April Check-In **Official**

Looking forward to hear how you like the DLH. I just booked a 3 day stay with my parents for November. They don't know it yet but I splurged on Club Level - I think they'll enjoy that. I figured we could get away with 1 meal in the park if we have club level plus my parents will most likely want to rest mid day. I normally am a pick whatever is cheapest hotel along harbor but wanted to do one stay on-site.

I will definitely report back. I would think club level is a lot more bang for your buck for higher number of guests - with just my daughter and I, it would not have been worth it - we picked the standard room and went with that - and that is still expensive.

This will be our first time not staying in the Kids Suites at the HOJO as a family of four - so we will now be trying out the Disney view double queen rooms at the HOJO instead. I'm getting more excited every day. I'm glad I made this decision now so we can enjoy the anticipation!!

Hope you have a great trip this fall.

I will definitely report back. I would think club level is a lot more bang for your buck for higher number of guests - with just my daughter and I, it would not have been worth it - we picked the standard room and went with that - and that is still expensive.

This will be our first time not staying in the Kids Suites at the HOJO as a family of four - so we will now be trying out the Disney view double queen rooms at the HOJO instead. I'm getting more excited every day. I'm glad I made this decision now so we can enjoy the anticipation!!

Hope you have a great trip this fall.
I don't think I'm really going to get my full value out of Club Level. It's more about convenience for my parents to grab something to eat without having to deal with lines - they won't do mobile order. While I know how to mobile order I may not be with them the entire time.

Hi all, just joined the forum - my family and I (2 adults and 11 and 9 year old) are travelling from New Zealand and doing 3 weeks Hawaii/LA holiday. We will be at Disneyland 26-30 April! Can't wait - this holidays has been years in the planning (and saving!!) and will be a once in a lifetime trip. We are staying at Residence Inn convention centre.

I have been watching the forum and reading all your tips - so exciting!

I am just deciding between Hungry Bear and Blue Bayou for Fantasmic as 26th (Sunday) will be the only day it is on while we are there I want to make sure we see it and get good spot. Thinking probably HB option as my 11 year old probably won't want to eat off the adult menu at Blue Bayou but had read some not so great reviews about Hungry Bear.

Hi all, just joined the forum - my family and I (2 adults and 11 and 9 year old) are travelling from New Zealand and doing 3 weeks Hawaii/LA holiday. We will be at Disneyland 26-30 April! Can't wait - this holidays has been years in the planning (and saving!!) and will be a once in a lifetime trip. We are staying at Residence Inn convention centre.

I have been watching the forum and reading all your tips - so exciting!

I am just deciding between Hungry Bear and Blue Bayou for Fantasmic as 26th (Sunday) will be the only day it is on while we are there I want to make sure we see it and get good spot. Thinking probably HB option as my 11 year old probably won't want to eat off the adult menu at Blue Bayou but had read some not so great reviews about Hungry Bear.

Aren't there kid menus at Blue Bayou too? We don't have kids so I am not totally sure...

Hi all, just joined the forum...
Welcome to the DIS!
yes, but I figured as my son is 11 he will have to pay for adult?
First, your son will be able to order from the BB kids menu. Be prepared to pay the adult price. And your son should receive an adult portion. Just ask your server about this. As long as you make it clear that this is a matter of food preference, not trying to cheat the price, your server should be fine with it. Sometimes guests receive pixie dust by finding the kids price on the bill, but that is not to be expected.
Second, we've never had a problem with the food at HB. Our two preferred F! packages are BB and HB, in that order. I have a lot of allergies and sensitivities, and both BB and HB are very good about customizing my food to my needs. And HB will allow you to order off the regular menu as well as the package menu (you will pay the package price regardless of what you order).

So...if we get in line for DL one hour before park opening (8 am open I'm guessing - unless on Easter Sunday park opens even earlier?), what should I bring/have to keep the kids from burning out too quickly (I'll def bring their breakfast). They are going to be SO excited just to have to "wait." I haven't been reading when the turnstiles start opening. If we are "moving" then the kids will be OK. But our plan is to scan in and head directly to DCA which has the early opening hour (but we'll have to wait again there since we aren't eligible).

I got a notification from JetBlue that my flight time has been changed! So I will actually be getting to the park an hour earlier than planned! My flight is scheduled to land at 7:23 :) so I figure we should be checking into the DLH just after 8. I am hoping we can grab some breakfast in the lounge then head to the parks!

Yay! I added you to the first post. If anyone should get to try out ROTR boarding strategies, it’s you!
Thanks! Though...It would seem that in my excitement I booked the hotel for the wrong week. So no longer at Tropicana...Now at Camelot (one door down...another 50 feet to walk...waaahhhh...)

Anyone else try and book a Fantasmic dining reservation for Sunday April 26 today? I thought Fantasmic was always on the weekends, even when not shown during the week?

Anyone else try and book a Fantasmic dining reservation for Sunday April 26 today? I thought Fantasmic was always on the weekends, even when not shown during the week?
I'm seeing April 25th (Sat.) on the website. So F! is showing that weekend. It looks like Sunday, the 26th isn't up yet. Try again tonight or tomorrow.

This is from Tortilla Jo's menu:
Entrées
Served with choice of one side
Kid's Quesadilla
Monterey Jack cheese and choice of shredded beef or shredded chicken
Hot Dog
All beef frank
Burrito
Choice of shredded beef or shredded chicken, Monterey jack cheese and choice of refried or black beans
Crispy Tacos
Choice of shredded beef or shredded chicken, shredded lettuce and Monterey Jack cheese
Chicken Tenders
Ranch dipping sauce
Kid's Tostada Bowl
Mini crispy flour tortilla filled with choice of shredded beef of shredded chicken, refried beans, red rice, shredded lettuce, Monterey Jack cheese and tomato

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter