Are back seats on Delta unavailable for booking ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I know they are blocking middle seats, but on every flight I have checked have the last several rows unavailable?

I know they are blocking middle seats, but on every flight I have checked have the last several rows unavailable?
Not unusual, Delta has often blocked those seats for years. It gives them room for folks who missed their connections, had cancelled flights and other issues.

Not unusual, Delta has often blocked those seats for years. It gives them room for folks who missed their connections, had cancelled flights and other issues.
Ok I never noticed so many rows in the back unavailable before.

And those seats are the once people who buy "Basic". Those cannot be reserved as they are assigned at check in.

Most airlines have the back seats unavailable. Look at United and you will see they are not available. A lot of time they can use those seats for folks who are traveling with small children. They can put them back there to give them space to stretch out.

Delta usually does that, too. Like maryj11, I've noticed they are holding more than the last two rows recently. It does seem like a lot more than usual for those of us who fly Delta often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!