APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

Sorry about the flu, lovesmurfs. :sick:

Something that motivates me are those little black lines on my scale. I love it when I pass them by. For a while I was passing them by in the wrong direction! But that's been changed and I'm back where I was a month ago, which is fine with me.

I've been eating way too much junk food today. Darn those Easter baskets!! I did buy mostly candy I don't like, but still too much of the yummy stuff. Costco bag of Ghiradelly bunnies/eggs I am talking to you!! I think it is time for it to go in the freezer. The stuff I don't like I'll take to work. They'll eat anything.

When DS1 was home for the weekend I had him clear out his dresser. Now I have a giant pile of t-shirts on the floor. We also found a box of school papers at the bottom of his closet. Time to throw that in recycling and sort those t-shirts for donation/rags. I need to find a small container for the few things I said he could keep here. I'm going to re-purpose that room and I can't wait to get it all sorted!

I had great deficit on 1st and not so good on 2nd. I was annoyed little that I didn't meet my daily goal but I was active, walked, did yoga, cxworks abs workouts in the morning and guess what - I am whopping 1.2 kg less on the scale. That includes the muffins I baked - banana and raisin. I end up having 3, but 3x120 calories is way less than 3 x 350 if they were store bought!

Obviously I know a lot of this is water weight but it's motivator anyway. It's going to be a good month. @lovesmurfs don't worry about being late with the questions at all. Some of us are different time zone + we are pretty chilled about it! Looking forward for today's topic

Hello everyone! It is already the thrid and I am finally getting around to introducing myself!

I am Magdalene, 46, I live in Germany. I am German, but married to an American - who is still living partly in Florida, currently he is there, so I am on my own. We have no kids nor pets (even though my husband desperately wants a puppy, we just don't know how that could work with us travelling so much between the two continents).

I have struggled with weight for most of my life. My first diet was in third grade as I was a fat kid - something very unusual in the 70s. I managed to get a grip on my weight in my early 20s and since then have been bouncing back and forth between normal weight and slightly overweight. Currently I am moving far too much in the wrong direction for my liking! This fall and winter has been horrible weight wise for many reasons (work, personal stress, both good and bad, weather) and spring is starting here and I am determined to turn this trend around. I am currently even afraid to just step on a scale. So, my goal for the month is to actually be able to face the scale by the end of the month. I have sworn myself that I will monitor the way my clothey fit (not very good at the moment!) and when I can feel that things start fitting again, I will go back to the scale. It's a new approach for me.

I am tracking steps with my fitbit and track food on the fitbit app. And try to maintain a 500 kcal deficit. That's the basic plan. I have also recently started to try out intermittent fasting. Mainly as a tool to help me with staying within my calorie target range. I try not to eat between 8pm and 12 noon. We usually have lunch at work at noon and I have moved my breakfast calories into the afternoon for a substantial snack, then dinner at 7pm. This seems to work well on work days. Not so good on weekends... I will keep experimenting with it as I basically like this system.

@Oneanne You were writing so much about decluttering that you inspired me to clean out my kitchen over the weekend. I put everything that I haven't used since I moved in 4.5 years ago and put in a box for the charity shop. Some things were really nice and hard to part with, but what's the point? I also rearranged quite a lot of things, so that they are better accessible. It felt great! And I am very happy with the result!

@4Mickeys So great to see you back!!

Motivation Monday:

I have posted this in the past, but I think I need to visualize this for myself again:

kris-comfort-zone-postcard-side1-1.jpg

It's time for me to get out of my comfort zone!!

@lovesmurfs Hope you feel better soon! Let us know if you need someone to take over questions for you if you are too sick to post! Otherwise, I agree with @HappyGrape that it does not matter if the question is up a bit later.

Right now the motivation is coming from 2 places. I need to lose wait for the cruise and I just want to feel comfortable.

Mini Checkin -- I have not hit 10,000 steps yet, I have not tracked my food yet, but I did do my 5 minute app workout. Now that the craziness of Easter is over I plan to hit all three goals. Though I did forget to wear my fitbit today. I left it on the charger :sad2:. I am pretty sure that soccer practice will be canceled today. It has been pouring all morning and we are supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon. But Hey it will be in the 60's. So I am sure I will have time to get to the rec tonight and I will just have to guess on my steps.

Good afternoon. My apologies for being late to post today. I was sick after church yesterday and slept until 1:45 p.m. today, just in time to get to the doctor's appointment. And it turns out I have the flu, in spite of my shot.

So....It's Motivation Monday! Post something about what motivates you. This can be a picture, meme, quote, or something personal.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

@Oneanne You were writing so much about decluttering that you inspired me to clean out my kitchen over the weekend. I put everything that I haven't used since I moved in 4.5 years ago and put in a box for the charity shop. Some things were really nice and hard to part with, but what's the point? I also rearranged quite a lot of things, so that they are better accessible. It felt great! And I am very happy with the result!

@4Mickeys So great to see you back!!
Woohoo! When I cleaned out my kitchen I found a fancy muffin/mini-cake pan that made flower shapes. It was expensive and high quality - I'd used it once and forgotten about it, but it was one of the hardest things to give up! I'm at the stage where I need to do my second go-thru, but have been dragging my feet, even though I know it's the best thing.

1615579_1.jpg

This quote changed how I viewed my whole weight loss journey. Before I was trying to get "everything right"... and failing miserably at it. Once I decided to just be better today than I was yesterday in whatever teeny tiny way it was, things changed for me.

This week is a week I need to be reminded of this saying though. Since my eating hasn't been great, I am trying to be perfect with my eating and get to goal. I want to motivate myself but not stress myself into giving up. I just need to be better this week than last week.

The scale was incredibly rude today! Up a whole pound! What?! I know it's Easter alcohol... and the Easter cupcakes.... and other indulgences from the past week surfacing... Oh well, I was on plan yesterday and I am on plan today! I just have to trust that making a little progress this week will lead to a loss by Saturday.

Tuesday oh Tuesday... what kind of fabulousness do you have in store for us?

I remembered what I did on Saturday, and why I forgot, or tried to forget. I spent most of the day at the hair salon getting the color lightened again and then cut. I don't know what product line that salon uses but for the second time my hair turned to straw... and she didn't even get it light enough, so it wasn't like the bleach was on too long. It was totally un-style-able, just this clump of awfulness, so I went to the hip-and-trendy "barber shop" and told the gal to just cut it off. And she did. I'm feeling pretty naked and exposed, but also kind of reborn. It's so short now that about 1/2 is my natural color and 1/2 isn't, but it's blended as much as possible. I'm trying to go natural for a while... I'd like to not be spending the money on hair color but really struggle with being au-naturel, so we'll see how that goes.

I was pretty stressed about it all and had ice cream for dinner last night. Dang it. The first time in over a week that my caloric intake was too high. I did get my steps in and drank my green smoothie, so there's that.

And today is another day!

upload_2018-4-3_8-13-45.png

Good morning. Still feeling awful -- my fever topped out at 104.1 last night. I've started alternating ibuprofen and tylenol, and it seems to have helped some. I'm certainly not over-eating, though! Lost 4 pounds in 3 days.

I'll get the members added to the first post with goals once my brain doesn't feel like mush.

So -- TOPIC TUESDAY!! What are warning signs for you that maybe you're going off plan or "going off the wagon?" Has journaling stopped? Skipping those workouts? Most importantly, how do you pull yourself back on track?

Hi All! I'm in for this month too! Though, joining a little late to the partyparty:

My name is Heather and I am 42 yrs old. I had bariatric surgery in August of 2016 and have noticed myself putting on a few pounds over the last 6 months:mad: I CANNOT/WILL NOT let myself get back to my old weight, hence the reason for my joining y'all! Let's see...what else... I am a mother of 2 daughters, Alex/19 & Savannah/14. I have a pit mix and a great dane puppy/horse!:dogdance: I am married to basically my high school sweetheart and we will have been married for 19 years this coming October. We honeymooned at Disney...where else:daisy: I have only been to WDW a total of 7 times and we are planning our next trip for May 2019.pixiedust:

My goals for this month are:
Daily walk:crutches:

Only eat one sweet treat per week instead of daily:mickeybar

No Snacking after 7PM:crazy:

Track daily calories again:badpc:

TOPIC TUESDAY: I have noticed myself getting completely off track recently. I have stopped all exersize and stopped watching what I eat. I need to just pull myself together and start with the basics to restart myself.

TOPIC TUESDAY:

What are my warning signs? That's a good question... I've been numbing myself so long with food/sugar that the warning signs don't register and I don't realize I'm going off until I am off the rails. Like last night with the ice cream, I guess I knew there was going to be a problem because I had to go the grocery store, which has been my downfall lately. Somehow the ice cream made its way in to my basket and at home I had eaten the entire thing before I realized fully what I was doing.

If I can identify the triggers and warning signs better, I'll be able to adjust sooner. The life/eating coach I've been following is putting together a "low cost" live on-line class that hits the high lights of her full program. I like her approach and the things she talks about, so I'm planning on doing it... right now she's thinking early May. I think I'll learn some good things from her, including identifying warning signs... or eliminating the trigger all together.

Hi All! I'm in for this month too! Though, joining a little late to the partyparty:

My name is Heather and I am 42 yrs old. I had bariatric surgery in August of 2016 and have noticed myself putting on a few pounds over the last 6 months:mad: I CANNOT/WILL NOT let myself get back to my old weight, hence the reason for my joining y'all! Let's see...what else... I am a mother of 2 daughters, Alex/19 & Savannah/14. I have a pit mix and a great dane puppy/horse!:dogdance: I am married to basically my high school sweetheart and we will have been married for 19 years this coming October. We honeymooned at Disney...where else:daisy: I have only been to WDW a total of 7 times and we are planning our next trip for May 2019.pixiedust:

My goals for this month are:
Daily walk:crutches:

Only eat one sweet treat per week instead of daily:mickeybar

No Snacking after 7PM:crazy:

Track daily calories again:badpc:

TOPIC TUESDAY: I have noticed myself getting completely off track recently. I have stopped all exersize and stopped watching what I eat. I need to just pull myself together and start with the basics to restart myself.
Welcome!

At the minute my motivation comes from my wanting to live an active enough life to enjoy playing with my youngest (11yrs) and my new little grandson (4weeks) who I’ll be looking after when his mum returns to work :)
I know I’m going off the rails when I stop tracking what I eat and also when I start munching just before I go to bed:confused3 ( what’s that all about??).
I get back in track by reading my ww books and starting over. Love the ideas/quotes put forward by everyone :goodvibes

I know I'm heading south when I claim I need to sleep and don't hit the gym at o'dark thirty! Like I almost did today! I REALLY didn't want to get out of bed. I was a minute late to class, but I made it! I find I feel better afterwards. It's so much better to just get up and go than to feel guilty for not going. Guilt is a killer! Just gotta move on. I liked the quote about perfect vs. progress. Progress is very much my attitude now that I'm old! :rotfl:

So -- TOPIC TUESDAY!! What are warning signs for you that maybe you're going off plan or "going off the wagon?" Has journaling stopped? Skipping those workouts? Most importantly, how do you pull yourself back on track?

Feel better soon!
I try to be honest and track even when I go over my calories. I estimate but still add a number. I had few counting breaks last year and ironically I aslo avoided the scale. so this should be my warning sign, when I try to avoid seeing bad habbits creeping up I am not bothered checking my weight or adding up my numbers. To do both take less than 5 minutes a day in total and even if I do only one or the other I would be able to adjust the course

how do I get back on track - I remind myself healthy food can be fun, I remind myself that I have long term vision, I remind myself that my life is better when I feel good about myself.

I'm feeling pretty naked and exposed, but also kind of reborn. It's so short now that about 1/2 is my natural color and 1/2 isn't, but it's blended as much as possible. I'm trying to go natural for a while... I'd like to not be spending the money on hair color but really struggle with being au-naturel, so we'll see how that goes.

I think this sounds fabulous! Just embrace the new you and use it as a starting point. Like cleaning out your hairstyle from unneccessary clutter. :goodvibes

Good morning. Still feeling awful -- my fever topped out at 104.1 last night. I've started alternating ibuprofen and tylenol, and it seems to have helped some. I'm certainly not over-eating, though! Lost 4 pounds in 3 days.

That sounds horrible! I hope you feel better soon!

:welcome: Heather!!

I am really not sure what my warning sign is? I guess when I have stress. Maybe my warning sign is that I stop flossing. Stupid, but that is one thing that when I feel really stressed out I stop doing because I feel like I lack the time for it. Which is ridiculous. But I think when I reach that level of stress, my good habits all go out of the window. Not sure what to do against it. I guess I really need to figure out how to cope better with stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts