APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

WhooHoo - I bought gorgeous dress for my summer trip and my summer size fits me perfectly!
:)

It's this one

My woohoo for today is I worked out last night, tracked my food and though the fitbit does not say it I got over 10,000 in. I also did my ab workout last night. DD did it with me. I forgot my fitbit at home yesterday and still logged over 7,000 on my fit bit and I normally have between 5,000-6,000 steps from work. Yeah for hitting my goal. now to get rid of all the junk food from Easter so i don't eat it. I brought some of it to work today so my co-workers can eat it.

Tuesday QOTD: I know I am getting off track when I start getting lazy with my planning and making excuses for myself. Now, I can't say I'm very good at pulling myself out of that, but I do know that's my pattern. I tend to get into that pattern when I am trying to incorporate fun foods into plan. I struggle to make it a one and done thing. I have been testing myself recently trying to find some balance though. Funny enough, I am seeing this as my biggest obstacle so far in my journey. I got to where I was because I couldn't balance, so I HAVE to learn this to go forward and maintain my new weight. Balance, balance, balance.... I need to write this in big letters on my vision board Haha!

Woohoo Wednesday! Not much crazy woohooing going on over here. But I reorganized my closet this weekend and got rid of another big bag of stuff. It feels so good going in there every morning and having things all organized!

Woohoo... going to have to dig deep this morning.

This week I've been struggling with sugar and feeling it both in my body (getting stiff and sore again) and in my mood (not only does the sugar alter my mood, but I'm mad at myself for eating it). Grrrr.... but I did get enough steps in that I'm actually still low in calories for the day, I just didn't get any nutrition for those calories at all. And I barely drank my green smoothie for the day right before bedtime, but at least I got most of it. I need to drink them when I first get home, so that I for sure do it and also it'll help to fill my belly and determine what else I'm going to have for dinner.

I'm still sleeping very soundly, like a log soundly. I've been going to bed earlier to make sure I get 7 1/2 to 8 hours in and it's making a difference.

This morning was filled with kitty love... I woke up with Mike curled up in bed with me, laying against my arm, and while I was getting ready Whitehall gave me a "drive by" hug where she brushed up against me as she walked by, which is something she hasn't done before so I was sure to thank her.

Happy Wednesday all.

Wahoo hmmmm. Not a lot of me stuff to wahoo about. Things are pretty dull and routine around here. Wahoo my in-laws move in date to assisted living got moved up. The entire family is wahooing about that! Wahoo DS2 seems to be doing well; he's enrolled in some classes here at the local community college that will transfer to his New York college. He's not going back there until January so I'm not sure why he decided to take every single class this one term, but whatever. As long as he can handle it I'm okay with it.

I'm in a bit of a brain fog from all the Dove peanut butter eggs I just ate! I've entered it in MFP so it is what it is. Moving forward. I think I'll chug a bunch of water to see if that helps!

@HappyGrape: the dress is gorgeous. What fun to wear nice fitting clothes.

Check in -- I got my 10,000 steps yesterday,though it was not easy. I wasn't able to the rec so I did some walking/pacing at DD's riding lesson and then dragged myself off the couch to finish. I also tracked my food (even to 5 tagalongs I ate) and did my ab workout. DH told me that I have inspired him to get up in the morning and workout. He set his alarm and was up at 5 to workout today. This felt really good hear.

Good morning. I'm about 16 hours fever-free and back at work, with the z-pak nearly gone and three more days left on the tamiflu. Woke up bathed in sweat again, but I'm actually wondering if it's a peri-menopause thing versus my illness. Ugh. Took all of my energy to get here (I have a 2-hour commute using mass transit), but I'm here.

Thanks for Woo-Hooing in my absence from the keyboard yesterday. I do promise each day will be better! So....

Topic Thursday!!

How have your family and friends (in real life) impacted your weight loss goals, either positively or negatively?

Topic Thursday!!

How have your family and friends (in real life) impacted your weight loss goals, either positively or negatively?

DH can be a big help in either direction. If we are both on it is good but if we are both off it goes badly. So lately it has just been me and it has been hard. He is not hurting me in anyway just not helping either. He did tell me that I inspired him last night to get working again. He even packed me a salad this morning since he knows mornings are bad for me and i forgot to do it last night.

I do have a friend that will walk with me in the summer as long as our schedules workout. He husband is a cop so he is not always home in the evening to watch their kids.

I can say my sister has an impact on me too. We don't have the greatest relationship though I have tried too. She is just not pleasant to be around. She is round 200 pounds and when she was losing weight I had to too because she was not going to be smaller then me. I know a very unhealthy way to look at it. But that was the time I lost the most.

oh boy, where do I start! lol - that's a big question

On one side I get motivation as I don't want to end up obese like my father or his father or my aunt. it's just too big question to answer I don't know where to start!

I am so hungry all day today :(. It's only 5:30 and I already had 2000 calories. I decided I am not going over that today

I can't say that either impact my goals on a day-to-day basis, I have to take full responsibility for that. I really do need to find a weight loss buddy, to go walking/hiking with and work on goals with. Now with my family of origin, that's a different story. Having grown up in an alcoholic household, I know I started eating to sooth/numb emotions, plus carrying the extra weight around started as a form of protection. I hope to some day set that all aside, but every time I think I've stepped out of it, it shows up again.

A quiet start to the morning, but there's a storm a brewin'. This afternoon there's a meeting with another tech team for a shared project we're working on, and I know the gist of the meeting is going to be them saying "we can't do this, so you have to", because basically we've been solving their problems for 5 + years. So not looking forward to it... it's the kind of stress that makes me want to chew on something.

My SIS is coming in to town today, to finally close on the house, so I know she's going to want to go out to est tonight, which means I need to remember to have a light lunch. I actually had fast food last night, for the first time in a month, and ended up being slightly over even thought I did 12,000 steps. So I need to be more careful today.

Last edited:
I think my family does not impact my weight anymore, but it did in the past. With unwelcome comments, with treating me with food all the time, with having poor habits. But I am over it, they did what they know to do. If they knew better...

I end up at 2340 calories before I felt satistied today. Sounds a lot, but I also noticed I have exact same calorie burn and 18:30. Meaning - I will be in deficit today. I need to chill about hungry days - some days are also have high burn. 19 000 steps & gym workout.

Also I did not sleep well. Bad night sleep really impacts my hunger

My husband has really been a positive influence (okay, for the most part). He always told me how much better it was when I was doing Weight Watchers (my previous program of choice), because I'd cook healthy meals and he'd lose weight. He enjoys his ice cream and whisky while watching TV in the evenings, though, and when I join in, it can derail a perfectly on-plan day.

My mom has always wanted me to lose weight, probably before I really needed to. I've always been "big-boned," according to her. This time weight loss has been different, and it's been really great to see how positive she's been about my progress.

Actually, in writing this, I just realized I'm now only 15 pounds heavier than my husband -- it's been a reeeeeally long time since that happened.

My coworkers have been incredibly supportive as well. I never said anything about dieting or fitness, but lose 75 pounds and people start to notice and talk.

I can't think of anyone in my adult life who hasn't been supportive of my weight loss journey. The only ones I can remember were at girl scout camp who made up songs about "Big Fat Cheryl from New Jersey." I can even remember the tune. Sigh.

people tend to project their own insecurities, don't they @lovesmurfs? Knowing that helps a little but still hurts. I was very slim and my dad kept comment on how I gained weight after relocating to different country and I was really upset over it. In fact he was the one being over weight. He also often said i have his appetite (perhaps I do?) and look like him and his sister and both were obese by 30. I guess I felt that this is given for me, I didn't give myself a chance to see that I have options. Believing myself that I can truly change my beliefs about that has been hard and I still often wonder. I am 40, never been overweight and I still doubt myself so often.

Last edited:
Topic Thursday!!

My family affect me both ways. They can be really supportive and complimentary but then they can also say “ let’s go out for dinner and wine “. I’m slowly but surely learning to plan ahead so that dinner and wine doesn’t derail me as it’s something we all enjoy doing together occasionally. I’m also getting better at making wiser choices and saying no occasionally :thumbsup2

My goal this month is to survive the rest of winter (this had better be the last month because I am done and over it. If anyone wishes to start a go fund me or a you caring to raise funds to send me some place warm please go ahead I won't mind one bit) oh and to hit the pool at least 3 times this month.
I had another fun time driving home tonight late between icy roads and snow that even once I got past the 25 mph road construction zone mile I never went back up to the 60 mph posted speed for the last 1.5 miles home and crawled along at 25 so I could see with my dims as when I turned on the brights the snow was distorting the light so much it was impossible to see. Thankfully the person behind me hung back, didn't sit there and flash brights at me and then speed up when I pulled in the yard. The girls and I tried Rio Sabana's which is a chain out of Texas (I believe the San Antonio area but not sure) service was nice, I had grilled shrimp and chicken fajitas, 13 year old had chicken fajitas, and 10 year old had the kids macaroni and cheese meal. Food was ok but wasn't the best and it was loud even with sitting on the far side of the dining room side we could hear the bar/lounge side and it was a bit cluttered with the decorating. 10 year old got a cut cardboard car that her meal came in and she had to bring it home to show daddy. Right now I am waiting for my husband to get off work and get home with these roads making me a bit nervous so I really won't sleep until he gets home so wanted to take a couple minutes to stop in and say hello. This is going to be a busy month with all we have going on especially with 4-H activities between project meetings, monthly club business meeting, and some special events. Tomorrow we have to turn paper work in so it is make sure 13 year old is up by 9 or so in order to get that done and printed since she decided to crash out on me tonight and I need her help to finish it up and it is due in the office no later than 5 tomorrow and I want to get the few stops we need to do besides there done and be home by 3-3:30 or a little after. Not much to do stop by the bank to cash a check to get some cash, go to the credit union and pay the credit card bill that is due on Monday, stop by the grocery store and pick up a few items (making the husband do Walmart for the phone cards for him and 13 year old), go back to Sears and get the microwave I picked out tonight but wanted to talk with the husband about (did when he called on his meal break for a few seconds using the words I like it it's 900 watts for $60 regularly $80 I will try to text you pictures when we get inside JCPenny's to do the comparision sheet and pick up the jammies 10 year old wanted-didn't get website lied that the cute Yellow Minnie Mouse shorts jammies that was in stock at my local store was not. 10 year old kept pointing at them and indicating she wanted them and I had to disappoint her and not get them for her ready to wear outfit-her favorite character and her favorite color plus to top it off the sales assosciate at the register near the children's area was outright rude about it. I realize we were there 30 minutes before closing but we checked out of our sears store 15 minutes before they closed and they were as nice as could be and even were apologetic about the fact that a dress 13 year old had picked out that their website said was in our store was not and we will let them know to please have things accurate on there and helped her find another dress to finish her comparision sheet with-which I got but to be honest if I had seen it I might not have it's not bad but I am calling a friend to help me or her get it hemmed as right now it is a bit long on her, but she needs clothes and it will work for this summer (if we ever get ride of the snow that is)

Check-in for the week...

As already mentioned, this week has been a sugary struggle. It all kind of came to a head yesterday, which I'm just considering a throw away day... over, done with, moving on.

But I am on track with my 100 miles goal and with at least 5 days each week of balanced eating (veggies, fruits, protein). I didn't weight myself this morning, but I know by how I feel that I haven't lost anything.

All my fuss and bother about the project meeting yesterday turned out to be for naught. We basically sat in the room and listened to the other team argue about which solution they could/should do and they ended up picking the one that was best for us. That's the good news... on the flip side we have about 6 months of work to complete in 2.

This morning I got an email from the Alaska Retreat folks about getting ready for the classes. As practice, they suggested doing a knit-along that just started, for a fairly simple lace scarf. I've only done lace once and need the experience, so I signed up. I'll shop my yarn stash tonight, to see if I've got anything that will be right for the project, but if not there will be a trip out to my favorite yarn store tomorrow... something I wasn't thinking of doing any time soon. Kind of feels like a surprise treat. Part of the knit along is daily walks with specific topics in mind, so that'll help with my 100 mile goal. Plus the gal leading the knit-along will be at the retreat, so it'll be great to meet her - and wear her design!

Happy weekend all!

Good morning, good morning (or for those going to bed, hope you had a great day)!!

Thought I was on the mend, and then logged another 102.3 fever last night. Grr... But I'm here and I'm working.

It's nearly the weekend!
giphy.gif

We've designated Fridays as "Web Weekend!" Share something of interest that you've found on the Internet. Can be food, exercise, Disney, or something you want to share. Healthy recipes are ALWAYS welcome!

Enjoy your Friday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter