April 2018 is the best time for Disney....trip report

On April 22nd will they be doing any of the half marathon during the day? If so, will it affect the parks?

On April 22nd will they be doing any of the half marathon during the day? If so, will it affect the parks?

morrik5, The race on Sunday starts really early and will be done before lunchtime. Here is a course map from 2017.

2017-rundisney-star-wars-dark-side-half-marathon-course-map_1_orig.png

So World Drive between DHS and AK will be tied up (mile 8-9) on one side along with Osceola Parkway to AK (mile 6-8). The effect on DHS and Epcot will be minimal. The event finishes at Epcot parking lot but it is huge. They have rows of small orange cones in the parks to guide runners but other than Osceola and World Drive, the effect on your vacation is minimal.

The event starts at 530am and is released in waves of runners every few minutes. Don't know how many waves but by 630am they should be finished at the start. By 8am or so they should be through with AK, etc. They are quick to pick up cones and return to "normal".

Bama Ed

Some years back we were there for Marathon weekend in Jan and saw little impact in the parks other than a small uptick in crowds and the runners wearing their medals over the next few days. Check with Garneska as she might have some first hand knowledge.

Lots of it. Thanks Mike. I suspect you will see a slight up tick at the weekend. As Bama Ed said, the race starts early so I doubt you will have many traffic issues. We did darkside it’s first year, 2 years ago. The weekend brings in a lot less than marathon weekend. Now when Star Wars land opens and they do this race, so possible 20@9 or 2020, I think it will be nuts.

We will be there April 28- May 5! I have to be honest, I'm getting a tad nervous. I joined a group on Facebook and seeing some complaints come in about noise and the conditions of the comfort stations. I am trying to reassure myself that more people complain then praise.... I see it at work all the time. But I think since my kids diagnosis, I overthink everything!:( I jump through thinking we should back the trip up and get a room, but I also know we have been looking forward to camping for so long.

I joined a group on Facebook and seeing some complaints come in about noise and the conditions of the comfort stations.
Were they talking about the Fort? The only noise complaints I've heard of are on rare occasion when a large group will take over one of the tent or full loops. I have never experienced it but from other posts, it seems to be local groups on the weekends.

And I've never heard any consistent issues with the comfort stations. Just the opposite, in fact. The comfort stations at the Fort are known to be some of the nicest/cleanest of any campground.

j

Were they talking about the Fort? The only noise complaints I've heard of are on rare occasion when a large group will take over one of the tent or full loops. I have never experienced it but from other posts, it seems to be local groups on the weekends.

And I've never heard any consistent issues with the comfort stations. Just the opposite, in fact. The comfort stations at the Fort are known to be some of the nicest/cleanest of any campground.

j

It was on a Facebook post, someone is currently there and has had a terrible time with noise, and large groups. Then a couple people commented that this has become the new norm and the infamous I WILL NEVER COME BACK lol.. Others said during holidays and weekends this tends to be an issue. I did see a couple people say that in their 20 plus years they have never had this issue. I thought about upgrading to a full or premium but our tent is way to large.

Someone else complained a couple of days ago that the comfort stations were awful and then others commented with their opinions.

I often sometimes feel like people do forget that this is camping, and even with a multi million dollar company there will be issues.

Like I said I try to take it all with a grain of salt, this will be our fist time at the fort in a tent. We stayed in a cabin previously and fell in the love with the Fort and don't really want to stay anywhere else. I do have a room only at Pop but don't want to lose my fast passes, and honestly don't want to not camp. So here is praying for the best!!

Returning to the Cabins April 20 to 28, probably our 9th stay. Not running the races, just enjoying the peace and quiet.

We will be at the Fort April 10-17. We rented a camper from Wilderness Rentals. I think in a premium site. Having dinner at California Grille and Ohana. Can’t wait

Well will be there April 28- May 5 Tent camping for the first time so I assume either 1500 or 2000 loop. Our daughter 8 is really looking forward to camping. Also she has no idea we are going to Disney just that we are going to take an overnight train ride and then go camping in Florida.

Beautiful Easter morning here in the brand new 3000 loop with Lakeside and faux Mountain View!

F5B183F6-311A-458F-9193-16026158A913.jpeg
Love the site that was assigned!! First stop this morning was TE...
I was thrilled that they have imported the Tonga Toast to this location. Delicious!! Going to use the special unlimited FP bonus prize that we received for being first person to camp in new loop to ride at MK all day today. I cannot wait!!! Happy April 1 Easter everybody!!

If anyone there can post the April movie and recreation calendar everyone will be grateful.

Read a report that there will be NO FastPass+ for Toy Story Midway Mania from April 9 to May 7 for construction purposes Story is on WDW News Tonight site

I just canceled a tent site for the weekend of April 20-22 if you all know someone who is looking.

16 days to get everything ready for the first trip this season in the MH and then stays at 2 different KOAs on our way down to The Fort from just east of Toronto to arrive and meet up with our daughter on April 21st for 7 nights. Can't wait to see everything from the eyes of our almost 4 yr old DGD and our 7 1/2 yr old DGS (his 2nd trip). Can't wait to leave this cold, damp weather.

It was on a Facebook post, someone is currently there and has had a terrible time with noise, and large groups. Then a couple people commented that this has become the new norm and the infamous I WILL NEVER COME BACK lol.. Others said during holidays and weekends this tends to be an issue. I did see a couple people say that in their 20 plus years they have never had this issue. I thought about upgrading to a full or premium but our tent is way to large.

Someone else complained a couple of days ago that the comfort stations were awful and then others commented with their opinions.

I often sometimes feel like people do forget that this is camping, and even with a multi million dollar company there will be issues.

Like I said I try to take it all with a grain of salt, this will be our fist time at the fort in a tent. We stayed in a cabin previously and fell in the love with the Fort and don't really want to stay anywhere else. I do have a room only at Pop but don't want to lose my fast passes, and honestly don't want to not camp. So here is praying for the best!!

We camp at the Fort four to six times a year, just returning from a week stay for spring break. Spring break is by far the most rowdy, noisy, crazy time of the year. We see more out of state tags during this time than all other times combined. The tent loops do tend to be the worst during spring break. The time period you will be there should not be that bad, so try not to fret and enjoy your stay.

Beautiful Easter morning here in the brand new 3000 loop with Lakeside and faux Mountain View!

View attachment 313036
Love the site that was assigned!! First stop this morning was TE...
I was thrilled that they have imported the Tonga Toast to this location. Delicious!! Going to use the special unlimited FP bonus prize that we received for being first person to camp in new loop to ride at MK all day today. I cannot wait!!! Happy April 1 Easter everybody!!
Jim just for my own sense of jealousy are those FP's valid for life ?

We camp at the Fort four to six times a year, just returning from a week stay for spring break. Spring break is by far the most rowdy, noisy, crazy time of the year. We see more out of state tags during this time than all other times combined. The tent loops do tend to be the worst during spring break. The time period you will be there should not be that bad, so try not to fret and enjoy your stay.[/QUOT
Several years ago while in a cabin we had a large group come in and during the day and early evening they were a bit louder than we were accustomed to but they had kids and well They settled down by a reasonable hour but in the meantime we found ourselves enjoying and laughing at their antics .

Sorry to say Jim they sent me the cut rate one's. Valid for all stays prior to 2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter