*April 2019 - Check in*

We will be in Disneyland April 2-7th at the Paradise Pier Hotel. It is our first time staying at that hotel. Our whole family is excited to be back in DL in 2019!! We have 5 day PH this trip and hope to hit the park everyday and maybe swim a bit if it is warm enough.
I stayed at Paradise Pier ages ago and thought it was nice -- the rooms are very spacious. EMH is definitely an amazing perk for onsite hotels too, so take advantage if you can (especially at DCA, since 3+ day tickets can only get early entry for DL days).

Just booked Paradise Pier for Dapper Days weekend! April 10-15. We are veteran World visitors, So excited for our first trip to the Land!

We are staying April 10-16th at the DLH for Dance the Magic! My DD12 is super excited to dance in a parade down Main Street!

Are the refurbishments primarily finished by Spring Break? I know that with Star Wars opening within the next few months, the refurbishment schedule may be a little different than usual. I'm really hoping that Space Mountain will be open by the time we go. It was also closed the last time we went. I believe the Halloween overlay was being installed. I also hope that the castle is completed by then, but that's more for aesthetics and being able to access Fantasyland more easily. I usually only do the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough once during my trip. However, if Haunted Mansion is open, that will be sweet. It's been closed the last two times we went (to install the Halloween overlay). We'd like to go on it in its normal form.

We are staying April 10-16th at the DLH for Dance the Magic! My DD12 is super excited to dance in a parade down Main Street!
Added you! I've never heard of the Dance the Magic -- sounds like a great program. How large is the group that performs?

Are the refurbishments primarily finished by Spring Break? I know that with Star Wars opening within the next few months, the refurbishment schedule may be a little different than usual. I'm really hoping that Space Mountain will be open by the time we go. It was also closed the last time we went. I believe the Halloween overlay was being installed. I also hope that the castle is completed by then, but that's more for aesthetics and being able to access Fantasyland more easily. I usually only do the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough once during my trip. However, if Haunted Mansion is open, that will be sweet. It's been closed the last two times we went (to install the Halloween overlay). We'd like to go on it in its normal form.
Last year we also went during Spring Dapper days and they had finished the months long Splash Mountain refurb just in time for our trip. Just one example from last year though, as you said this year is a bit different since they are aiming to have refurbs complete by Galaxy's Edge. I've seen "Spring 2019" as reopen dates for F! and the castle refurb, so who knows what that means (could very well mean the last possible day of Spring). I also hope the castle is open in time for our trip since it sounds like it makes entry to FL a logistical issue, especially when rope dropping. I do *think* that Haunted Mansion will be open in April, barring any unforeseen refurb popping up. I love the classic haunted mansion so I'm also excited to experience that version again.

Added you! I've never heard of the Dance the Magic -- sounds like a great program. How large is the group that performs?
Not sure, this is our first year! They have events in Disneyland, DW, and New York. Our studio has 15-20 girls going and they are busy from 9-6 Saturday with training ect including the parade and about 1-5 Sunday including a performance on stage. I'd assume pretty large, and we were given discounted rates at DLH and PP along with discounted family tickets. I'm guessing between the dancers and dapper days that weekend will be pretty busy.

I don't have plans for any of the events, but I am very excited to see the menus when they come out! I'm thinking of getting the Sip & Savor pass. It sounds like anyone can buy them this year, not just APs.

OOOO didn't know that. Thanks! About the Sip & Savor pass!

Easter Weekend for us: April 19-22. Villas Grand Californian. Putting our points to work...:) We hope to take part in at least one of the Food and Wine events too.

Mike

I am so curious to find out what will be closed/open for our dates (Apr 29-May 1). Please let BTMR and Guardians be open!! There is just no telling at this point, but I'm going to be stalking the news pages and probably the rumor mills...

I am so curious to find out what will be closed/open for our dates (Apr 29-May 1). Please let BTMR and Guardians be open!! There is just no telling at this point, but I'm going to be stalking the news pages and probably the rumor mills...
I know how you feel! I would be CRUSHED if Guardians is closed when we go too. Let us know if you hear of any rumors on closures -- I am keeping my eyes peeled for those too.

Ooo, so speaking of rumors and/or speculation :scratchin --

I was just checking the Daily Events Schedule so I could see the most recent day (March 8) and what refurbs are being listed. Looks like the Sailing Ship Columbia is off of the refurb list starting March 8th! This makes me hopeful that Fantasmic! will be up and running for our April trips... I know they were doing some maintenance on the show aspects as well, but having the Columbia available is definitely a good sign!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2019-03-08/

ETA: The schedule is now showing a 9pm and 10:30pm Fantasmic! for March 8th!!!

Last edited:
Checking in for our Honeymoon at the Grand Californian on April 14. We'll be there til the 17th then switching to cheaper accommodations for the rest of the trip through the 22nd. I will be my fiancé's first time at Disneyland and my first time on property. So excited.

That sounds fun -- I added you to the list! I've read your trip reports and really enjoyed them. Any plans for cute family shirts again? :-)

Even though it's 90 days out, I'm getting pretty excited about our trip, and this weekend we made these! (I say we because I let a few of the kids help. A little bit...) Man, there are a lot of us!
1Cq2ZoZ.jpg

Even though it's 90 days out, I'm getting pretty excited about our trip, and this weekend we made these! (I say we because I let a few of the kids help. A little bit...) Man, there are a lot of us!
1Cq2ZoZ.jpg
Oh my gosh they are so cute! I love that the shirts are yellow -- nice and bright to spot straying family members :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter