APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

lovesmurfs

DIS Veteran
It's almost the new month, so I thought I'd get everyone thinking about their weight loss/health goals for April! I'm Cheryl, and I'll be your cruise director this month.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself and what your goal is for the month. Each weekend we will report our progress toward our goals and I will update this post to include your name and goal / progress.

We're changing it up a bit this month and I'll do reminders for you daily.

Motivation Monday
Topic Tuesday
Woo Hoo Wednesday
Topic Thursday
Web Weekend

Best wishes for a great end to March and awesome start to April!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Participants and Goals

• Oneanne (Lizanne): Lose 5 lbs; walk 100 miles; eat RDA of fruit, veg, & protein 5 days/wk
  • Luvpoohandcompany: Lose 1 lb/week; 10,000 steps 5 days/week
  • Piglet1979 (Stephanie): Track food; 10,000 steps; 5 min app workout; survive
  • Happygrape (Nia): Count calories; 650 calorie deficit/day
  • Glss1/2fll (Linda): Log all food; 6,000 steps
  • Flossbolna (Magdalene): Track steps, 500 kcal deficit/day; no eating between 8 p.m. and noon
  • Coffeecassie (Cassie): To week 4 of C25K; lose 1 lb/week
  • 4mickeys (Sam): Walk daily, swim laps; add drinking more water to weekends
  • Ladymarie (Patricia): Get to goal! (3.2 lbs); plan food/stay on plan; OrangeTheory 3x week; yoga 1-2x week
  • Heatherhy01 (Heather): Walk daily; 1 treat/week; no snacking after 7 p.m.; track calories daily
  • Mumketeer: Summer clothes fit better
  • Lovesmurfs (Cheryl): Lose 10 pounds

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Lizanne.

I live in Seattle, in the great grey PNW. I've made over 40 trips to WDW and two to DLR... you would think being from the west coast that number would be reversed but I started going to WDW when I lived in Washington DC and continued when I moved to Chicago. Being back in Seattle for the last 20 years its a long haul from the upper left corner of the country to the lower right, but it's my home away from home.

I've struggled with my weight all my life, but now that I'm in my 60's quality of life has new/different meaning and I want to still be around for a long time, so that means taking better care of myself.

My goals for April will be:

Lose 5 pounds
Walk 100 miles
Eat the recommended servings of fruits, veggies and protein at least 5 days a week.

Also, I'll post the discussion topics on Thursday if you want me to @lovesmurfs .

Last edited:

I'd like to join in if that's ok :)
I'm in need of some serious motivation. I had been doing well with weight watchers but for the last 6 months I've lost momentum and need to kickstart things again!
I'd like to lose 1 lb each week and aim to increase my step count to 10,000 on at least 5 days a week.

I'd like to join in if that's ok :)
I'm in need of some serious motivation. I had been doing well with weight watchers but for the last 6 months I've lost momentum and need to kickstart things again!
I'd like to lose 1 lb each week and aim to increase my step count to 10,000 on at least 5 days a week.
Welcome!

I am in. I am Stephanie. I am 38 married for 13 years with 2 kids (DS will be 12 on the 7th and DD is 10). April will be a very busy month. Both kids are playing soccer, DD has riding twice a week this month plus she will now be going to a therapist once a week. On top of home craziness this is the month that work starts to get really busy for me.

DD has a ton of anxiety that we now are not able to help her. It is beyond what I know. She has had me very stressed out lately and that is not helping me. We just started going to a therapist at the end of March after a visit to the ER because she lost vision in one eye. it was determined that she can see but she has so much stress and anxiety that her brain was telling her she can't see. I am really hoping we can get her back on track. And going back to April being rough it is also state testing here and DD always gets very worked up on these days. it will be 2 days a week for the month.

I am going to have a few goals this month.

1. Track my food
2. Get 10,000 steps
3. Do my 5 minute app workout (target butt and thighs)
4. Really I just need to survive this month

The only thing that should give me problems will be the 10,000 but I am hoping that the weather gets better (UGH!!!we had snow last night) and I can walk around the block if I can't make it to the rec.

I am also going to try ways to lower my stress as it is not helping me lose weight and I am losing hair to because of it.

I am Nia, 39 year old mother of one. For first time in over year I will set myself specific weight loss goal! I want to lose 2.5 kg Next month

1. Count calories, and hit the target of 650 calories defict daily
I count calories using mfp and use fitbit tracker to adjust.

I am not going to set up any other goals, that's big and challenging enough.

I was thinking about areas that need work on for myself long term

Night time - 5pm to 8pm eating
Vacation eating
Eating high sugar items = increased appetite
Not taking rest days when I need them = increased appetite
Eating too much bread type of meals. I don't seem to get same from pasta, but bread for some reason

Any tips on managing Night time?

I'm in again! I'm Linda also from the Pacific Northwest like Lizanne. We were empty nesters until about a week ago when DS2 took a medical leave from college in New York City and returned home. He's going to work on his mental health and I'm going to work on closing bathroom/bedroom doors again!

I'm going to keep my goals the same as I always do: log all food and make my steps goal of 6000. With the exception of the first few days of the month I went much farther (further? I get those 2 mixed up) every day. Normally that would mean increasing that goal, but I think I'll keep it the same this month. The scale is once again going in the proper direction (amazing how that happens when I am not totally stressed out!).

@HappyGrape, I don't have any sure fire solutions to evening snacking. Sometimes it works for me to drink something hot: tea or cocoa. Chewing gum can also be a deterrent. Brushing my teeth early in the evening also works occasionally. Sometimes I realize I'm not really hungry, but thirsty. Drinking lots of water may mean a wake up call in the middle of those nights, but I figure it's worth it. I also try to keep my hands busy, that way they're not shoving food in my mouth!

Hi! I'm Cassie. I'm 39, and I just got back from WDW last Tuesday. I realized that I was walking about 10 miles each day while I was there for a week, and that I really should be walking more at home. I am headed for a cruise on the Fantasy in June, and I really want to run the Castaway Cay 5k. I am not a runner, but I started the couch to 5k program 2 days ago. I am also doing intermittent fasting.
My goals for April:
1. Make it to week 4 of C25k
2. Lose 1lb per week

Hello friends :wave:

I'm back.. I have missed you but I feel I definitely needed the break. It has been a hectic few months - we moved house - still renting - downsized to a 4 bedroom townhouse - the great thing is in the complex we have 4 swimming pools to choose from and one of them is a 25 metre lap pool - trouble is we are starting to run out of swimming weather but will have it to look forward to later in the year again. Work is super busy but is a good year and challenging in a fun way. I have found whilst having my break I did cut back hugely on computer time at night - and am aiming to not pick it up too much again but will manage to check in with you all.

I am Sam, 45, joining in from Queensland, Australia. With the move my eating has been just awful and I really really need to turn it around. I lurked a little on March's thread and saw that someone was using the idea of ADDING healthy things rather than a negative perspective of taking away or restricting and I really liked this idea - thanks whoever that was :-)

My goals for this month are:
  • Add a daily walk
  • Swim laps as much as possible before it gets cooler here
  • Add more water to my weekend drinking options

DD has a ton of anxiety that we now are not able to help her. It is beyond what I know. She has had me very stressed out lately and that is not helping me. We just started going to a therapist at the end of March after a visit to the ER because she lost vision in one eye. it was determined that she can see but she has so much stress and anxiety that her brain was telling her she can't see. I am really hoping we can get her back on track. And going back to April being rough it is also state testing here and DD always gets very worked up on these days. it will be 2 days a week for the month.

Sorry to hear things are so bad for your DD right now. I hope the therapist is able to help her to reduce her symptoms and get the underlying cause :hug:

Any tips on managing Night time?

Night time snacking is really one of my undoings also - I can do well all day - but then have the mentality that night time tv watching and snacking is my reward and that includes not so good food choices.

Happy Motivation Monday!
Re motivation - I am posting quote to boost my own motivation today.

“The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”

Muhammad Ali

I find this motivational, as I sometimes feel I had it all figured out, what happened! Well, life happens. Things change, we learn and that's ok

I did great yesterday and hit my target deficit.

And the second one! It is what is, get over it and let's focus the direction we want to go. As driving a car and looking all the backwards won't work - focus on the direction where you want to go will bring a lot more progress in weight loss and healthy living too.

“Leaders spend 5% of their time on the problem & 95% of their time on the solution. Get over it & crush it!” – Tony Robbins

Hi all! I am in for this month as well!

I'm Patricia, 29, living a few hours south of WDW. I am so close to my goal I can smell it, but these last pounds are a bit stubborn. I am also trying to not be crazy strict with my lifestyle and eating as I creep down to goal so that I am not going to go way off the rails when I get there. I am trying to find a little bit of a balance on my way. It may take me longer to get these pounds off (I've only been average 2.5 per month), but I want it to be a permanent loss.

But I am so close and getting impatient, so..... my goal is to FINALLY get to goal this month. I have 3.2 lbs to loose to get there, and there is no reason I can't make that happen. Technically I only have 3 weeks to make this happen since the last weekend of this month I will be out of town. So roughly that puts me at 1 lb a week. Totally doable.

I will achieve this by planning out my food for the week and not going off plan. I will also be going to Orangetheory 3 times a week and doing yoga 1-2 times per week as well.

Welcome @luvpoohandcompany ! I am doing WW too, but I am playing pretty free with my freestlying right now Haha! I need to jump start myself back on track as well.

@HappyGrape - I like all of those quotes!

Someone I follow on IG recently posted about the power of manifestation and how our lives go the direction our thoughts go, so think about what you think about. It was a good and timely reminder for me, and I've been focused on redirection when I sink into negative thought patterns.

A mixed weekend... Saturday was lovely, Sunday was super cold and breezy. I'm not quite sure what I did on Saturday; Sunday I did little to nothing. I continued to drink my green smoothies though, and also continued to consume sugar. Way too much sugar. Overall I do feel much better, so I'll keep chipping away at it.

Happy Monday all - and Happy April!

Good afternoon. My apologies for being late to post today. I was sick after church yesterday and slept until 1:45 p.m. today, just in time to get to the doctor's appointment. And it turns out I have the flu, in spite of my shot.

So....It's Motivation Monday! Post something about what motivates you. This can be a picture, meme, quote, or something personal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!