AP Popcorn Bucket Deal 2/6/2020 to 3/29/2020

I'm hoping they extend the offering if they're still rocking buckets for sale at the end of March! At least to the end of F&W. Then I'd get two trips with my bucket.

I'm so intrigued they still have buckets! I hope they last for everyone that still wants one. It is definitely looking promising.
Back in the fall the purple cauldron buckets were for AP's. They lasted until mid October which shocked me. Usually AP buckets sell out within the first day or few days. Even last year with the Steam Boat willie bucket, it sold out, then got restocked then sold out again. Maybe they are getting better stock with them? I also haven't seen as many people walking around the parks carrying multiples like I used to

Back in the fall the purple cauldron buckets were for AP's. They lasted until mid October which shocked me. Usually AP buckets sell out within the first day or few days. Even last year with the Steam Boat willie bucket, it sold out, then got restocked then sold out again. Maybe they are getting better stock with them? I also haven't seen as many people walking around the parks carrying multiples like I used to

The Steamboat Mickeys weren't a restock from what I understood following the controversy last year. They were pulled because of quality control issues and then put back up for sale with an "as is" rule (no exchanging for a "perfect" one).

I forget which Facebook group, but I can go dig for it if wanted, but someone posted a picture that showed they ordered the same number of Minnies this year as Mickeys last year.

The cauldron lasting shocked me too. Maybe we're hitting overload on the shaped buckets? The first standard bucket they had the first time they did this a few years so sold out quickly too. I couldn't get in on that one and looked forlornly at the buckets every time I saw them lol

Maybe we're hitting overload on the shaped buckets?
This is me. I only bought the Minnie one because she matches Mickey. I didn't buy the purple cauldron because I just don't need anymore buckets lol. Plus they can be a pain to carry around all day. When I go next weekend for Food and Wine I'm not going to bring mine because I don't want to juggle that plus food I plan to eat.

This is me. I only bought the Minnie one because she matches Mickey. I didn't buy the purple cauldron because I just don't need anymore buckets lol. Plus they can be a pain to carry around all day. When I go next weekend for Food and Wine I'm not going to bring mine because I don't want to juggle that plus food I plan to eat.

I really miss the old standard bucket style :(

I really miss the old standard bucket style :(
Me, too. The old ones were easier to carry around and they stack more easily for storage. When I bought mine, there were APs in line ahead of me who bought the Mickey balloon bucket. The CM made sure that they understood the balloon bucket was not refillable and wasn't exclusive for passholders -- and they didn't care. They said they didn't want the refills. So interesting...

Me, too. The old ones were easier to carry around and they stack more easily for storage. When I bought mine, there were APs in line ahead of me who bought the Mickey balloon bucket. The CM made sure that they understood the balloon bucket was not refillable and wasn't exclusive for passholders -- and they didn't care. They said they didn't want the refills. So interesting...
Some people just collect the buckets. I've also seen girls around the parks use them as purses, accessories for photo shoots, etc.

Some people just collect the buckets. I've also seen girls around the parks use them as purses, accessories for photo shoots, etc.

My youngest likes to use hers as a purse. She doesn’t have much to carry, so it’s perfect. 🤗

We were a tad worried because we’ve heard reports that some CMs are making people get the refills in the actual bucket, but we’ve been successful in getting it on the side every time we’ve gotten a refill. I was definitely relieved as I don’t enjoy washing the buckets!

I can understand that and know people who use the bucket purses, especially for Dapper Day. But the people in front of me just seemed not to care about the AP exclusive -- like the shine had totally worn off.

... We were a tad worried because we’ve heard reports that some CMs are making people get the refills in the actual bucket, but we’ve been successful in getting it on the side every time we’ve gotten a refill. I was definitely relieved as I don’t enjoy washing the buckets!
We've always been able to get the popcorn separately. Just ask right away when you place your order, before the CM starts filling the bucket. That's odd that some CMs would't do it -- maybe they were out of boxes?

I can understand that and know people who use the bucket purses, especially for Dapper Day. But the people in front of me just seemed not to care about the AP exclusive -- like the shine had totally worn off.

We've always been able to get the popcorn separately. Just ask right away when you place your order, before the CM starts filling the bucket. That's odd that some CMs would't do it -- maybe they were out of boxes?
Curious how much popcorn they give you when filling it separately?

My understanding has been they are supposed to fill the buckets only, but it's a YMMV situation. I've seen more people having better luck having it separately with the fancy buckets, that's for sure. I'm guessing maybe they're a bigger pain to fill and CMs are more happy to bend the rules? Or maybe it's just a rule that some CMs decided to implement?

I did have one CM (not AP buckets) say she was doing my mom and me favor letting us each do a separate transaction. She said she was supposed to send us to the back of the line (I had asked if we could buy our cauldrons [green] together to speed her line or if due to purchasing rules they had to be separate; I asked only because some CMs did let us just do one transaction for both of us to buy a special item to speed the line up). She had clearly interpreted the "one per person" as "one per group". Or maybe she thought I was a teenager and mommy was buying for me anyways :crazy2:

So maybe they can be on the side no problem now and I've just been hearing made up/misinterpreted rules? Who knows. It's Disney. It feels like there's a different set of fine print every day based on who one talks to :rotfl:

They give you the standard box. The standard buckets were about a box and a half fill I think? And I think the fancy buckets hold roughly the same. So if true, then getting it on the side one is technically getting less. But those fancy buckets are a pain to clean so there is a definite benefit to having the popcorn on the side.

My understanding has been they are supposed to fill the buckets only, but it's a YMMV situation. I've seen more people having better luck having it separately with the fancy buckets, that's for sure. I'm guessing maybe they're a bigger pain to fill and CMs are more happy to bend the rules? Or maybe it's just a rule that some CMs decided to implement?

I did have one CM (not AP buckets) say she was doing my mom and me favor letting us each do a separate transaction. She said she was supposed to send us to the back of the line (I had asked if we could buy our cauldrons [green] together to speed her line or if due to purchasing rules they had to be separate; I asked only because some CMs did let us just do one transaction for both of us to buy a special item to speed the line up). She had clearly interpreted the "one per person" as "one per group". Or maybe she thought I was a teenager and mommy was buying for me anyways :crazy2:

So maybe they can be on the side no problem now and I've just been hearing made up/misinterpreted rules? Who knows. It's Disney. It feels like there's a different set of fine print every day based on who one talks to :rotfl:

They give you the standard box. The standard buckets were about a box and a half fill I think? And I think the fancy buckets hold roughly the same. So if true, then getting it on the side one is technically getting less. But those fancy buckets are a pain to clean so there is a definite benefit to having the popcorn on the side.
I feel like the shaped buckets give you more. In the Minnie ones they fill it all the way in the ears. Whenever I’ve gotten it separate and pour it in, it’s not as full

I feel like the shaped buckets give you more. In the Minnie ones they fill it all the way in the ears. Whenever I’ve gotten it separate and pour it in, it’s not as full
That what I was thinking.

Does else get grossed out by the refilling of the buckets like this? I mean people have been eating out of them and who knows how many are sick. Then they hold the bucket over the entire cart of popcorn while filling it and popcorn kernels will roll into the dirty bucket and fall out into the big bin of popcorn. Plus the use the scooper to tamp down the popcorn so they can fit more in, which touches the opening into which everyone has been sticking the hands (and then putting their hands in their mouth to eat the popcorn). IDK, I’m kind of a germaphobe about some things. It’s gross. And it affects anyone buying popcorn not just the people refilling buckets. :confused3

Does else get grossed out by the refilling of the buckets like this? I mean people have been eating out of them and who knows how many are sick. Then they hold the bucket over the entire cart of popcorn while filling it and popcorn kernels will roll into the dirty bucket and fall out into the big bin of popcorn. Plus the use the scooper to tamp down the popcorn so they can fit more in, which touches the opening into which everyone has been sticking the hands (and then putting their hands in their mouth to eat the popcorn). IDK, I’m kind of a germaphobe about some things. It’s gross. And it affects anyone buying popcorn not just the people refilling buckets. :confused3
No I've thought about it, and I'm not even a germaphobe.lol

Well....now I am. Eewwwwwww!!! 🤢

But in all seriousness I don't usually have an AP but we got one last year knowing we would be back before they expire. I really want one just to have something AP specific that I wouldn't be able to get otherwise. The mugs sold out just before we got there last year.

... We were a tad worried because we’ve heard reports that some CMs are making people get the refills in the actual bucket, but we’ve been successful in getting it on the side every time we’ve gotten a refill. I was definitely relieved as I don’t enjoy washing the buckets!
Did a little investigating today. Went to the popcorn cart by Soarin' where the CMs said that they were only allowed to refill the buckets, no box on the side. I asked if this was a new rule and when the change happened, since we had received a refill in a box last weekend at the same cart. The CMs said that it was an old rule and the CMs were not supposed to give the boxes, but could at their own discretion. We were told to try another cart to ask for a box. Tried the cart on BVS/Carthay Circle. No problem at all getting a box. In fact, the CM reassured us that this "rule" wasn't really a rule, and that just asking for a box should be enough to get one. Went to verify this at Chamber of Commerce. CM there said that, technically, the CMs are supposed to refill directly in the bucket (even though she agreed that this was sort of unsanitary), but that you should be able to request a box. There is a rule, but CMs should be allowed to ignore it. However, if a CM is in training or is being supervised at the time you ask, don't be surprised to hear "the rule" speech because they have to say it!

Did a little investigating today. Went to the popcorn cart by Soarin' where the CMs said that they were only allowed to refill the buckets, no box on the side. I asked if this was a new rule and when the change happened, since we had received a refill in a box last weekend at the same cart. The CMs said that it was an old rule and the CMs were not supposed to give the boxes, but could at their own discretion. We were told to try another cart to ask for a box. Tried the cart on BVS/Carthay Circle. No problem at all getting a box. In fact, the CM reassured us that this "rule" wasn't really a rule, and that just asking for a box should be enough to get one. Went to verify this at Chamber of Commerce. CM there said that, technically, the CMs are supposed to refill directly in the bucket (even though she agreed that this was sort of unsanitary), but that you should be able to request a box. There is a rule, but CMs should be allowed to ignore it. However, if a CM is in training or is being supervised at the time you ask, don't be surprised to hear "the rule" speech because they have to say it!

Thank you for checking up on this, and trying different carts over at DCA! We’ve only gotten refills in DL so far with no issues in getting it on the side. If we ever get a CM who wants to only refill the bucket, we’ll just head to a different stand!😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter