Apple stock split

Frwinkley

DIS Veteran
Apple is set to split its stock 4:1 on August 28th. We have never purchased individual stocks before, but did buy (and sell) Apple shares in March/April and made a quick sum of money.

Now we're interested in buying some shares again with the money we made (yes, we taking some chances). We are in a position to just let the Apple stock sit.

We are heavily invested in Apple products and follow the company's movement as far as product, technologies, etc. We consider ourselves very knowledgeable about the company.

Anyone have any advice?

I wouldn't say a split is necessarily a reason to buy or not. The real value is going to be the same before and after.

If Apple didn’t announce a split, would you still be interested in buying it?

There is no reason to buy a stock just because it’s going to split. The price is the same whether you have 1 share at $400 or 4 shares at $100 each.

I own Apple stock. Bought in years ago for around $95 a share. It spilt once since I’ve owned it and I’m excited to see it splitting again. I’m trying to convince my DS20 to make a small investment in the company after it splits. We are friends with someone who invested $2500 and it’s now worth over $250,000. How I wish I would have bought in earlier! We have no intentions of selling the stock off right now. It was a small investment at the time & I’m really curious to see how much I can make off it.

We too have a friend who did the same and has held onto it. His stock is now worth about 160K.

Our plan is to purchase it and hold on.

Yes, I still am interested in buying it.

But what is it about the split that makes you want to buy? I think this split is very bad news as it will reduce Apple's influence over the direction of the Dow Jones Stock Index. I would rather have Apple as the most influential stock in the index. With this split it will just be the middle of the pack. I would rather Apple had a 10:1 reverse split so they can take the lead over Amazon on their stock price per share. Now Amazon is blowing them out of the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter