AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

seems they cancelled the mid week flights and kept some. We depart JB on a thurs and its a nonstop and still looks fine, it was the returning on a wed that was cancelled, but yet if I chose to extend my trip a day and leave on thurs oct 1st there are 2 choices of nonstop flights available. I am debating keeping the new SW sept 30th flight with the BWI layover, or picking a thurs oct 1 JB nonstop. All it would cost us is an extra few points to add a DVC night. Anyone have advice?
Our SW flights changed so many times. No more direct flight from Buffalo. We have to change planes in BWI. But we still have good times. We are 5 weeks out. Hope they leave them as is now. I’m getting excited and nervous. Not nervous for Disney but for flying. We are wearing N95 masks for the plane and airports. i hate them , but they are safer.

I would go with the extra day and nonstop flight if I had a choice.

Our SW flights changed so many times. No more direct flight from Buffalo. We have to change planes in BWI. But we still have good times. We are 5 weeks out. Hope they leave them as is now. I’m getting excited and nervous. Not nervous for Disney but for flying. We are wearing N95 masks for the plane and airports. i hate them , but they are safer.

thats what I did, I added a night at copper creek and changed from sw layover to JB nonstop. 50 days out and we are just holding so tight to hope that none of the flights gets cancelled!

I had a flight scheduled from Buffalo in 5 weeks too. Just got an email from SW about an adjustment to our rapid rewards balance because of a flight adjustment or cancellation. Logged into the SW site & our flights are cancelled! I didn’t cancel them. The nonstop we were on is gone from the schedule. But the return flight connecting thru BWI is still there. I even got an email yesterday about a time change for that one. And now...
everything is cancelled....

I had a flight scheduled from Buffalo in 5 weeks too. Just got an email from SW about an adjustment to our rapid rewards balance because of a flight adjustment or cancellation. Logged into the SW site & our flights are cancelled! I didn’t cancel them. The nonstop we were on is gone from the schedule. But the return flight connecting thru BWI is still there. I even got an email yesterday about a time change for that one. And now...
check other airlines and see if you can book something else! I am sick of checking and seeing things cancelled or changed with no notice. I am so sorry!! Hope you can book another airline!

check other airlines and see if you can book something else! I am sick of checking and seeing things cancelled or changed with no notice. I am so sorry!! Hope you can book another airline!

Aw, thanks! But truly, we already know we can’t go. We are in our 60s, DH has a chronic health issue that makes him high risk. Our area has only a 1% positive rate right now..... we‘re just not willing to risk going to Florida with their numbers so high. To say nothing of NY’s quarantine order. We’re essential workers & no working from home for us.

I am just SOOOO annoyed at SW. How do they just cancel & not even notify you. I will have to call & demand my Early Bird money be refunded tho.

Aw, thanks! But truly, we already know we can’t go. We are in our 60s, DH has a chronic health issue that makes him high risk. Our area has only a 1% positive rate right now..... we‘re just not willing to risk going to Florida with their numbers so high. To say nothing of NY’s quarantine order. We’re essential workers & no working from home for us.

I am just SOOOO annoyed at SW. How do they just cancel & not even notify you. I will have to call & demand my Early Bird money be refunded tho.
Hope you can get back soon! My husband is essential too and no working from home. We are a little younger almost 50 and will test upon return before heading back to work. Stay safe!!!

yes I happened to go on the site and saw the direct flight down was cancelled I called and she booked me on a new flight But with a stop in BWI. I still have good flight times so that’s fine. Hope they stick!! On both my flights it shows few seats left in each category so I think we should be ok.

We were suppose to leave Saturday from Newburgh NY. We rescheduled to October. Just checked out of curiosity for Aug and Sept flight prices-looks like Jet Blue isn't flying out of Newburgh for those 2 months, Oct is showing up, hopefully if we can go, that won't change, really don't want to drive to Newark.

yes I happened to go on the site and saw the direct flight down was cancelled I called and she booked me on a new flight But with a stop in BWI. I still have good flight times so that’s fine. Hope they stick!! On both my flights it shows few seats left in each category so I think we should be ok.

Glad you could get rebooked. I have no idea why they cancelled my whole itinerary instead of rebooking me. I originally booked the minute flights opened & had paid less that 14,000 points total for both flights. If I wanted to rebook now, the way down would cost 14,000 +. They didn’t even give me any options, even tho there are still a lot of flights down showing. A few months ago, I got an email about 10 pm that my nonstop flight was cancelled & I was moved to a connecting flight. By the next morning, there was a new nonstop, so I called to get moved to that one. My EBCI had followed the 1st change, but the computer would not let it go thru to the new nonstop. So I lost my “place in line” for something I bought within minutes of schedule opening. Even customer relations couldn’t do anything about it. And there were other posters here who got moved directly to the new nonstop. Not sure why my itinerary got such strange treatment, not once, but twice.

Even tho we are pretty sure we will cancel, we were holding out til the last minute to cancel. I am this “” close to a companion pass with the SW credit card points. I hope things get better so we get some use out of it next year. I hope you have a great trip!! Enjoy for those of us who can’t get there!!!

Last edited:
Great! Now all that has to happen is 7 rolling days of under 10% Covid in FL and MAYBE then I can still go... Only question is- how does a rolling average get calculated? How many days in a row need to be under 10%?

New York is using the Johns Hopkins data (unforutnately - their percentages are much higher than the ones put out by DOH - for example - DOH reports the average for 7 days around 11%, Johns Hopkins reports around 18%). You can use this site https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states to check any state's data. I would also pay attention to the fact that New York's rule is 10% rolling average OR less than 10 cases per 100,000 - which has meant many states with a less than 10% average are on the list. For Florida, that would be around 2100 cases (though I'm not sure if that's an average of 2100 cases over a 7 day period or 2100 cases total for the week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter