April Vacation Prices

I see its $615 on your dates on Southwest per person right now.

I think you missed some of the cheaper prices though already per the person who posted about when rates dropped. So glad fly out of the airport I do as its drastically less expensive.

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to Disney world from April 18th -25th. This is during school vacations for many states. Any tips for booking airfare? So far the prices have averaged at about $1000 from Boston to Orlando which seems like a lot. Any idea if these prices will dropped drastically.
Thank you!
Did you have any luck booking with Southwest today?

SO glad reading this thread that NH is the oddball in New England for vacation week, and that I was about to book within about 15 minutes of flights opening for booking. I had booked (upon opening) our flight home on JetBlue a few weeks ago, but was waiting on Southwest for the flight down, because a) we have points and b) we really prefer MHT. I got my husband's flight down on points, and mine was $209 for the one way. Considering it is a nonstop on Sunday morning, and I spent a whopping $11 on our flights home (points for the win), I'm very happy with that. At the time that I booked, roundtrips really weren't that bad, but the flight prices absolutely shot up fast.

Now if I could just find a rental car for a decent price for the one night we need it, we would be in business...

Just booked our flights out of Boston. Non stop on Delta $436 ea RT. Main cabin and we have seats. I can live with that, Boston is just so much more convenient for us.

Hah, I just looked out of curiosity. Sunday to Sunday for a typical Mass. April vacation week all out of Boston:

Lowest Delta price $701/person RT with 1 AM arrival at MCO. Weekend to weekend for a typical April school vacation schedule.

Lowest JetBlue price $631/person RT with return to Boston at 6:30AM the next day.

Lowest Southwest price $803/person RT.

Maybe I will update this sample weekly or so just to use as historic information for others in the future.

Hah, I just looked out of curiosity. Sunday to Sunday for a typical Mass. April vacation week all out of Boston:

Lowest Delta price $701/person RT with 1 AM arrival at MCO. Weekend to weekend for a typical April school vacation schedule.

Lowest JetBlue price $631/person RT with return to Boston at 6:30AM the next day.

Maybe I will update this sample weekly or so just to use as historic information for others in the future.
I think this is the most expensive week to get the MCO personally. I fly around christmas season frequently and never see prices like this.

we are traveling Tuesday-Tuesday,made a huge difference in the fare.
Also signed up for the Delta Skymiles credit card and got a statement credit, plus 1 free checked bag for each of us as my family is on the same reservation with me.

flight arrives in MCO at 1:55PM.

Also signed up for the Delta Skymiles credit card and got a statement credit, plus 1 free checked bag for each of us as my family is on the same reservation with me.

flight arrives in MCO at 1:55PM.
oh don't get me wrong,I'm using points to fly but it's a crazy high amount of points.....wish it was an option for our group to fly on a Tuesday....

That is definitely the way to schedule it if you can. I have done that in the past for almost all trips to WDW. So when I needed to schedule Sunday to Sunday this year, it was quite a shock.

That is definitely the way to schedule it if you can. I have done that in the past for almost all trips to WDW. So when I needed to schedule Sunday to Sunday this year, it was quite a shock.
between the cost of airfare and what Disney charges, this might be our last family trip for a long time. prices have reached the point that I am not sure we are willing to pay them anymore.
Thinking about an NCL cruise to Bermuda from Boston instead.

Prices for my trip went up $60 pp = $300 for 5 of us. Glad I booked last night. Don't know why I keep checking, no WDW planning left except for FP+ and that is 3 months away

The only way to not pay these ridiculous prices is to book on release day (and on release day- I mean within moments of schedules being released particularly Southwest; I find JetBlue has a bit more time before the price jumps). It is insane how fast prices jump. We regularly fly out of the New England area to MCO for school vacation weeks and always get great fares by booking when schedules are released.

Like others mentioned, be sure to shop around the other airports in the region. We're in central CT and our spring break is April 13-17 for 2020. SWA was outrageous out of BDL for our dates. We've flown out of PVD in the past for savings, but that was up there as well. I did find good fares/points out of MHT, so that's what we're doing for this year.

Like others mentioned, be sure to shop around the other airports in the region. We're in central CT and our spring break is April 13-17 for 2020. SWA was outrageous out of BDL for our dates. We've flown out of PVD in the past for savings, but that was up there as well. I did find good fares/points out of MHT, so that's what we're doing for this year.
we are west of Boston. feel pretty lucky that there are 4 airports within a reasonable drive. I know some parts of the country are not so fortunate.

we are west of Boston. feel pretty lucky that there are 4 airports within a reasonable drive. I know some parts of the country are not so fortunate.
Totally true. Our "far away but worth the drive to save a few bucks" distance is the same as some people's drives to their home airports!

Funny, I checked on Tuesday because they say that is the best day to check and all of my sample flights were the same price. But when I checked my Southwest flight this morning I noticed that they either added a new flight or opened WGA fares for a nonstop to Orlando for about the same fare that I had previously booked a long flight with 2 stops. So for about $5 total more I changed to the non-stop. Love the no change fees.

Now if I could just find a rental car for a decent price for the one night we need it, we would be in business...

Have you tried carrentalsavers.com? They have all kinds of discounts available (AAA, Sam's, Bus, Costco, senior, USAA, teacher, etc). It's usually where I find the best prices.

Just to update, I have checked these flights from time to time (Mass. April vacation) and they have not really budged. Still 100 days out. I will update again as the dates get closer. For those not familiar, I am doing this as a historical exercise for my future self when I need to book airfare for April WDW trips. So far the best prices were right when Southwest released these dates.

Just to update, I have checked these flights from time to time (Mass. April vacation) and they have not really budged. Still 100 days out. I will update again as the dates get closer. For those not familiar, I am doing this as a historical exercise for my future self when I need to book airfare for April WDW trips. So far the best prices were right when Southwest released these dates.

Agreed. I'm tracking the same for next year (my in laws want to do a big family vacation to Disney but 3 of the siblings are teachers, so we're held to April vacation for their time off). I am watching the fares out of Boston, Providence, Hartford and Manchester, and also NJ since I have relatives we could stay with down there and fly out of Newark or NYC. Things seem to be holding pretty steady overall and the cheapest fares were the day they were released on the discount airlines. It's crazy but at least we know what we're up against.

In my experience tracking them, I never saw them go down for April vacation week. When we went in 2018, Southwest was super expensive out of Providence, Bradley, and Boston even looking right when they were released. We ended up flying out of Newark for a Saturday-Sunday trip (I originally booked a Tuesday-Tuesday trip out of Providence before deciding not to miss school). Jetblue and other carriers were even more.

We're going for February vacation this year, and I found the prices much better than April booking right when they were released - we paid $315/person roundtrip out of Providence. They've never dropped and they got high fast (they've been averaging $900-1,000/person, and my friends going with us missed the exact release time and paid at least $100 more per person a few hours later).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter