AP Year PTRs

JBF1982

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am Janet, 35-year-old mom of 4 living in Reno, NV. We go to Disneyland an average of 1-2x a year. I bought a Deluxe AP I plan to activate June 13. I will be making 6 or so trips between now and next June. Some will be solo, some will be DH and I only, some trips we will bring 1-2 kids. All trips will be short.

My first trip will be June 13-14, staying at Grand Legacy. We stayed there, two nights, back in March, and other than the uncomfortable beds, I was satisfied. I won't have a car and plan to be in the room from 12 AM until 6-630 AM so a very short time.

For the June 13 trip, I will be going solo. My mom has graciously agreed to watch all 4 of my kids. I am flying SWA completely on points. I leave Reno at 10:10 AM and arrive at LAX at 11:40. The Disneyland Express comes at 11:45 and 12:45 and I am counting on making the 12:45 shuttle so I don't feel stressed and rushed trying to make the 11:45. I will get off at the DLH stop, get my AP and go check in at Grand Legacy. Then, I think I will mostly hit DCA as Wednesday is a Grad Night.

I am trying to hit all parades and nighttime spectaculars I can this trip, since we were just at DLR for a day, in March, and got a bunch of rides done. I assume I will park hop a bit as I think I will check out the Soundsational parade at 4:30 in DL. I am also debating whether I want to hit both the fireworks and WOC that night. Fireworks are definitely my preference.

My updates will be pretty text heavy but I will try to add some photos, at some point. Anyway, I'm both nervous and excited for my first solo adventure at DLR!

Last edited:
My next planned trip is September 9-10. I would fly SWA and go solo again. My flight would be scheduled to land at 10AM and then I would catch the Disneyland Express. Right now, I have the Red Lion booked. I got a $78 rate, through Orbitz, before taxes and fees. I tend to change my mind about where to stay though so we'll see.

I am hoping to catch Fantasmic, and see some of the Halloween decorations. Depending on what rides/restaurants I hit in June, I will update with September plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter