April Vacation Prices

MaryyHadALittleLab

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to Disney world from April 18th -25th. This is during school vacations for many states. Any tips for booking airfare? So far the prices have averaged at about $1000 from Boston to Orlando which seems like a lot. Any idea if these prices will dropped drastically.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello - I"m assuming you mean airfare prices - and if so, we have run into the same situation with our flights during April as well. There is a pretty good app called "hopper" - it lets you input your flight origination / destination cities and dates and will predict when the best prices will be available for your particular flights. It's been very useful for us in the past - you may want to give it a try! good luck!

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to Disney world from April 18th -25th. This is during school vacations for many states. Any tips for booking airfare? So far the prices have averaged at about $1000 from Boston to Orlando which seems like a lot. Any idea if these prices will dropped drastically.
Thank you!

My son is now a 22 year old college senior, but for YEARS we flew to FL either February or April school vacation weeks (from MA). I would typically bite the bullet, and book those flights the day they became available, because they rarely went on sale, or had price drops. February was always worse than April, but the same logic held.

At this point, with the fligts very expensive, and you've not yet booked, I'd get the Hopper App, enter the flights you're watching, and start tracking them to see if you can catch any price fluctuations.

Also, you may have luck playing with your dates, or looking into flying in and out Tampa instead of MCO.

Good Luck!

My son is now a 22 year old college senior, but for YEARS we flew to FL either February or April school vacation weeks (from MA). I would typically bite the bullet, and book those flights the day they became available, because they rarely went on sale, or had price drops. February was always worse than April, but the same logic held.

At this point, with the fligts very expensive, and you've not yet booked, I'd get the Hopper App, enter the flights you're watching, and start tracking them to see if you can catch any price fluctuations.

Good Luck!

Same - I always book for April vacation when the flights became available .... they only go up in price from there.
We have always gone away April vacation. Next year we are going away Feb vacation to California for Disneyland. I bought the tickets back in May...prices have just gone up since then.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

They will probably not drop. I've gone to Florida most April vacations....they have never dropped as it gets closer. The airlines know that is school vacation week and they know Florida is a popular vacation destination. They jack it up. Your best bet would be if you can go days that aren't the exact vacation Sat to Sat....leave on the Thur before, do Monday to Monday, etc - sometimes that can be cheaper. I buy my April vacation tickets the summer before bc I've learned the hard way.

Depending on where in Mass you are, consider flights from Bradley in CT or MHT in NH. Typically both states have April vacation the week after MA. Your best bet with MHT will probably be on Southwest. Bradley has more airlines/flights.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!
I'm from MA too and going the same week. Southwest releases their flights for April vacation on Wednesday- I suggest booking as soon as they are released. I believe this will be the cheapest option. Depending upon where you live- check Manchester, Boston (Boston has been showing 1 direct flight on Saturdays), Providence and Hartford I checked JetBlue's flight when they released back in July (we could have booked 4 tickets for around $1600 total- which is very good for that week but have SW vouchers that we need to use. ) I have never seen Feb or April vacation flights come down. Good luck!

we are planning to fly from Boston 4/21-28. we changed the date to avoid flying on Saturday. Using the Hopper app which predicts that flight prices should go down.

as others have said, if PVD or MHT are an option for you, check those out on Wednesday. There are very few non-stops from those cities on SW as compared to a few years ago, maybe due to MAX8 issues.

Jet Blue files out of Worcester too, but not many flights and the times were not good for us.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Is the price per person (which would be a lot to me) or individual (for 4 or 5 people, that's not bad)?

No one will know if the prices will drop, much less drastically. The best thing to do at this point is stalk airline prices. Use the Hopper App, use Google Flights, check yourself. Once/if you get an acceptable price, go ahead and book it and don't look again (unless booking SW).

ETA: As others have suggested, look at alternative airports & times. Taking a 6am flight from an airport that's 2 hours away may not be fun, but it might save you some money.

I fly out of Boston and TF Green regularly, and I'm ALREADY cringing that my husband's family wants to do a large group trip during April Vacation in 2021 (Three family members are teachers so we don't have a choice on dates). The prices NEVER go down for that week, only up. I second the PP that mentioned considering secondary airports like Manchester or Bradley, or even driving down to NJ and flying out of Newark might save you some $$. We are dreading it so much that we've already talked about driving to Disney to avoid the astronomical airfare :/

I got really lucky. I paid about $1,400 for 4 people roundtrip from Boston to Los Angeles. We're also leaving on a Wednesday and coming back on the Wednesday of vacation week.

I always book for April vacation when the flights became available .... they only go up in price from there.
We have always gone away April vacation. Next year we are going away Feb vacation to California for Disneyland. I bought the tickets back in May...prices have just gone up since then.

I agree. Popular travel destinations book up quickly (especially around holidays) and the best flight times and/or non-stop fights are the first to sellout. Waiting will result in either a higher price or less desirable travel times. The lowest fares class typically sell first, once they are gone, the fare jumps to the next higher level. Airlines have very little need to offer sales on routes that typically sellout.

We are going April school vacation. I changed our dates to Mondays instead of Saturdays which saved a lot! And only miss one day of school. We usually fly TF Green but Bradley was $600 cheaper so we went with Bradley. It's only half and hour more drive to get to Bradley than TF Green so didn't make that much of a difference. But I was stalking jet blue and the times were better at Bradley too. The price did go up since I've been stalking $30 each so I bit the bullet and booked them since I was worried they would go up more in price. Being April vacation the airlines know it and charge more on purpose which is awful!!!

I wouldn't count on anything from Manchester for vacation week. Maine shares the same vacation week as Mass and flights from Manchester to Orlando have been very expensive during school break weeks. The rates have only been getting higher from Manchester and hardly any choices for nonstops now. Providence seems to have more nonstops than NH.

ARG. Ct vacation week is 10-18,and the prices are HIGH. out of Bradley. I hate spring break pricing. And not likely to drop either.

So Southwest released the rest of the Spring dates this morning. Terrible from New England. I had $340 /person roundtrip flights with many stops and terrible times ready to go and about to make payment when the price of one leg actually went up while I was trying to book it. It was actually cheaper to book a night at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport and fly out the next morning.

So Southwest released the rest of the Spring dates this morning. Terrible from New England. I had $340 /person roundtrip flights with many stops and terrible times ready to go and about to make payment when the price of one leg actually went up while I was trying to book it. It was actually cheaper to book a night at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport and fly out the next morning.
Yes, I just paid $627 r/t each. 2 stops on the flight down. That hurt.

it was painful for some in our group who had to pay $800 for the return trip (!!!) for two tickets. to NE. But at least it was a decent time and direct. It's crazy when you think of how cheap it is to fly to Europe,as long as it isn't spring break dates!:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter