APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

Topic Tuesday: Interesting question as I am eating very very responsible at the moment, no real tweets besides on tiny piece of dark chocolate after dinner... So I am just going to think more general and will go back to whole wheat pasta. I love pasta and a couple of years ago I went all whole wheat and then slowly the white pasta started to reappear. I am not going to throw out the two boxes that are currently in use, but I think for the summer all pasta that gets bought will be whole wheat!

@Oneanne I was going to say that the Dolphin ought to be lovely - but now I guess you will be just as happy at Pop!! Did they already have the renovated rooms when you stayed there last time? They do look nice, but a bit bland. If you are looking into ways to do fun tours at WDW, the two that I am currently thinking of is the cake decorating class at Amorette's - you get to keep the cake, maybe not the best thing to do on a solo trip... And the other one is the tour at Epcot where you get to snorkel with the fishies at the Sea pavilion in Epcot. Wild Africa Trek is great, too, though. They also have a new tour there that gets high marks that is called "Caring for giants" and it is about the elephants at AK.

@HappyGrape are you ok? I am missing your morning posts!! :goodvibes

@Oneanne I was going to say that the Dolphin ought to be lovely - but now I guess you will be just as happy at Pop!! Did they already have the renovated rooms when you stayed there last time? They do look nice, but a bit bland. If you are looking into ways to do fun tours at WDW, the two that I am currently thinking of is the cake decorating class at Amorette's - you get to keep the cake, maybe not the best thing to do on a solo trip... And the other one is the tour at Epcot where you get to snorkel with the fishies at the Sea pavilion in Epcot. Wild Africa Trek is great, too, though. They also have a new tour there that gets high marks that is called "Caring for giants" and it is about the elephants at AK.

Yes, I've heard about Caring for Giants but couldn't do it last trip because we had group stuff planned for the day it was offered while I was there. I've done the tour of Future World but not World Showcase, so that's a possibility. I didn't stay in a renovated room last trip, but think it might be nice to have the second bed up and out of the way.

Right now my motivation is saving as many of my belongings from the basement as possible. We are slowly making progress. Meals are what can be eaten fairly quickly with small snacks if there is not some sorting to do while DH and 13 year old take a load to the storage unit. Which I might mention I don't think my dad approves of our spending the money on. I don't care I am not going to just throw everything out which includes books, photos, holiday and other seasonal decorations. We lost yesterday due to rain and snow which set a record for my area. That is fine, the record that is, though I would much rather if we break anymore snow fall records we do so between November 20 and March 20. We should be able to get some work done this afternoon as it should warm up to at least be out there with jackets. It went from in the low 70s on Saturday to having rain turned to snow and hitting in the low 50s for a high yesterday. Needless to say we lost a day of work time yesterday due to the weather. It should be interesting to see if we can get it all done before the weekend especially since I won't be able to help much. My mom called me Sunday night with the news that the oldest son of some good family friends was killed hit by a female driving a 1 ton truck. Anyway his service is this Friday and at least I am going though I might ride out with my folks so that my husband and 13 year old can get some work done on the basement and just plan to take 10 year old with them when they go over to put a load in the storage unit. Saturday the girls have their demonstration for 4-H communication day an hour away so that will take up the morning and then late afternoon we have a let's get together with some distant family to celebrate a 95th, 90th, 2 no age given birthdays, and a 15th anniversary party. Hopefully we can have everything out by middle of next week and start on the necessary repairs including possibly some mold removal.

I was forced to make a swap this week. My early morning gym class was cancelled for today so instead we all played pickleball. It was lots of fun and the instructor will be back in town Thursday for class. I'm happy I didn't use her absence as an excuse to be lazy and sleep but instead was doing something active!

I've never done any tours at WDW. They all sound so fun. Last night I decided what fun thing we're going to do this summer. Since we had to bring DS2 home from college we dropped all plans for a big trip this summer. Now we're going to take smaller scenic drives in our state. There are parts of it I've never seen and we should get lots of great hiking in. Just two more months until summer break!!!

a thread I posted about the best and the worse meal of your trip is on the weekly dis unplugged discussion! bit out of topic but felt like sharing it

I will check this out! I listen to the DISUnplugged podcast when I am running or walking. Am planning for a run later today, so this will be an added incentive to make sure to go out. So, that makes it on topic!

WOO-HOO WEDNESDAY! Tell us your successes/victories/happies!

My woo-hoo (and kinda boo-hoo) - The boot camp I've been attending at my fitness center has been extended for free through May. Here I was thinking I was done with it.

It's good for me. It's good for me. It's good for me.

My woo-hoo (and kinda boo-hoo) - The boot camp I've been attending at my fitness center has been extended for free through May. Here I was thinking I was done with it.

It's good for me. It's good for me. It's good for me.

:thumbsup2 What happened with that chocolate cake yesterday?? Were you succesful?

My woohoo for today is again the scale. Down another 0.2kg, that's nearly half a pound! :banana: I really needed some scale woohoos as it was getting rather depressing here.

:thumbsup2 What happened with that chocolate cake yesterday?? Were you succesful?

YES! I told myself that someone sneezed on it (not really, to my knowledge...) and that it wouldn't taste as good as it looked. The next time I went back, it was all gone. I practiced sitting in my discomfort, and it worked.

My woohoo for today is again the scale. Down another 0.2kg, that's nearly half a pound! :banana: I really needed some scale woohoos as it was getting rather depressing here.

Yay! Great job!

Woohoo... the good news is that I'm eating over-night oats this morning, the bad news is that I got it at Starbucks along with my morning Chai. But I got the oats instead of a pastry, so that's ultimately a good thing.

Woohoo, I'm going to Disney World! I am getting excited about planning... I'm already in the 180 day ADR window, so need to think about some TS meals I might like. But I think I'm going to start with booking a couple tours first and work from there.

It's SUNNY!!!

I have Friday and Monday off!!! Friday I head out to my Sister's for her party, then I come home Saturday evening and have Sunday and Monday to putz around locally. The weather will have cooled off but should be dry enough to get more done outside in the yard.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Happy Wednesday everyone. I worked from home today and I did huge food shop this morning, hairy bikers recipes - meatloaf, chicken with risotto, vegetarian lentil ragu sauce for pasta and little egg muffins with peppers and ham. I am really happy with being so well prepared for the remaining of the week. I also got up early and did on demand bodybalance class before all that!

My Woohoo is I am getting a lot done at work. There is so much going on so finally finishing some projects is a good feeling. Things at work will slow down in May and then the summer hits and that is my craziest time that is never ending until about October. Our summer moto is Just get done what you can. My boss tells me this a few times a summer when I start getting worked up that things are not getting done.

My Woohoo is we are making progress on the basement getting stuff out of there and over to the storage unit. There is still a lot to be done though but it is slowly getting there. DH thinks he has figured out where the water is coming in and my dad is going to help get it fixed.

My wahoo is that today I wore a skirt that last fall was very snug and today was perfectly comfortable!

I remembered a swap that I plan to make. I want to swap out the 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar I put on my oatmeal for blueberries and other berries that are in our freezer. I just have to taste those berries to see if they are still good because I can't remember how long they've been in my freezer!!!

Right now I'm frustrated with DH and really want to eat!!! But I won't because 1) I only have 17 calories left today and 2) it's almost bedtime. I think I'll do some planks and then I'll feel better. Nothing like shaky arms to calm the mind!

Nearly the weekend!!!

Topic Thursday! How do you feel about weigh-ins? How much power does the scale have over your mood? What suggestions do you have for others?

scale-2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!