AP's with Discount. How fast can I get them?

Pennyguy23

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right place for this.

We are buying AP's before our March trip. There are no rooms avaliable for March 4th.(the day we arrive) So we are going to stay at a Moderate resort with the AP discount. Will we have them in time(if we have them shipped) since we will be arriving at 7:00pm at MCO and can't make it to the parks to get them at will call.

Also we have an exsisting Base ticket we would like to upgrade. How could I do this. Who do I call?

I know, I know, I got a lot of things going on in this post. Any help would be great. Thanks everyone.

Steven

You can't order the AP in advance AND get credit for your existing ticket.

That said, you don't even have to have the AP in-hand to take advantage of AP discount room rates. Just give them the AP rate code when you book and you may be asked to present the pass at check-in. In all honesty, they often don't even ask to see the AP.

If they DO ask to see the AP and you haven't had time to pick it up yet, just let the resort CM know that you intend to purchase the pass as soon as you go to the parks. They will normally allow you to return later in the day to show the newly-purchased AP and secure your room rate.

You could also go to DTD to upgrade your exsiting Base ticket to an AP.

You can always hop on a DtD bus from your moderate resort and get your APs at DtD Guest Services. It is located in the area between Team Mickey and Arribas Brothers Crystal, behind Ghiradelli. They can do the ticket ugrade there as well. Be sure to bring your DVC membership card for the AP discount.

Does the base ticket have any days used? If yes, I've read that they are no longer offering credits after 14 days from first use (even if non-expiring).

You can't order the AP in advance AND get credit for your existing ticket.

That said, you don't even have to have the AP in-hand to take advantage of AP discount room rates. Just give them the AP rate code when you book and you may be asked to present the pass at check-in. In all honesty, they often don't even ask to see the AP.

If they DO ask to see the AP and you haven't had time to pick it up yet, just let the resort CM know that you intend to purchase the pass as soon as you go to the parks. They will normally allow you to return later in the day to show the newly-purchased AP and secure your room rate.

Ok thanks very much for the help, I will call today and reserve it. Do I just call the 800 # for disney and just let them know I am a AP holder?

Also how last it the GS at DTD open?

No, they are just one day base tickets so we could get the DDP, so we didn't use it.

Ok thanks very much for the help, I will call today and reserve it. Do I just call the 800 # for disney and just let them know I am a AP holder?

Also how last it the GS at DTD open?

No, they are just one day base tickets so we could get the DDP, so we didn't use it.

The DtD GS is open the same hours as DtD, so at least until 10pm. Yes call the reular Disney reservaton line, and when they are booking, ask if there is an AP discount available.

The Guest Relations offices at DTD are located in the Marketplace and in West Side.

The Marketplace location is between the Team Mickey shop and the Ghirardelli shop towards the Rainforest Cafe end of the Marketplace. This is a walk-up counter located indoors between the two stores.

The West Side location is at the Pleasure Island end, just past the AMC Theaters. Walk straight down from the parking lot with PI on your right and AMC Theaters on your left and you will see it right in front of you. It is a white building that says "information" on it. This is a Guest Relations window like the parks have.

Hours can vary depending on season but generally are:

Marketplace Guest Relations Located next to Team Mickey
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Sunday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Friday - Saturday

West Side Guest Relations Adjacent to Pleasure Island, near AMC Theaters
Hours: 9:30am to 11:45pm

The Guest Relations offices at DTD are located in the Marketplace and in West Side.

The Marketplace location is between the Team Mickey shop and the Ghirardelli shop towards the Rainforest Cafe end of the Marketplace. This is a walk-up counter located indoors between the two stores.

The West Side location is at the Pleasure Island end, just past the AMC Theaters. Walk straight down from the parking lot with PI on your right and AMC Theaters on your left and you will see it right in front of you. It is a white building that says "information" on it. This is a Guest Relations window like the parks have.

Hours can vary depending on season but generally are:

Marketplace Guest Relations Located next to Team Mickey
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Sunday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Friday - Saturday

West Side Guest Relations Adjacent to Pleasure Island, near AMC Theaters
Hours: 9:30am to 11:45pm

Thanks very much for the info.

We have a night booked at POP or 88.88$ a night. Pretty good I thought. I figured we don't get into MCO until 7:30pm so really we are only sleeping there. Plus I like to stay a different resorts sometimes. BCV will look just that much better;) . So you guys/gals think that I can just get the AP's in the morning and I should be fine and still get the discount or should I just go to DTD and get them. What do I need Memebercard, State ID, is that it?

Also I wrote this before, my wife lost her base tickets. Is there anything they can do for us there. Can they look it up since I will have my key to the world card with the baseticket on it? Or are we out of luck.

You may need to go to DtD that night, since you only have a one night ressie at POP. They may be able to look up your wife's base ticket with your room key, I don't know for sure. You will need your DVC membership card, and both of you will need to be present with IDs to get your APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter