APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: I booked a Bay view room with APH rate at Portofino Bay for 3 nights in November before we head over to WDW. Plans changed a bit and we are moving over to WDW 1 night earlier. The rate I booked is not available to rebook for just the 2 nights. Could I just call and get 1 night removed and keep the rate I booked? Or do I have to rebook a new reservation and cancel the old one?
Make sure you check back often... which is now way more difficult to do. I usually find some pretty great rates that start opening up 1-2 weeks out so better rates may come available due to cancellation or sites releasing their rooms back to Loews.

Make sure you check back often... which is now way more difficult to do. I usually find some pretty great rates that start opening up 1-2 weeks out so better rates may come available due to cancellation or sites releasing their rooms back to Loews.

Yep that's my plan at this point. I did book at RPR for the 2 nights at seasonal rate, which is $60/night more than the APH rate I had at PB. Hopefully something comes up, but at least we have something reasonable. I priced out switching to a moderate resort and buying the Express pass, but the passes for 2 adults for 2 days were over $500+tax since it's a holiday week.

I have been keeping tabs open for all 3 premium resorts and I just refresh the tabs every so often. It's not too bad, but I do need 3 tabs open now instead of just one.

I waste entirely too much time of my life checking each hotel for both APH and MIL rates now. :(
I think December 6-10 is going to be a busy time in Orlando. Usually it's pretty quiet. Guess not this year!

I waste entirely too much time of my life checking each hotel for both APH and MIL rates now. :(
I think December 6-10 is going to be a busy time in Orlando. Usually it's pretty quiet. Guess not this year!

Pop Warner/national cheer & dance competition probably spilling over to stay onsite @ U, out of 'the world' & the higher prices this year for the values/mods.

Does Universal/Loews track your requests with their cookies? I keep tabs open to keep checking for my dates. But I am beginning to wonder if I need to clear cookies before I check each time. This is the latest I have ever gone without seeing some change in price for the same dates I book every year.

There is conflicting info on whether travel sites track browsing history to manipulate quotes, with some travel experts recommending clearing cookies before any search and some saying it won't make a difference.

Does anyone regularly clear cookies before searching and do you think it makes a difference in the quotes you get?

Does Universal/Loews track your requests with their cookies? I keep tabs open to keep checking for my dates. But I am beginning to wonder if I need to clear cookies before I check each time. This is the latest I have ever gone without seeing some change in price for the same dates I book every year.

There is conflicting info on whether travel sites track browsing history to manipulate quotes, with some travel experts recommending clearing cookies before any search and some saying it won't make a difference.

Does anyone regularly clear cookies before searching and do you think it makes a difference in the quotes you get?

I was beginning to wonder the same thing. I don't see any APH rates past Dec 21st.

I have never had that experience.

I'm seeing same rates whether i check w/IPhone/Ipad/desktop. Also have do private browsing and rates still the same.

That said never hurts to clear your cookies :)

What dates are you seeing rates through?

APH rates were available thru 12/21. Not always available for al dates/nights & can sell out quickly or have minimum stays.

Not seeing for any for date(s) I'd need thanksgiving weekend nor my 2018 travel yet

Mod mac will be setting up the 2018 share your rate thread soon.

Might want to check out this year's thread for your dates & see when posts were made with APH rates, could likely follow suit.

Prices are high for my dates

Same dates for 2018 that I did for fall 2017

Same room type, same dates using smsm

$33 more each night for 2018 bookings

How will I know when the APH rates are there? (I'm looking for August 2018). Right now when I select RPR or CB, it says "the requested rate is not available; however, we would like to offer you these available rates." and shows me the STAY MORE, SAVE MORE and SEASONAL RATE. Will there be another selection that says something like ANNUAL PASS RATE?

How will I know when the APH rates are there? (I'm looking for August 2018). Right now when I select RPR or CB, it says "the requested rate is not available; however, we would like to offer you these available rates." and shows me the STAY MORE, SAVE MORE and SEASONAL RATE. Will there be another selection that says something like ANNUAL PASS RATE?

Yes, it will say annual pass rate. They won't be available for your rates until about May at the earliest and possibly later than that.

Here is the annual pass link ... https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

Just play around with it to see what is available now.

APH rates are available for past Dec 21, I got a rate of $301 for a Cabana Bay Courtyard Family Suite for Dec 21-23, saving $253.

APH rates are available for past Dec 21, I got a rate of $301 for a Cabana Bay Courtyard Family Suite for Dec 21-23, saving $253.
Thank you!

Just saved $1800 on the hotel for our trip at Christmas! We have 2 rooms Dec 23-26 at RPR. We'll need to buy 2 APs, but we'll still be way ahead.

I've been playing around on the site. It seems AP rates are available until Dec 26. Christmas Day at RPR is only $204! When will they post Jan 2? Or will they not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!