AP Popcorn Bucket Deal 2/6/2020 to 3/29/2020

Kender

DIS Veteran
I've realized I haven't seen a thread pop up about this at all and there might be a few who didn't know. Did a quick search to see if I maybe just missed it. Please link if one finds it and then a mod can merge this into that!

In case anyone missed it, there is a new AP popcorn bucket, announced on 1/31/2020:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/steamboat-minnie-popcorn-bucket/
Design: Steamboat Minnie
Cost: $20
Refills: $1.50
Released: 2/6/2020
Good until: 3/29/2020

They seem to be lasting from what I can tell. Had a friend grab me one yesterday just in case I can get down at the end of March. I haven't heard of even terribly long lines to get this. They do still have in the fine print "one per transaction per passholder" so technically what happened with the Steamboat Mickey and the Alien buckets could happen with these.

I did see someone say they saw a lady upset she couldn't buy 4 at one time with 4 AP passes in hand (but not the passholders with her). I'm not sure why she didn't just get back in line? Or maybe a limit is being enforced when someone is obviously buying several? Anyone see anything else to shed some more light? I'm very interested how Disney handles things since the buckets have been a source of issues ever since they switched to the fancy shapes.

I got one yesterday. The line was only 10 minutes in front of City hall. I saw many people walking around the park with them, but not people holding multiples like you used to see. So that’s nice.
Also you can buy them at Stagedoor cafe for $18.75, rather than $20. I saw someone post the pic on Facebook.

7F6F55F8-EC69-4F91-8563-EB06EACF70B0.jpeg
Mickey and Minnie are reunited just in time for Valentine’s Day lol

Stagedoor Cafe and Refreshment Corner sell the buckets only, no popcorn. Smokejumpers sells the bucket only, but was sold out yesterday. Like the pp said, there did not appear to be any shortages of these buckets yesterday. Refills are now $1.50 with a valid AP.

Does anyone know if these are tied to a specific pass? My SIL wants me to get her one. She also had an annual pass, she just can’t get to the parks for a bit.

Definitely not. My Mom and I take turns buying the popcorn to fill the bucket. It is usually whoever has their pass handy and the money out does so.

I’m sitting near the hub now across from the popcorn wagon. They still have AP buckets. Thought I’d mention it because sometimes they run out quickly.

Oh thank you for posting this! I've been wondering about how these are holding up (and was a big reason I made this thread hoping people would update).

That's good news they're still available ten days later.

I can’t remember if this was the case last year. But they scanned my ap when I was getting a refill.

I can’t remember if this was the case last year. But they scanned my ap when I was getting a refill.

That's the standard procedure since they started with these buckets a few years ago. It's to be sure the AP is still valid (I've had total strangers over the years ask me to either purchase them an AP bucket or ask to purchase mine because they didn't realize you needed an AP for the refills too; I of course declined and told them why). I think some have reported in the past they got away with not getting scanned, but that was not normal and was a CM error.

I've personally never not had my AP scanned when getting a refill. They're also technically supposed to check your ID too, but I've found this to be very random. I always have both my AP and ID out and ready, though.

I keep saying this deal after deal, but I really want them to do something that gets APs to scan at popcorn carts during non deal periods. I want Disney to have that data of deal versus non deal time purchases. I definitely buy an obscene amount of popcorn when I have a refill bucket. And next to none when there is no deal.

That's the standard procedure since they started with these buckets a few years ago. It's to be sure the AP is still valid (I've had total strangers over the years ask me to either purchase them an AP bucket or ask to purchase mine because they didn't realize you needed an AP for the refills too; I of course declined and told them why). I think some have reported in the past they got away with not getting scanned, but that was not normal and was a CM error.

I've personally never not had my AP scanned when getting a refill. They're also technically supposed to check your ID too, but I've found this to be very random. I always have both my AP and ID out and ready, though.

I keep saying this deal after deal, but I really want them to do something that gets APs to scan at popcorn carts during non deal periods. I want Disney to have that data of deal versus non deal time purchases. I definitely buy an obscene amount of popcorn when I have a refill bucket. And next to none when there is no deal.
Yeah they didn’t ask for my ID during the refill. They only asked for it when I was buying the bucket initially. I love the popcorn but I buy more during the AP deal. My grandpa loves the popcorn and always asks that I bring him some on my way Home. So this is a great chance to save on his snack lol

I am so getting one. My first AP popcorn bucket.
How many calories is in the popcorn 😏.... can’t be too many right.

I’m sitting near the hub now across from the popcorn wagon. They still have AP buckets. Thought I’d mention it because sometimes they run out quickly.
View attachment 474310
We were so excited to get two of these and will be wearing them all week! Hi Rob! Welp, we got group 11 for Rise and are blown away by that attraction! Btw, I just realized the max passes are updating every second. Not every five minutes or every minute like I thought. It’s every single second......

I'm hoping they extend the offering if they're still rocking buckets for sale at the end of March! At least to the end of F&W. Then I'd get two trips with my bucket.

I'm so intrigued they still have buckets! I hope they last for everyone that still wants one. It is definitely looking promising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter