Appropriate rides at Disney World while Pregnant

AnthonyAllShore

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Im trying to figure out what rides are ok for a pregnant woman to ride on. She will be 5 months prego. I think she would describe herself as leaning on the side of going on rides, but obviously not willing to do anything that may have any negative effects on her and baby. Ive done some research but I have not found a full "list" to work off of. I see Disney offers a phone number to call in dealing with this topic. Just wondering if anyone in this community has any info or strong feelings either which way?

My initial thoughts are obviously no thrill rides. And I think I can figure out the obviously ok ones too.

But, how about:

Pirates? She thinks its ok, im not sure.
Mickey + Minnies Runaway Railway?

As per usual, thanks for any opinions!

The wife did pirates a lot due to it being extra tame.
The rest is like you said. No coasters. I would even think splash is doable.
Just whatever she is comfortable sitting on.
Navi at AK also a good choice

Hi all,

Im trying to figure out what rides are ok for a pregnant woman to ride on. She will be 5 months prego. I think she would describe herself as leaning on the side of going on rides, but obviously not willing to do anything that may have any negative effects on her and baby. Ive done some research but I have not found a full "list" to work off of. I see Disney offers a phone number to call in dealing with this topic. Just wondering if anyone in this community has any info or strong feelings either which way?

My initial thoughts are obviously no thrill rides. And I think I can figure out the obviously ok ones too.

But, how about:

I believe any of the rides that have a height requirement, also have a pregnancy warning.

I wouldn’t be so concerned about the drop at Pirates, rather the possibility that there may be a lot of bumping at the end of the ride as boats run into each other. I would also be concerned about that on IASW, the Speedway, Gran Fiesta and Frozen. Those bumps can be rather jarring.

I would be wary of the Tea Cups, although I don’t ride those as a not pregnant person either!

Alien at DHS has a bit of a whipping movement that may be uncomfortable.

I think only cast members have ridden MMRR at this point, but there might be videos that show how it moves.

Hi all,

But, how about:

also look at the whipping on Toy Story Mania closely and there is no height requirement there not sure about Preg notice never needed to check that

Also the safari has a pregnancy warning, apparently it's less bumpy in the front. But the line/experience can be long and I don't even remember where the closest bathrooms are (which would be more of my concern)

I don't believe MMRR has a pregnancy warning.

It also depends to what degree your wife is a vomit comet. My first pregnancy i was a nauseous wreck basically the entire time. Probably would have puked on its a small world

There are MANY threads on here with tips on being pregnant at Disney. Highly recommend reading through them.

Just keep in mind, many rides are not recommended for expecting moms not because the ride is necessarily rough but also because an emergency stop would impact the belly area in a really awful way. I'm not trying to scare but you will see a lot of comments like "i rode it and was fine" on rides that are not recommended. My personal view is "why risk it?" but to each their own.

If you're looking at which rides have warnings, check them out in the app and click on "accessibility & other information" and that's where you'll see the warnings.

I went when I was about 5.5 months with my second. The biggest issue for me was making sure I was drinking enough water and slowing down.

Do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable!

I was 5 months pregnant when I went last year and the only 2 rides that I rode with expectant mother warnings were the safari and Star Tours. I was actually surprised there was a warning for KS but I get it. I rode it enough times in the past to know that I would be comfortable with the amount of bumps but I did request the front seat and it was perfect.

I decided to ride Star Tours on a whim- I was waiting in the exit hallway while my husband rode and started chatting with a cast member about the warning. As some people mentioned, a concern is that the strap itself may push into the stomach if there is a sudden movement/stop. She suggested that if I did decide to ride, that I could request the center aisle & center seat since it has the least amount of movement. So I decided to ride- she let my husband ride a second time with me and made sure I got the exact center seat. I felt perfectly comfortable with the amount of movement. I did mull over riding FOP but I personally wasn't comfortable with the restraints and my pregnant belly.

Overall, a Disney bus ride or FEA felt bumpier to me at certain points than ST or KS but again, whatever makes you feel most comfortable!

Hi all,

But, how about:

not to scare you but have friends who just went from a normal 5 month pregnancy to baby in the NICU at 6 months with no warning. should have lost him at that point and it was a second pregnancy. it was something that happened and happened home but would have happened if they had been on vacation. have a daughter who works in NICU and most of babies there were not planned to be there

I went to Disney 3 times pregnant. I was around 24 weeks, 26 weeks, and 8 weeks another time. I rode Small World, FEA, and Pirates without issue. I also rode TSMM and Soarin. I did not do any of the coasters, TOT, or Splash Mountain. I did do the safari because I live on a farm in a rural area with many unpaved roads that require 4WD. When the roads become weathered, it can take weeks for the road department to drag them so they are often very bumpy and full of ridges due to erosion. The safari is not much different than a daily drive for me. Disney lists which rides expectant mothers should not go on, and I would generally follow that.

I was 4 months pregnant when I went and just followed Disney’s pregnancy guidelines. If it didn’t have a pregnancy warning, I rode it.

I’m pretty sure everything with a height requirement also has a pregnancy warning except Soarin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!