AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

My platinum passes are still there as well.

I cancelled them on the phone 2 weeks ago.

What time do the cancelled passes offically stop

Technically today. However, mine are still active in the app. I'm actually wondering if Disney has the functionality in place to turn off all annual passes today or even a few days from now? It seems like a huge lift, especially considering CMs can't tell if we already tried to cancel the pass when we called again after not receiving a cancellation email.

My platinum passes are still there as well.

I cancelled them on the phone 2 weeks ago.

I canceled April 28th, and I’ve called them 3 times. This is crazy that I can’t resolve this. One of our passes canceled and refund already received, but the other one I just can’t seem to get the refund for.

As one who is opting to keep my AP, I was feeling good about still seeing it there in MDE, with its extended expiration date, today... until now lol! Screen shot time, just in case.

They know their audience well. Thumbs up to them for extending their regular hours
Not selling new passes yet, so if you cancelled and regretted you are out of luck
Not necessarily. I expect they will start selling passes again for a much needed cash infusion into the parks after they process the refunds to help booster the last earnings quarter of the year
It feels like an end of an era and I didn't even cancel my pass. Hope everyone is ok with their decision. Disney will be here now and in the future so whatever you decided to do I hope you get some peace of mind
Currently, I’m of an opposite frame of mind. File it under looking for any sliver of a silver lining in these trying times.

I was encouraged that Disney did something to show good faith going forward to their customers. The actual implementation isn’t my 1st choice, especially re the Platinum renewal I bought for GD that wasn’t used a single day. Will file it under something is better than nothing.

Legally, not sure what their obligations are in the situation, if any. New territory for us all.

Admittedly, wouldn’t feel the same if/when my DVC discounted APH expires (2/21) and I have no options on the table other than to purchase a 7 day park tix.

So do you have to have an AP to buy TiW or to both buy and use it? My AP and TiW have/had an original expiry date of 5 September 2020. I cancelled the AP yesterday 😔 but, if the stars are aligned 😂, my October 2020 trip may happen. Will my TiW card still work? Will I have to go to GS to get the end date changed or will restaurants etc just know it has been extended? If I have to go to GS to get the TiW card extended, will they refuse because I no longer have an AP?

It feels like an end of an era and I didn't even cancel my pass. Hope everyone is ok with their decision. Disney will be here now and in the future so whatever you decided to do I hope you get some peace of mind
Yeah, it does feel like an end of an era for me, and honestly I feel like a jilted lover. When I think of what a mess this whole handling has been it makes me think that they don't love AP holders like I once thought they did. It is like "how long have you felt like this? Did our relationship ever mean anything to you???"

DH and I were talking last night and we both agree that we won't be too sad if our planned Christmas trip gets cancelled (which I switched to be an admission-included package so I could cancel our APs), we both feel like we'll need some time before feeling the love for and from Disney again.

Yeah, it does feel like an end of an era for me, and honestly I feel like a jilted lover. When I think of what a mess this whole handling has been it makes me think that they don't love AP holders like I once thought they did. It is like "how long have you felt like this? Did our relationship ever mean anything to you???"

DH and I were talking last night and we both agree that we won't be too sad if our planned Christmas trip gets cancelled (which I switched to be an admission-included package so I could cancel our APs), we both feel like we'll need some time before feeling the love for and from Disney again.

And I feel like the saga isn't over yet since who knows how much the refunds will actually be. It is the longest breakup ever.

I did nothing, didn't call, didn't have any links or emails provided to click through on even when checking my ticket online. It was an experiment to see what would happen if one did nothing as I'm sure thousands of others have done having not been contacted properly by Disney. (I decided some time back that I've gotten the value out of my pass and if I get another trip in on it it's just gravy and if they happened to refund me, that was fine too.)

The initial 117 days had been added to the expiration some time back. Overnight they bumped up the expiration date by the additional 30 days promised. I'm happy.

I did nothing, didn't call, didn't have any links or emails provided to click through on even when checking my ticket online. It was an experiment to see what would happen if one did nothing as I'm sure thousands of others have done having not been contacted properly by Disney. (I decided some time back that I've gotten the value out of my pass and if I get another trip in on it it's just gravy and if they happened to refund me, that was fine too.)

Overnight they bumped up the expiration date by the additional 30 days promised. I'm happy.
That will happen automatically no action required

That will happen automatically no action required
Right. I was just sharing the experience. It was a test as what Disney says and what they do are not always the same thing. Some folk also had that 30 days added already even before the August 11th deadline to choose to cancel or extend came about..

Last edited:
Sorry I haven’t read all of the posts here, so this may have already been addressed...

One of my sons has an AP that was renewed in January... but never officially activated at the parks. I’m assuming that it will be extended just as our other passes have been, but I haven’t found this exact situation addressed anywhere & could never get through to the AP line. Is anyone else in this situation?? I hate not being able to know for sure 🤦🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!