incredible AP rates I saw. There was nothing that good (at least for the rates and categories I was looking at) when AP rates for December originally came out. So I'm not sure if some people just cancelled their reservations, or whether Disney released more rooms for the discount. Either way, I'm super happy and feel so lucky!

OP logged into MDE, but I did not. I went directly to the Disney reservation site and looked up rates there...to be honest, I wasn't sure how to look up rates on MDE (the app? the website?) other than to view my own reservation. So I went to the website, punched in my dates, clicked on one of the resort choices, and then clicked the link to log in as an AP, and that's when I was able to view the incredible AP rates I saw. There was nothing that good (at least for the rates and categories I was looking at) when AP rates for December originally came out. So I'm not sure if some people just cancelled their reservations, or whether Disney released more rooms for the discount. Either way, I'm super happy and feel so lucky!
Glad it's working out for other AP holders! I was on a laptop, using MDE. Using the MDE app itself is a pain in the butt. I told the CM that I was checking every day and he pretty much said that's what you have to do. I remember doing the same thing last year and 15 days out was able to snag a discount...which saved us $600. Not complaining but snagging this discount floored me. A few months ago, I booked our December 2019 trip so I had the CM transfer this savings to that new reservation. He said it will take a few days so you can believe I'll be calling to double check that $2400 + doesn't disappear into Disney thin air. I'm gonna try to book a bounceback for next December when we arrive in 27 days:).

We had a bounceback rate for BWI club and I was able to call today and switch to the passholder rate for another $300 off. I was so darn excited! Can't believe that they had some rooms open.
Great! Just curious, when are you going? How long ago did you book the bounceback?

We are going 12/7. We booked the bounceback in December of 2017. :)
Good to know! We're gonna try to do the same thing this year for next year....24 more days but who's counting:). We're not planning on renewing our AP's in February so really hoping that we'll be able to bounceback to the BWI next December.

Wow! I have that room type booked for May. Even though we're only going to be there a week, that would actually MORE than pay for the difference between an AP and my regular ticket.

That does give me hope they'll put it up for a regular room discount later this month. We have to have it for the space- 5 people that are essentially adult-sized. And of course, the club level perks are nice.
Good job!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts