AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I have several family members waiting for refunds from Sam’s vouchers. 2 from one household are waiting for partial refunds for the closure period. Those were requested the same day I requested mine, in early June. They want to keep their passes active. 4 others from a different household are waiting for closure & cancellation refunds.
Thanks for replying. I've been super curious how they figure the refund based on our discounted tixs and if they've even start processing ours.

I can't think of the words to describe just how badly Disney has botched the AP program. I'm waiting for a Refund like everyone else, months upon months. What exactly is Disney's Accounting Department doing, as an Accountant I'm pretty damn sure they aren't using ledgers for refunds, but it should be an automated process, they could have done months ago.

After saying all that, I really want to remain loyal to Disney, I do love Disney World after all. So I sent an email asking for a "code" or option to renew my AP in 2021 when everything hopefully gets back to normal. I was emphatically told, "Nope" "No Way" "Not going to happen" by a Disney employee.... I would have to pay full price, and get a brand new AP. What a joke, I've been an AP for a long time, and this is how Disney decides to treat it's loyal guests... It's just so very sad, Disney has no clue how to treat it's AP holders. Almost as though they've been told flip to finger to any current or past Disney AP asking for anything.

I just took a trip in my way-back machine to find and quote a post I made early on in this thread, because I think it still holds true:

I think it will come down to how profitable offering APs is to Disney. Do they want to continue offering them? Do we AP holders bring enough profit to make it worthwhile to keep us happy and want to return and renew?

@orey22 I think your observations are spot-on, and it seems that as time has gone on we're all able to see the answers to my original questions.

I wish they would have allowed me to just put my AP on hold for a period of time. I would have taken that option. But instead they insist on a refund. Still waiting for a refund though.
I honestly think ALMOST EVERYONE would have taken that option. But in Disney's defense I don't think they have any idea what is going to happen for 2021. They had a knee-jerk reaction to simply refund everyone... and it's all pretty much backfired because they just can't get things together. If they were to just "pause" all these APs they won't have the ability to control crowds as much.
And.... look at Disneyland.... there still is no opening date!!! It's crazy!

I honestly think ALMOST EVERYONE would have taken that option. But in Disney's defense I don't think they have any idea what is going to happen for 2021. They had a knee-jerk reaction to simply refund everyone... and it's all pretty much backfired because they just can't get things together. If they were to just "pause" all these APs they won't have the ability to control crowds as much.
And.... look at Disneyland.... there still is no opening date!!! It's crazy!
They could have kept all of our money and just paused it so we could go back when we are able. We would have loved to do that and then they could have kept the funds and known we would return to spend more at the parks, restaurants, shops and resorts. I would have been SO happy if I didn't have to cancel my AP for some unknown amount that we haven't gotten yet.

They could have kept all of our money and just paused it so we could go back when we are able. We would have loved to do that and then they could have kept the funds and known we would return to spend more at the parks, restaurants, shops and resorts. I would have been SO happy if I didn't have to cancel my AP for some unknown amount that we haven't gotten yet.
Totally 100% agree!!!
And if someone wanted to cancel... they could have done that too.
But this cancel then wait 3-6 months for a refund is just nuts!!

Do you think that WDW is looking at the profits of operating today, paying whatever they have to and whatever is left goes to paying back the AP holders? Hence the extenuatingly long timeline to pay us back?

Even if I don't get a check in the mail today, can i at least get a email with the total amount paid and total refund expected? A confirmation number to refer to when calling back?

The most frustrating thing is that everything is operating in a black hole. No confirmation, no tracking of progress, no total refund amount, no expected date of check....its been every man/woman/child for themselves.

While AP holders may not be profitable...at this point in time, its a business transaction. I paid for something, I chose to cancel...I just want my money back. I don't care if I'm profitable to WDW or not, that's their fault for offering something not profitable...at least hold up the customer service end of it. They have people paying thousands to learn about the Disney Guest Services experience...but they aren't living up to the standard they set themselves.

I kept my AP simply because I did not want to pay the price for 4 new APs -i would rather pay the renewal. so i paid for something this year i have yet to use. I am still glad i did...because I can renew my ap. I think Disneyland at some point changed their ap to if you had one you could renew but you could not get a new one, but have since changed that. I cannot see Disney world doing this at this point because one of the selling perks for blue card dvc is the AP discount.

I kept my AP simply because I did not want to pay the price for 4 new APs -i would rather pay the renewal. so i paid for something this year i have yet to use. I am still glad i did...because I can renew my ap. I think Disneyland at some point changed their ap to if you had one you could renew but you could not get a new one, but have since changed that. I cannot see Disney world doing this at this point because one of the selling perks for blue card dvc is the AP discount.
a perk that they could remove at anytime, so if they wanted to delay all AP passes till 5 years from now, they could.

When you called to request a cancellation, did you eventually receive an email that the request had gone through? Just got off the phone with Disney, and was told that my request to cancel back in June wasn’t guaranteed. And if it went through, I should have gotten an email. But when I asked why no email if it wasn’t approved... silence. I thought I was all done with the pass; and just waiting like everyone else for the surprise refund. But looking at my bank account last night, I’ve actually been paying the past 3 months.

When you called to request a cancellation, did you eventually receive an email that the request had gone through? Just got off the phone with Disney, and was told that my request to cancel back in June wasn’t guaranteed. And if it went through, I should have gotten an email. But when I asked why no email if it wasn’t approved... silence. I thought I was all done with the pass; and just waiting like everyone else for the surprise refund. But looking at my bank account last night, I’ve actually been paying the past 3 months.
[/QUOTEtry disputing with the credit card company

I haven't seen many people post actual refund amounts. I am out of state (Memphis, about 12 hour drive). Activated my Platinum AP (the one that includes park hopper and water parks) 8/31/19 I think. I think it was around $1,250. Used 5 days then, then 3 days at beginning of December.

Was planning on big May trip, obviously got cancelled.

Requested full refund around July 10 (as opposed to requesting for just days closed). I noted that I wasn't interested in using it between reopening and my extension date bc off all the closures, lack of fastpasses, etc.

Been irritated that I haven't gotten any sort of update or anything. Just blindly checking my mail every day for a check and looking at my credit card activity.

What is the over/under on what my refund should be?

my passes still have not gone away on MDE. Extensions still showing as well. Requested refund in July I believe through the email. Paid in full out of state platinum purchased through Sams Club

Those waiting for refunds are generally being advised that they should be processed by the end of September, per emailed confirmations of refund requests. So, if waiting for a check to come via USPS, that could mean receiving mid-October. 😏

Does anyone find it odd...

When i return something, either i own the product or i have confirmation (receipt) that it will be refunded (just waiting on the CC company or check to be processed)

This situation, i don't have the product (annual pass no longer available) nor do i have a confirmation.

Does anyone find it odd...

When i return something, either i own the product or i have confirmation (receipt) that it will be refunded (just waiting on the CC company or check to be processed)

This situation, i don't have the product (annual pass no longer available) nor do i have a confirmation.
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I have very little proof of having had the possession of the passes. I have our plastic cards, which show only 2020-2021 on them, with our names written in marker by the CM. I have record of our CC payment, but really nothing material that indicates dates or AP level or anything. The cancellation request confirmation emails don't indicate anything identifiable either. If this were a transaction with any other party I'd certainly be feeling duped... imagine if you had a substantial transaction with a small online seller or an individual on Craigslist or something that had a similar lack of documentation and communication. I'd be like "aw crum, I'm totally out all that $$$ because of some shady character!"

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I have very little proof of having had the possession of the passes. I have our plastic cards, which show only 2020-2021 on them, with our names written in marker by the CM. I have record of our CC payment, but really nothing material that indicates dates or AP level or anything. The cancellation request confirmation emails don't indicate anything identifiable either. If this were a transaction with any other party I'd certainly be feeling duped... imagine if you had a substantial transaction with a small online seller or an individual on Craigslist or something that had a similar lack of documentation and communication. I'd be like "aw crum, I'm totally out all that $$$ because of some shady character!"

I was randomly on the mydisneyexperience site this morning and it says "order your annual pass magic band" for my daughter. I went back to confirm that i cancelled it properly and noticed that the emails generated just say dear valued annual pass member. Why can't they just write the name? How do i know if its just sent twice, for me or my kids?

Guess i have to call them to clear this up...here goes another hour :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter