April 2020 Car Rental

rates are down today -search using Autoslash
Any issues with Auto Slash?
I searched using them. Found great deals with Budget and Hertz. About the same with National and Alamo.
Just curious if their prices are real, do you have to go through the counter, do they suddenly have upcharges show up, etc? Some of their prices almost seem too good.

I searched using them. Found great deals with Budget and Hertz. About the same with National and Alamo.
Just curious if their prices are real, do you have to go through the counter, do they suddenly have upcharges show up, etc? Some of their prices almost seem too good.

We have used Autoslash twice in the past year, both through Hertz. One time we paid ahead with the option to cancel for a full refund and had no issues. Most recently we chose to pay at the counter, again no issue. Once we went to the counter and another time we went straight to the garage.

I have only used the "pay later with priceline" option and it works like any reservation through Priceline. On the first page of AutoSlash you checkoff all the memberships you have. AutoSlash uses this information to search for discounts. If you check off a membership that you do not have, that could cause an issue with the rental.
Going straight to the car or stopping at the counter depends on your relationship with the rental car company you reserve with. If you see an offer on AutoSlash you like and click the Priceline link you will handle the reservation through Priceline just like any other Priceline car rental reservation. You will eventually end up on a page where you need to enter your contact information. Toward the bottom of the page is a drop down for you to enter your rental car membership number. This will give you any privileges you normal get with the rental car company and your reservation should appear on the rental car company website under your membership account.

My rate was down by $40 today. My boss's rental for the first week of May dropped $65.

I'm realistically wondering if our trip will even happen at this point, but I'll still be watching rental rates just in case.

I think it does. It's not by chance they choose April 1st as that day starts new qtr for Disney business. They can shovel all the losses into 1st qtr 2020 including future losses of Disney+ Disney is going to throw everything including the kitchen sink into the first qtr of what was bad.

Our trip is probably going to get cancelled, but for grins and giggles I keep checking to see if there has been a rate drop in our rental and there hasn't. I am really surprised too because I thought for sure they would lower the costs to get people to rent. I guess they may have an increase since people don't want to fly

Popping back in one last time to wish each of you much pixie dust for your April vacations. I hope they all go off without a hitch....my fingers are crossed for y'all.

We made the difficult decision today to pull the plug on our April plans, and have rebooked for the end of May [still not sure if that's far enough out to be "safe", either......but here's hopin'].

Safe travels!!

the prices have finally come down to a good deal.
And now, we cancel our trip. I really don't expect to see WDW open during late April, but cancelling only made sense at this point.

the prices have finally come down to a good deal.
And now, we cancel our trip. I really don't expect to see WDW open during late April, but cancelling only made sense at this point.

yep figures! we cancelled our trip last night sadly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter