AP rate & Dining Plan

LittleMermaidsMom

DIS Veteran
I think I already know the answer to this, but just wishful thinking:

Can the dining plan be added to an AP dicounted room if you buy a one-day park pass for everyone in your party? I understand the dining plan can only be added to a package with tickets and I've seen that people are able to add the plan to a AAA and pin rate and was just wondering if anyone has called and been told this can or can't be done?

With the lack of general public codes and never receiving a pin rate I'm getting desperate :teeth:

Thanks!

I'm curious too but thinking if it could be done someone here would have done it.

Giving this a little bump :goodvibes

Tried to do that, but was told no by 4 different CMs. Just put the numbers together and see which way works out better for you. We are food people and so it is going to be much cheaper to do the dining plan and pay rack rate for the room, but that is us.

Best of luck!

LittleMermaidsMom said:
I think I already know the answer to this, but just wishful thinking:

Can the dining plan be added to an AP dicounted room if you buy a one-day park pass for everyone in your party? I understand the dining plan can only be added to a package with tickets and I've seen that people are able to add the plan to a AAA and pin rate and was just wondering if anyone has called and been told this can or can't be done?

With the lack of general public codes and never receiving a pin rate I'm getting desperate :teeth:

Thanks!

With an AP you will still qualify for a DDE membership...that *can* add up to a hefty savings.

agnes!

Thanks for the tips and the link to the mousesavers article! We haven't purchased our AP's yet and I was debating whether or not we should hold off and try the dining plan this time.

Thanks!

cocowum said:
Check out this article about AP vs Dining package it's on mousesavers HTH :flower:

Intersting, looks like math may be a little off to me.

If you divide the $1865 quoted are the regular rack rate by 7(nights) it comes out to $266 not the $239 it should be. At first I assumed it may be cuz they are factoring Taxes, but then if you divide the AP rate $1084 by 7(nights) it equals $154 EXACTLY the AP rate for Feb-April, NO TAXES included in the comparison.

Also In the comparison for pay as you go food, he assumed children would order from kids menu(according to footnotes). I did the math $805(cost of plan) divided by 7(nights) equals $115 per night, that means 3 adults and ONE CHILD(not children). So in the comparison Why would Both kids order from the kids menu if one of them is paying the adlut price(in the dining plan)? If you notice some of the prices in the comparisons($50 for four at a table service breakfast, Counter service DINNERS for four $34??), it sounds like TWO adults and TWO kids were priced. If the older child payed ADULT price in the DINING plan, you would assume ADULT priced meals should be used in the comparison.

Those are just observations, I am not going to take time to look at the menus to prove or disprove.

It really depends on how one is going to eat on vacation. If you are going to eat at EXPENSIVE places every night of your trip the plan may save you big, if not the AP rate gives you the savings up front.

The comparison did help me notice a few things.

According to the comparison examples.
Table service dinners cost $90
Table Service Bfast cost $50

Counter Service Dinner cost $34
Counter Service lunch cost $34
counter service Bfast cost $28

just looking at that makes it easy to decide where your TABLE SERVICE choices should be spent to maximize value. And where your Counter service meals should go.

EDIT= And one can add the AAA discount on the package to make things a bit closer.

I have an answer for you as I am in the middle of this dilemna myself!

If I purchase the dining plan, my 10 year old is considered an Adult. HOWEVER, when I go to a Disney restaurant, he is considered a child (under 11). I believe it's because the meal plan is linked to the park tickets, and as we all know, in Disney, a 10 year old is an adult :confused3

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter