APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much! Is there a ticket office at Universal Orlando resort where I can upgrade to AP?

There is a guest services office at each park outside the gates, inside the gates and at the entrance to the Hogwarts Express ride.

Hi there, thanks very much for everyone who has contributed to this thread. I'd appreciate it if someone could please check my logic below -

We are staying at Universal 1st-6th April this year currently booked into a standard room ($1161) and was intending to get a buy 2 days get to days free park-park pass for myself at $329 (Plus same for wife and 2 kids). So for room + 1 pass that is $1491.

Using the APH code, i can get a suite (would be better with kids) for ($973). Buying a 3-park seasonal pass is $403. So for room + seasonal pass is $1376.

So basically can get a better room and save money in the process. The only concern is that the website is inconsistent in terms of blockout dates. On one page it says our dates are blocked out on the seasonal pass but on all the pages it isn't. The next level up in annual pass doesnt have these dates blocked out at all (so worst case would add another $60).

On the surface it seems the smart way to go, anything i've missed that should be aware of?

Anything stopping me booking a room at that rate and cancelling later if it doesn't work out? looks like you just have to prove you are an AP holder at check-in

Many Thanks!

Hi there, thanks very much for everyone who has contributed to this thread. I'd appreciate it if someone could please check my logic below -

We are staying at Universal 1st-6th April this year currently booked into a standard room ($1161) and was intending to get a buy 2 days get to days free park-park pass for myself at $329 (Plus same for wife and 2 kids). So for room + 1 pass that is $1491.

Using the APH code, i can get a suite (would be better with kids) for ($973). Buying a 3-park seasonal pass is $403. So for room + seasonal pass is $1376.

So basically can get a better room and save money in the process. The only concern is that the website is inconsistent in terms of blockout dates. On one page it says our dates are blocked out on the seasonal pass but on all the pages it isn't. The next level up in annual pass doesnt have these dates blocked out at all (so worst case would add another $60).

On the surface it seems the smart way to go, anything i've missed that should be aware of?

Anything stopping me booking a room at that rate and cancelling later if it doesn't work out? looks like you just have to prove you are an AP holder at check-in

Many Thanks!

That's basically what I did. We ended up in 2 rooms. My son is a pass holder already. I bought a Seasonal Pass and checked my dates. I think as long as you bring an AP to the desk before check out you are fine. According to the conditions, room only can be cancelled up to 6 days before being charged.

Many Thanks!

Here is a link to the block out dates for each pass. This is directly from the APH page. Where are you seeing different information?
https://www.universalorlando.com/we...asses/blockout-dates/index.html#seasonal-pass

Here is a link to the block out dates for each pass. This is directly from the APH page. Where are you seeing different information?

Yep on that page it doesnt show our dates as being blocked out. When you go to buy the ticket (clicking "Buy now" button) then it lists the block out dates again with the following -

Blockout Dates for Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida:

February 4 – April 4, 2019 (No Access to USF for Mardi Gras Concerts)

Those dates would unfortunately be during our stay. They look odd as that is a large block of time versus the other dates being a week or so - perhaps a typo.

I have sent a message to Universal to confirm.

Yep on that page it doesnt show our dates as being blocked out. When you go to buy the ticket (clicking "Buy now" button) then it lists the block out dates again with the following -

Blockout Dates for Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida:

Those dates would unfortunately be during our stay. They look odd as that is a large block of time versus the other dates being a week or so - perhaps a typo.

Yes but it’s only concert nights and only USF not islands of Adventure

Yes I believe what they are saying is during that date range if there is a Mardi Gras concert you won’t be able to get into Universal Studios. You will still be able to get into Islands. I think concert dates are subject to change. Try calling guest services at Universal so they can clarify.

Concert dates are as follows-

Feb. 9 - BUSH
Feb. 16
Gavin DeGraw
Feb. 17
Dan + Shay
Feb. 23
Macklemore
March 2 Sabrina Carpenter
March 9
Becky G
March 10
Sean Paul
March 16
Steve Miller Band
March 17
Ziggy Marley
March 23
NF
March 24
Pitbull
March 30
Bazzi
March 31
TBA

You would not have access to UNiversal Studios on those nights. It looks like those don’t coincide with your dates so you would be good.

Thanks! for anyone interested Universal have come back to me and clarified. It was confusing as the website mentioned up to 4th April (although concerts were only listed to 31 Mar) and also access being blocked for the entire day to USF on concert nights (not just the evening).

Response from Universal below -

"The Seasonal Pass is blocked out at all three parks between April 12 - 27. In addition, that pass would be blocked out at Universal Studios Florida on concert nights (Feb 16, 17, 23, March 2, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31)."

In terms of going the seasonal pass route to get the APH rates any other gotchas to be aware of ? Although we are going to use it as a one time only deal, the reduced hotel rates and other discounts look worthwhile.

Only "gotcha" is the blackout dates. And it would be blocked out of Studios all day on concert dates, not just in the evening. But you still have access to IoA.

Does anyone know if the rates are updated every morning once a day or can they change throughout the day? Looking for aph rates for June or at least lower rates then what are showing now.

Does anyone know if the rates are updated every morning once a day or can they change throughout the day? Looking for aph rates for June or at least lower rates then what are showing now.

There doesn't seem to be any specific time that new rates are posted.

I booked an APH rate for HRH for April 10th & 11th. We've decided to add another day to our trip, but now there isn't an APH rate available for April 12th at HRH. I've been checking the website multiple times a day over the past 2 wks and nothing has shown up. Do they ever release more APH rooms? There are plenty of seasonal rate rooms available. I'm just unsure if I should stop checking and come up with a new plan or keep stalking the website. Any help would be much appreciated.

Possibly the 12th is not available for the ap rate.
It's a Friday and Fri/Sat have higher room rates as it is.

You could call and ask if more dates will become available or if that night is sold out for the type of room you are booked for April 10-11

Possibly the 12th is not available for the ap rate.
It's a Friday and Fri/Sat have higher room rates as it is.

You could call and ask if more dates will become available or if that night is sold out for the type of room you are booked for April 10-11

Thanks for your response. When I initially booked the 10th and 11th, the 12th was available as an APH rate. I'm kicking myself now for not having our plans all settled then. I called last week and they said there was nothing available at this time. I asked if rooms ever open up with APH rate and I was told "it's possible", but I'm not convinced the guy I was talking to knew exactly what he was talking about. I just don't want to waste my time checking if they never open up. If I know there's a chance, I have no problem continuing to check back.

Are you willing to change resorts? There is an Aph rate at Portofino for those 3 nights.

I did see the APH rate for Portofino, but it'll cost me at least $300 more than HRH. I'm just not sure what to do. Thanks for your input.

So with the announcement of the new Harry Potter coaster opening on 6/13 I’m wondering if this will have any effect on Aph rates being released for June? We will be there the week before it opens!

So with the announcement of the new Harry Potter coaster opening on 6/13 I’m wondering if this will have any effect on Aph rates being released for June? We will be there the week before it opens!

I'm noticing there's less inventory in the lower room categories than years past. Hopefully those who had speculatively booked that first week hoping to see the new ride will shift their trips and we can see some progress. Last year they dropped on January 24th or something like that. But the previous year, I booked on March 22nd for a Bay View 2 Queen. Much later a garden view opened up. So we may have some time to wait yet.

There are times of projected high occupancy where no APH rates are initially offered, especially for weekend dates

That doesn’t preclude them offering as the date gets closer if the bookings haven’t reached whatever matrix they utiize

I’ve never paid rack rate for April, May, June or July in the past for the short 2 or 3 night stays we tend to do as a split trip.

I need the last weekend in June, have a feeling that trend will shift & rates won’t really budge much this year for us :bitelip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter