Are Disney ´s strollers really that bad for one day?

Donna M

DIS Veteran
In the past we have taken the stroller from home and it worked great, but this year we are thinking of just renting a double when at the Magic Kingdom because we won´t be able to bring our own. The kids will be almost 5 and a young 6, on the smaller size. It is for only one day and we will bring two towels for a little cushioning. It is cheaper than renting from an outside company since it is only needed once, but I know they are hard plastic.

Anyone have any experience, especially with the double?

We always rent from Kingdom Strollers for our normal trips, but back in January we were in for a night before a cruise. We needed something, so we rented a double when we did Hollywood Studios for a few hours. Both kids complained about how hard and uncomfortable it was and they're kinda crappy. Won't do it again.

I rented one for five days for my 4/4/6 year olds, I really didn’t care that much about comfort since they were beyond stroller age and it was just handy to be able to get from point A to point B quicker, if they felt uncomfortable they could just walk. It was easier for them to hop in and out of than a traditional stroller.

At 5, we just used strollers to save little legs and make our movement quicker. They were in them for short amounts of time and weren’t trying to nap. Rented was fine for us. They hadn’t used strollers in daily life for a couple of years so they appreciated the ride.

We rented a double stroller at the parks for one day after a cruise in February. It was fine. They can’t sleep in those hard strollers and I did have to carry our 6 year old on the boat and then bus back to our hotel but it was fine. But we did rope drop to 9:30 pm and park hopped so it was a LONG day. If you can carry them out of the park at the end then do it. If you can’t then bring your own.

And my petite 7 year old also hopped in with the 6 yr old at times. They were both about 40 lbs at the time and it wasn’t difficult to push.

It's totally fine. I used to rent from Kingdom Strollers when they were very little and napped. Then I did the stroller in the parks two trips ago, when my daughter was newly 6 and NEVER used strollers anymore but couldn't hang. This trip at 7 we finally managed without strollers, but when they aren't little/napping in it they are fine. I enjoyed the park one bc it was easier to not have it on transportation, it was easy to just get a new one if we left and came back later (we'd return it and grab one later)... it was just an easy system!

For ONE day - yes - I think they can deal with one double at those ages. I think they may feel tight together - but with their ages - you just need a place to give them a break when headed a bit farther around the park. If they complain, you can tell them the alternative is no stroller......

I don't think hard plastic is all that uncomfortable when you are young - I slept on the ground in a sleeping bag as a kid, couldn't do that now! Chairs at school are hard plastic too. Kids will be fine :)

The problem is that at that age the time you need it is to get them home when they are passed out, and the park stroller won't help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter