April 2020 Car Rental

We finally were able to get our dates settled for April and our flights are booked. Made that initial worst-case-scenario vehicle reservation yesterday and we are sitting at $342 for a midsize SUV, 9am pickup on April 17th and a 1:30 pm drop off on April 24th (Alamo through Costco, so that rate includes a free extra driver). Very high but I'm confident that it will decline significantly before we travel.

We just returned on January 31st from our last trip and started our initial rental search with a whopping rate of $435, and ended up paying $252 WITH the fuel option for a standard truck. Lots of time for all of us to benefit from the big price drops.

If anyone finds an Alamo coupon for $ off versus an upgrade, please share it here!

Keep waiting for Alamo prices to drop for our April trip, but not much happening so far.
The best I've done is the AP discount and free upgrade.
Still hoping the price will drop as we get closer.

I'm waiting too. Currently Alamo is about $350.00 using the passholder discount, and free upgrade. That is for 1 week. I only paid $396.00 for 2 weeks this past August.

Hi everyone. I just booked a trip from April 25th to May 2nd. I cannot believe these rental car prices so far. There will be 6 of us so need a big SUV or minivan and seeing $450-550. I looked back at my last 2 trips to Orlando and only spent around $200 with Alamo (for a smaller SUV in 2016 and a midsize sedan in 2018) so I was expecting a minivan to be around $300ish. Boy was I wrong. I will keep checking. Everyone keep the faith!

I've also been checking out Turo to go along with the traditional rental car companies and minivans are hovering around the same price. Fingers crossed prices start to come down!

Hi everyone. I just booked a trip from April 25th to May 2nd. I cannot believe these rental car prices so far. There will be 6 of us so need a big SUV or minivan and seeing $450-550. I looked back at my last 2 trips to Orlando and only spent around $200 with Alamo (for a smaller SUV in 2016 and a midsize sedan in 2018) so I was expecting a minivan to be around $300ish. Boy was I wrong. I will keep checking. Everyone keep the faith!

I've also been checking out Turo to go along with the traditional rental car companies and minivans are hovering around the same price. Fingers crossed prices start to come down!
I'm seeing $370 total for a minivan with Dollar or Thrifty on your dates at https://carrentalsavers.com

We are flying into MCO on 4/15 @7:30pm and flying out of FLL on 4/24@5pm. Right now I have Budget thru Costco for Intermediate SUV for $355 and National Emerald Aisle for $351 (have not applied any national free days from our loyalty stash to this price yet - but I probably will if we go with it).

We are still debating the car for that time as it will spend 4 days parked at port of Miami while we cruise - but the rates to drive to MIA and drop it off on Monday are about $90 less. I think we would spend that in Uber fees on our Friday return and wouldn’t have a place to stash luggage...so we are leaning towards keeping the car and paying for parking at POM to have the convenience of going straight to the port from Disney, being able to leave some Disney clothes/jackets and running shoes in the car while we cruise, and being able to get to our day as soon as we debark on Friday..

Just checked Alamo and got our rental down to $354.42 for a Midsize (with the upgrade coupon)...everything is the same 4/26 to 5/7 Passholder discount 860292 and AU5592DJK upgrade coupon. Good luck everyone!

I have rented a car three times at MCO with EZ Car Rental. There rates have always been good and there are coupon codes on website to save ten percent. The discount is given to teachers or any one at a school, military, and others. Although I am a teacher NO one has ever asked for proof since coupon code was already used. Just make sure to save email reservation and confirmation number. They tried to tell me it was $200 more than it was last time and I had to show email.

Ugh, the prices are just not dropping!! Does anyone have any coupon codes for Alamo that are valid? They all seem to expire 3/31

See if any of these work for you! They all work for May, so they should. Good Luck...prices are crazy this year.

Alamo Contract ID
7014627 COSTCO WEB OFFERS
675899 COSTCO - WAIVE ADDITIONAL DRIVER
7014696 BJ’S WHOLESALE CLUB
7016136 AMERICAN EXPRESS
7014295 AMEX MY VACATION 08 EMAILS
7014291 AMEX
7016350 VISA
7015504 VISA
7000799 VISA SUMMER AND FALL OFFERS 2005
7013843 VISA FALL 07 ONLINE OFFER
7012032 MASTERCARD CONSUMER 2006
7014926 SAVE WITH ALAMO
7016220 VISIT ORLANDO
7015071 WYNDHAM REWARDS
860292 DISNEY PASSHOLDER
7016141 SOUTHWEST
7016594 SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES
306705 UNITED AIRLINES WEB OFFER 2004
7014667 QS SUNPROMO
7015360 EDVANTAGE
7014644 NEXT JUMP 08 WINTER PROMO
189183 AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
253173 AIR FORCE ASSOCIATION
372109 MTA BENEFITS
706768 ASSOCIATION DISCOUNT - SMALL GROUPS

Alamo Coupon Code
AU2291VYT 1 car upgrade
AU3Z64SDG BJ's1 free Upgrade

The only codes I've found so far are the free upgrade and the Anuual Pass discounts which still don't help that much.
And you're right, the prices are not dropping like previous years.

We gave up and decided to drive down in April/May. It was a 2 week trip: between rental car, airport parking and airfare that was coming in at $1200. So think we’re going to drive down, with a stop at Hilton head each way. And toying with throwing in a last minute cruise.....

Check those rates, April peeps. My dates were down today. I am currently holding 2: my SUV rental dropped from $342 to $312, plus I have a standard truck for $291. Both with Alamo, both through Costco with the free extra driver. Budget was a shade cheaper on the SUV, but for the additional $15, I'll stick with the peace of mind afforded to me by Alamo.

Checked my Alamo rate, found it a bit lower tonight for Midsize SUV, cars were down even more.

But.... When I entered the code for Costco I was taken to a page where I needed to input my Costco member number. I've had to do this before for other car agencies, but never before for Alamo.

Woohoo! Our rental went down as well!

Travel:
MCO 4/15 pickup
FLL 4/24 drop off

original booked 2/16 - Budget with Costco Intermediate SUV - $355

Today (2/29) - Alamo with Costco - intermediate SUV - $315

usually I am around $225-$250 for a week, so for the 10 days - this is feeling like it’s closer to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter