Are Express passes necessary right now? How much time does it save you???

nasmith

DIS Veteran
Are Express passes necessary right now? How much time does it save you???

Just trying to decide which hotel to book. And how does express pass wotk with the virtual Que (like Despicable Me)?

Thanks!!

I was wondering the same thing. From what I have noticed the weekends have been busy... but how busy. I am going in October so if they continue the haunted houses parks selling out I may just get the higher price hotel just on the weekend and move

We just got back from a weekend at Uni. We had EP and it was definitely worth it. Many rides were 60+ minutes, of course we stood in line for 5-10mins with EP. The lines for Hulk and Rip Ride were very long. I do not know what the lines are like during the week. I do know that you can get a room for 4 at Royal Pacific for $190 per night including tax for may nights with an AP discount. It was worth it to us to upgrade our tickets to AP just for the room discount. One night gives you 2 days of unlimited EP. One bit or warning is that the EP lines go up considerably after 2pm, due to the higher end AP's getting EP after 2pm.

Definitely worth it right now. They are social distancing so things like the hogwarts express with only one party per car are taking forever, They had lines over 100 minutes even on week days when we were there 9/17 to 9/20. With EP we still waited awhile but it was much shorter. Some rides like mummy go virtual que only but with EP you can still get in line. They had separate lines for EP and virtual, EP was a 25 minute wait at one point but I saw many people getting turned away because they didn't have EP or a virtual que spot so they weren't even allowed in the line.

If you have EP you don't have to mess with virtual que spots for anything except Hagrids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter