AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

tommygunn

Maniacal Disney Addict!!!!!
Since I’m in this boat I though I’d ask the board, shouldn’t there be additional options for AP holders from these states? I want to use my AP, even have reservations to stay down there on property via DVC in mid July. But I’m subject to the 14 day quarantine so I can’t feasibly go. Shouldn’t Disney work with me to extend my pass or offer some additional options given the circumstance?

That opens a can of worms for Disney and sets the precedent that each person's individual case needs to be looked at. They would also have to have additional options for all foreign guests that can t get into the country. What about people who can 't come due to being in a high risk group?

I think if it was a small number of guests in normal times Disney would try and work with people. But due to the sheer number of people affected I'm guessing Disney is going to stick to their current policy.

Right now, it is slated to expire July 7th. I personally believe it will be gone by end of June.

But all APs will be extended at least 4 months. So, right now...even though I am from NY as well...this restriction hasn’t actually impacted anyone since parks don’t open until July 11th.

Now, if by that date, the order is extended, then maybe...but as of today, it will be over before you would even be able to use the AP at the earliest.

Don't you guys think that it's just maybe possible that Disney has already discussed this with the governor and perhaps received some assurances from the governor that the mandate will be lifted by a certain date. Disney probably chose their July dates taking this into account among many other factors as well in their preparation to open. Just my two cents.

Yeah, I'll be curious to see how this all shakes out as well. We're AP holders and live in CT, and have plans to visit starting July 18th. I like to think that the quarantine restriction will be over by the time the parks open, but if it isn't I'm honestly not sure how I think Disney should handle it for AP holders from NY/NJ/CT.

Right now, it is slated to expire July 7th. I personally believe it will be gone by end of June.

But all APs will be extended at least 4 months. So, right now...even though I am from NY as well...this restriction hasn’t actually impacted anyone since parks don’t open until July 11th.

Now, if by that date, the order is extended, then maybe...but as of today, it will be over before you would even be able to use the AP at the earliest.

Jersey here....

Between folks re-tweeting the June 3rd executive order today and trying to do my own research I have been driving myself a bit crazy.

Where is it confirmed that the current order is set to expire July 7th? Is that when 20-139 expires?

Might as well be Order 66 at this point.... :-)

Don't you guys think that it's just maybe possible that Disney has already discussed this with the governor and perhaps received some assurances from the governor that the mandate will be lifted by a certain date. Disney probably chose their July dates taking this into account among many other factors as well in their preparation to open. Just my two cents.
yes, that is a real possibility, and not just DIsney, but all the theme parks that are part of the economic recovery task force

Jersey here....

Between folks re-tweeting the June 3rd executive order today and trying to do my own research I have been driving myself a bit crazy.

Where is it confirmed that the current order is set to expire July 7th? Is that when 20-139 expires?

Might as well be Order 66 at this point.... :-)

Basically, go back to the original order of EO 82 which says it expires with EO 52...which was extended tonJuly 7th in May

EO 139 mention it is still in effect, but then says it suercedes EO 86...which was LA.

I think all the newest one did is make clear that only LA was being removed, not NY, NJ, and CT.

yes, that is a real possibility, and not just DIsney, but all the theme parks that are part of the economic recovery task force
Good point, which makes me ponder...does anyone know if Universal is making any extensions right now for their out of state or out of country passholders who are subject to quarantine guidelines? How about Sea World? They'd be in the same boat too.

Since I’m in this boat I though I’d ask the board, shouldn’t there be additional options for AP holders from these states? I want to use my AP, even have reservations to stay down there on property via DVC in mid July. But I’m subject to the 14 day quarantine so I can’t feasibly go. Shouldn’t Disney work with me to extend my pass or offer some additional options given the circumstance?

I'm also in the tri-state area. Disney hasn't defined, as of yet, what "opening" constitutes in terms of AP extensions. In Shanghai, they are not starting the clock on APs until the park reservation period has ended. If WDW follows suit, I think we are all in good shape, but nothing has been announced yet. Until we have more info, there isn't much we can do.

Basically, go back to the original order of EO 82 which says it expires with EO 52...which was extended tonJuly 7th in May

EO 139 mention it is still in effect, but then says it suercedes EO 86...which was LA.

I think all the newest one did is make clear that only LA was being removed, not NY, NJ, and CT.

Thanks for this! The Florida Health twitter account did not do anyone any favors tweeting out the old news that was EO 139 from 6/3 today....

Just called the Fl health dpt hotline and asked about the executive order, it does NOT have an expiration date and it's up to the Gov. to cancel it
here's the number for anyone that wants to ask 18667796121

Just one more thing, DIS guidelines state that talk about circumventing Disney rules is not allowed. I would extend that to talk about circumventing State rules as well. I know this order makes no sense but we have to abide by what is given right now. So please keep your thoughts on this to yourselves
Thank you

Making the current quarantine specific to those 3 states is misguided and based upon old information. All 3 of those states have done a great job minimizing the impact. Curve is flat.

Others have mentioned it’s due to expire July 7th. Unless there’s a spike in cases from any of our states, I can't imagine they’d extend it. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! 🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!