Appetizers for 75 to 100 people that won't break the bank.

Your menu sounds fantastic, OP! If you go with a mac & cheese bar instead of the mac cupcakes, I'd use and borrow a few crockpots. There are some great recipes out there for crockpot mac and cheese that cook and keep excellently. Toppings can add up quickly, but I'd think some of the most popular options would be bacon, chives or scallions, pulled pork, extra cheese, bread crumbs and/or crushed Ritz crackers, tri-color peppercorn mill for fresh-cracked pepper, red chili flakes, sliced jalapenos, sauteed onions (easy to prep in advance and keep hot in a mini-crockpot), Tabasco...

Your menu sounds fantastic, OP! If you go with a mac & cheese bar instead of the mac cupcakes, I'd use and borrow a few crockpots. There are some great recipes out there for crockpot mac and cheese that cook and keep excellently. Toppings can add up quickly, but I'd think some of the most popular options would be bacon, chives or scallions, pulled pork, extra cheese, bread crumbs and/or crushed Ritz crackers, tri-color peppercorn mill for fresh-cracked pepper, red chili flakes, sliced jalapenos, sauteed onions (easy to prep in advance and keep hot in a mini-crockpot), Tabasco...

I was thinking about that the other day, my family can devour a crock pot full of mac and cheese. I was thinking about making it and starting with a full crock pot then keep a pan or two in the lower oven on warm, and just keep adding to the crock pot. I am looking for a new crock pot, my extra one did not survive the move last year. But I am waiting for black friday, to pick up a cheapy one.

On the toppings. I was leaning towards.... Bacon, Pulled pork, extra cheese, and green onion/chives. I will start stocking up on bacon, Publix runs BOGO so I will stock up, or hit the warehouse store. I cook my bacon in the oven, so really no mess and can be done ahead of time. With the pulled pork, I do alot of make ahead meals, so I will just need to pull the BBQ pork out of the freezer, thaw and put in the slow cooker to warm, I already have a bunch of seasoning and such so I am good there. But I did add all this to my list so that I can stay organized.

Meatballs in a crockpot with a large jar of grape jam and a medium size container or yellow mustard. Cook for 4 hrs on high stir occasionally while cooking.

Meatballs in a crockpot with a large jar of grape jam and a medium size container or yellow mustard. Cook for 4 hrs on high stir occasionally while cooking.

I make all kinds of meatballs, for the party I will be sticking to a basic Italian meatball with a BBQ dipping sauce for the kids section.

I do have a great recipe for Asian inspired meatballs. You need a beer like Kirin, and some Hoisin Sauce, dark soy ( you can use lower sodium soy sauce), Worcestershire sauce, and some orange marmalade, or some type of citrus - orange works best with my family. I do mix everything together for the sauce and taste, before pouring over the meatballs, low and slow for a couple of hours. They make great sliders with King Hawaiian rolls.

Last edited:

We used to have a similar type of party BC (before children) lol!

Spinach dip - cheap and make a nice presentation in a bread bowl.

Turkey salad on baguettes - at Thanksgiving I would get the free turkey and freeze until right before the holiday party. I would make the turkey a few days before the party and make turkey salad with cranberries in it - slice up baguettes and serve the turkey salad on top - looks great, tastes great, pretty cheap!

Little meatballs - frozen meatballs in a crockpot with chili sauce and grape jelly - sounds odd by is very good!

Sausage puffs - roll of Bob Evans sausage, bisquick, cheddar cheese and water - roll into little puffs and bake.

Hope you have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter