APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone can give me some advice :) We are planning to get our family of 5 seasonal passes for Christmas. I'm trying to plan our first trip for the beginning of February. We've never stayed onsite and this will be our first family trip to Universal. Still debating on Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls...we are planning to get 2 standard rooms to have more room and privacy. Anyway, are the rates I'm looking at today the lowest? Are there AP rates that I'm not seeing or have they not been released yet? Should I go ahead and book or wait? Also, if you have opinions about which hotel I'm all ears :) I know if we pick SF we would still like to go see CB....how can you visit and not pay for parking at both places?? Thanks

If you stay at Sfalls, you can walk to Cbay

Visitor parking cost more than hotel guest parking fees

Keep your car at the hotel where you are staying

You are right. There seem to be more rates available if you use the annual pass link at the top of the website instead.

And thanks!!!! You just saved me $75 by making me check that out! Found a AP rate for all three of my end of October dates at the RPR.

Can you post the link you're using. I am going to Universal site, clicking on Annual Passholders, THEN clicking on Buy Packages, Tickets & Hotels - typing in APH Promo Code but am not finding any APH rates (where I know they exist from the old site). I have keyed in MULTIPLE dates to check and nothing is coming up (and I am keying in dates that aren't popular so there "should" be APH rates available.

Thanks for any help!!!

(WISH THEY'D STOP "IMPROVING" things.. the old lowes site was PERFECT AS IS!!!

Can you post the link you're using. I am going to Universal site, clicking on Annual Passholders, THEN clicking on Buy Packages, Tickets & Hotels - typing in APH Promo Code but am not finding any APH rates (where I know they exist from the old site). I have keyed in MULTIPLE dates to check and nothing is coming up (and I am keying in dates that aren't popular so there "should" be APH rates available.

Thanks for any help!!!

(WISH THEY'D STOP "IMPROVING" things.. the old lowes site was PERFECT AS IS!!!

I agree! I can't get any APH rates on the new site- and the old link isn't working! I went to the Lowe's site and tried and there I can see the APH rates- is that the site you guys are using now?

I agree! I can't get any APH rates on the new site- and the old link isn't working! I went to the Lowe's site and tried and there I can see the APH rates- is that the site you guys are using now?

What Lowes link are you using, can you post it here?

Also, are you able to view rates for all hotels together, or have to do 1 at a time?

Thx!!!

That's the site I am using.

What Lowes link are you using, can you post it here?

Also, are you able to view rates for all hotels together, or have to do 1 at a time?

Thx!!!

https://www.loewshotels.com/ And you have to do it one at a time unfortunately.

I am going to www.universalorlando.com

Then I am clicking on "annual passholders" which is written in white at the very top of the page. Once in that page, go down a little bit and I am clicking on the tab that says, "Hotel Offers". Don't click on anything in the left menu, just click on the white tab that says "hotel offers".

You can check to see if this works by putting in dates Oct. 25-Oct.27 at RPR. There are AP rates available there.

Last edited:

Then I am clicking on "annual passholders" which is written in white at the very top of the page. Once in that page, go down a little bit and I am clicking on the tab that says, "Hotel Offers". Don't click on anything in the left menu, just click on the white tab that says "hotel offers".

You can check to see if this works by putting in dates Oct. 25-Oct.27 at RPR. There are AP rates available there.

Thanks! This worked to see APH rates! I was using the link above www.loweshotel.com. You do have to check each hotel separately there too- but at least you get APH rates!

Thanks. To confirm, you HAVE to do each hotel seperately, correct?

Thx. HATE the new way...HOPE this link comes back operational!!! https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UESFR

I emailed Lowes hotel telling them so too...hopefully they get A LOT of complaints. So much simpler!!!

Yes!!! Who did you email?

I am so mad the old link is gone. It is a pain trying to search through each individual hotel for multiple different days and multiple different rates. And my computer does not like the new cluttered up site, so that's not helping either. It keeps freezing and crashing those pages. I got so frustrated earlier today, that I just I went to Disney. I put in my dates, hit search, and pulled up a list of all available rooms at all hotels including rates for my dates. Took less time than loading the initial Universal page did. I'm not jumping through hoops just to get a room quote!

So I found on the loews site where you can search all hotels together....... BUT THEN IT SELECTS ONE FOR YOU!

The struggle. I miss my link!!!

In other news I'll keep looking through the thread... but how far are APH rates out right now?

Yes!!! Who did you email?

Wasn't an email per se, but a review / comment. I can't remember exactly where I was on Lowes site, but when i went to leave it a review / comment popped up. SO I took advantage and copied / pasted the old invalid link telling them this process was A LOT better / easier to use for onsite Universal hotels.

Last edited:
After fiddling around a bit, I have found a way to do it. Use the link below and change to suit your dates.

Here is a link...https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/default.aspx?zipcode=&pCode=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR,UESFR,UECBB,UEAVH&adults=2&children=0&rooms=1&checkin=12/12/2017&checkout=12/14/2017&promoType=&promo-code=&group-code=&promo=aph&sr=&iata=&hgID=641

You can use that and then change the dates.

Good catch! Comparing the url that shows the promo code to the one that is generated automatically when entering APH from the non-Florida resident search it looks like the "aph" is being inserted in the wrong place when the system generates the url. The search function places aph in the variable promo-code=aph which results in no AP rates being displayed. It seems it needs to be in the variable promo=aph

Now if only their IT would fix it.

Good catch! Comparing the url that shows the promo code to the one that is generated automatically when entering APH from the non-Florida resident search it looks like the "aph" is being inserted in the wrong place when the system generates the url. The search function places aph in the variable promo-code=aph which results in no AP rates being displayed. It seems it needs to be in the variable promo=aph

Now if only their IT would fix it.

I agree. It is a glitch on their part.

Question: I booked a Bay view room with APH rate at Portofino Bay for 3 nights in November before we head over to WDW. Plans changed a bit and we are moving over to WDW 1 night earlier. The rate I booked is not available to rebook for just the 2 nights. Could I just call and get 1 night removed and keep the rate I booked? Or do I have to rebook a new reservation and cancel the old one?

Could I just call and get 1 night removed and keep the rate I booked? Or do I have to rebook a new reservation and cancel the old one?

Unfortunately, if it's no longer available for just the 2 nights, they will not modify the reservation and allow you to keep the APH rate for those 2 nights. I have tried it myself before. I used to think only Universal did this, but it appears WDW started the same protocol about a year ago. Definitely call and try, but I don't think your chances are very good. :guilty:

Unfortunately, if it's no longer available for just the 2 nights, they will not modify the reservation and allow you to keep the APH rate for those 2 nights. I have tried it myself before. I used to think only Universal did this, but it appears WDW started the same protocol about a year ago. Definitely call and try, but I don't think your chances are very good. :guilty:

Yep. Neither one likes "orphaned" rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter