Aquaduck Day vs Night (video)

ExCMbeau

Find us on Youtube @ NolaDad08
We leave next Friday June 16th for the 5 night double dip on the Dream. We did a 7 night in 2015 on the Fantasy and loved the Aquaduck! My youngest was too short to ride it and was not happy about it. Now she is tall enough to ride it which means the whole family can enjoy it.

So we went looking through old pictures and videos to see if we had any of the Aquaduck. We not only got a video from the GoPro during the day, but we had video from a night ride also. I personally love the night ride much better. I was not expecting all the colored lights so that made is pretty cool. Here is the video showing the difference.

I haven't even ridden it during the day! After i got water in my ears from Pelican Plunge that wouldn't dry out, i decided not to. This doesn't seem like you get too wet though (yeah, I'm a ball of fun).

Oh, well if you ever decide to do another cruise on the Dream or Fantasy you'll have to put it on your must do list.

I don't know how it is in the warm weather, but when we were on the Fantasy in November before last, the water was about 62 degrees. My grandson wanted to ride and I went around with him. We hit the first downhill and at the bottom I got slapped in the middle of the back and the back of the head with a bucket full of that water and just about died! (OK I'll admit it, I'm from South Florida and don't deal with cold water anymore..) So be warned that some parts of the year that water is COLD!.

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

Thanks for sharing!! We're on the 6/25 5 night double dip, and my daughter will be tall enough to ride with one of us this time around. I'll show her the video before we head out. :)

Thank you for the video. It's great to see what it's like before going on it. I may even do this! :flower:

Oh em gee!! We're going in October and can't wait to enjoy it during the day and night!! Thank you for sharing!!

Thanks for sharing!! We're on the 6/25 5 night double dip, and my daughter will be tall enough to ride with one of us this time around. I'll show her the video before we head out. :)
What is the minimum height?

We enjoyed the Aquaduck both during the day and at night in December. They both have their visual advantages: in the nighttime, you get the blur of colored lights, while in the daytime you get the view of tropical island or ocean. My favorite was daytime, because it was a chilly ride at night in December. Not terribly cold, but "too cool for comfort" would be the way I'd describe it. The worst part was getting out at the end- it felt quite chilly then.

This is great! I live waterslides but have a problem with ones that go into to tunnels that are dark. I can't stand not being able to see where I'm going. It's the reason I couldn't ride Space Mountain again.

That is what made us find this video. My youngest wanted to see what it was about. It helped for her to see what it was like ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter