APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea what AP rate would be for a standard room at RPR in early June? Trying to figure out if it makes sense to get one.

Anyone have any idea what AP rate would be for a standard room at RPR in early June? Trying to figure out if it makes sense to get one.

Don't look for any rhyme or reason behind what AP rates will be, when they will be available or which hotels will get the best rate. I mainly say that to tell you not to focus on RPR, thinking that will be the best AP rate, because it is the least expensive normal rate. I have stayed at PBH and HRH for considerably less than RPR...even when they all had AP rates, at the same time. I currently have HRH scheduled for late May, for that reason...and PBH rates are currently $15/night lower than RPR, for the same dates.

So, book the best rate you can find, now, and change it, if you find a better rate, later.

Don't look for any rhyme or reason behind what AP rates will be, when they will be available or which hotels will get the best rate. I mainly say that to tell you not to focus on RPR, thinking that will be the best AP rate, because it is the least expensive normal rate. I have stayed at PBH and HRH for considerably less than RPR...even when they all had AP rates, at the same time. I currently have HRH scheduled for late May, for that reason...and PBH rates are currently $15/night lower than RPR, for the same dates.

So, book the best rate you can find, now, and change it, if you find a better rate, later.

Thanks - I do have RPR booked at the Seasonal rate but keep checking the others as well. We usually stay at HRH when at Univesal, but my kids would love to stay at PBR again!

Thanks - I do have RPR booked at the Seasonal rate but keep checking the others as well. We usually stay at HRH when at Univesal, but my kids would love to stay at PBR again!

I think it has to do with how full the hotel is for your particular dates as well as how low they can drop it and still make a profit. A lot goes into the latter category that we don’t know because we don’t have access to Loew’s financial info. Or it could just be a drunk person assigning AP rates. Haha.

I am looking for June as well. Wondering if anyone has experienced a 'max' # of nights you could book @ the APH rate in the past?

Been watching our 3 nights at the hard rock to ensure the rate doesn't go down. Not shown as available for several weeks now so started messing around with the dates, rates are not there from 9th-12th May but can be had from 8th-12th so I'm wondering if they've implemented a 4 day minimum stay over certain periods? We can upgrade our 3 park 14 day UK pass to a 2 park seasonal AP for as little as $5 then use the discount for a single night with two days express access, beginning to wonder if UO are trying to cut this out ........ Guess its all down to supply and demand. Worth increasing your date span though if you're struggling to find an AP rate for May.

I've gotten a the good AP rate for my three nights, but they are weeknights not weekend so that could cause some difficulty. Also for those wondering about a historical perspective, last year I booked my June 5-9 rate (Bay View Portofino) on March 27th. Garden view didn't get released until May 16. I can't say if that's normal or not but it's historical. Nothing wrong with continuing to search. But keep in mind, they're likely going to discount more expensive rooms first, then move on to the lower categories. I've never had any luck getting an AP rate for a standard view RPR but that doesn't mean they don't exist. It's just probably few and far between because occupancy is solid in that resort/room category.

Yes ours is a 3 night booking, booked it a good few weeks ago then disappeared the day after and nothing since, until I checked today adding an extra day onto the booking, then lo and behold the rate we had booked at appeared, just thought it was odd - this was for 9-12 May (Thur, Friday and Sat)

Agree with the RPH, sold as the cheapest on all the third party sites so they rarely need to discount those. Also booked PBH Deluxe downgrading to Bay and Garden room just before so agree with that totally, always keep checking for the best rates.

Not sure what’s considered a good APH rate now, but I got a RPR Standard Room for $224 pretax for May 18 (one night - Friday) for 2 adults.

search here for last year’s date & rate thread, will give you a ballpark if you compare to what you see thus far this year.

I’ve been watch AP rates for 2nd week in May for over a month. Has been near $400 for both RPH & PBH my dates, and these were APH rates for standard room.

Finally, this am, RPH popped up at $199 per night. I jumped :)

Thanks. SF was only $164, but having EP for DW and I for Friday and Saturday was worth the extra $60.00.

Yeah even for 2 people I sadly don't consider the non EP hotels. Might be fun if staying longer or focusing on Volcano Bay though!

Yeah even for 2 people I sadly don't consider the non EP hotels. Might be fun if staying longer or focusing on Volcano Bay though!

We stayed at SF early last month for 5 nights for $199/ night on the Stay More Save More rate (before we decided to upgrade our multi-day Passes to APs). The cheapest EP hotel was 2 to 4 hundred dollars more per night, which was too much imo.

We were upgraded to a lagoon view room at check-in, and could see the boat dock, The Hulk, and Doctor Doom’s Fear Fall from our room. Plus we were only 2 rooms away from the elevators that are near the boat dock. The Strong Water Tavern is really nice too, especially the patio on nice evenings. We spent 2 evenings having drinks on the patio, as well as the late afternoon on our fly-home day.

We had a lot of fun at SF, and wouldn’t hesitate staying there again if the savings were substantial compared to RPR or PBH. However, HRH is our least favorite hotel, and I might select SF over it if the rates were close.

We stayed at SF early last month for 5 nights for $199/ night on the Stay More Save More rate (before we decided to upgrade our multi-day Passes to APs). The cheapest EP hotel was 2 to 4 hundred dollars more per night, which was too much imo.

We were upgraded to a lagoon view room at check-in, and could see the boat dock, The Hulk, and Doctor Doom’s Fear Fall from our room. Plus we were only 2 rooms away from the elevators that are near the boat dock. The Strong Water Tavern is really nice too, especially the patio on nice evenings. We spent 2 evenings having drinks on the patio, as well as the late afternoon on our fly-home day.

We had a lot of fun at SF, and wouldn’t hesitate staying there again if the savings were substantial compared to RPR or PBH. However, HRH is our least favorite hotel, and I might select SF over it if the rates were close.

The time of the year we have available to go...late May, means we want EPs. Knowing that, we will always stay at one of the onsite hotels offering them, because it is simply math for us:

There are 4 of us (we will have an extra girlfriend along for this trip, but we will stick with 4 for demo purposes):

EPs for 4, for May 20-23, with tax are $1831. Three nights at an offsite hotel would be at least $300 ($100/night). A total of $2131.

So, as long as a room at RPR, HRH or PBH is less than $710/night (for 3 nights), including tax and parking fees...we are good. That is just math and doesn't factor in the convenience factor.

We have reservations at HRH, this year, for less than half of that.

Does anyone know when July AP rates came out last year (if there were any)?

No one knows. They released June dates on March 17th last year, but so far, this is what I keep seeing when I am OBSESSIVELY checking this whole week, "Sorry, that promo code is not available. Please select another rate in the Options fields below." UGH!!!!

I would guess maybe $199 on a weeknight, more on a weekend, IF a standard room is available. You can wait to buy an AP until after you book, no need to buy one first.

(This next part is not directed to you personally, more a general comment.) In my experience, when comparing similar room types, RPR will always be less expensive than HRH or PBH. The problem lies in what room types are available to book. I have been playing with my April rates to split my 5 night stay into 3 nights CBBR, 2 nights deluxe. I could have gotten RPR for $199 for 2 weeknights, but the only CBBR rooms then available were the family suites. I did snag HRH garden view for $249 for 2 weekend nights (APH rate) when I could only find a seasonal rate at RPR, and standard at CBBR the other 3. Now when I look that HRH rate is no longer available. I am still trying for RPR though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter