Ardastra Gardens in Nassau

dizneefreak29

Mouseketeer
We are on the 10/19 Wonder cruise and were thinking of going to Ardastra Gardens in Nassau. Has anyone ever been? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Just came back from the 9/21 sailing. We went to Ardastra Gardens. It was pretty nice. Lots of different animals there. The marching flamingos were cool. Part of the tour is the Gardens and part is a city tour. Our driver showed us several spots, including Fort Fincastle, the Water Tower, and the Queen's Staircase.

<font color=navy>I'm going there today & will include pics when I get back. :) The tour leaves @ 1pm, so that gives you some time to check out the ship, and relax before going into the city - or relaxing on a beach - as long as you're back on the ship & at the meeting place by 1:pm.

:sunny:

Thanks! I would love to see any pics you have!

During the city tour....are you able to get out and see the sites or just see them from the bus?

WE've done it 3 times and it's well worth the visit at least once in your lifetime if you like to see wild animals some in cages some loose. However you can do this on your own a lot cheaper.
Really helps out if you are a group of 4 to 8. Just get a van/taxi to the Gardens ($3 each as I remember) buy a ticket for $12 at the door(children less some free) and you can spend as long as you like or leave quicker than when on a tour group. The city tour is a waste of your time IMO so just do the Gardens on your own and save that extra money for other things. Best to be there by 9:30 or so in time for the 10AM march of the Flamingos. If you are lucky you will be one of the chosen few that gets to dance with them! When you have done it all they will call a taxi for you to pick you back up and take you back to town or the ship.
Great way to spend a few hours while in Nassau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter