Are fireworks the best from the Skyliner?! An April 24 Trip Report - update 5/20

Sounds like a great morning at AK. Can’t beat afternoon pool time with a drink 😁

I love AK and Dinosaur 🦖 is a favorite ride! You had a great chill morning at AK.
I also love listening to the band across from Flame Tree! I love watching all the littles dancing and having such a wonderful time!
Yeah, instead of going slow every day, we start off fast and wild and then slowly slow down as the week goes on, hah! I think if we went more often it would be more like this pace... maybe!
Wow, your daughter really loved Everest! A morning at Animal Kingdom sounds wonderful - it’s such a great park. An afternoon swim sounds great, too!
She is adventurous! Pool afternoons make it an official vacation!
I love "Yes" days. It seems like such a fun time.
She was sooo looking forward to this day!
A great morning at AK, and a great start to the “yes” day! I too would ride Everest twice if the wait wasn’t too long. It’s a fun coaster!

I love the “ears” on the Primordial Booze, though I admit when I first saw I thought “Mickey doesn’t qualify as primordial!” Still, it looks cute!
Hahaha, that is true! Maybe he went into the ooze... :oops:

Great idea for the yes day!!! We might have to implement that on our next trip 😊
Yes, it works good for the 5th day, or after you've tackled all of your personal goals for the trip, ha. Probably in a couple years she can plan the whole thing though... but would she get up at 7am for LLs?!
I love the idea of a yes day! Seems to have gone well so far. I love AK too.
Thanks!!

Day 5 - Yes Day continues...

DD was agreeable and let me keep my Narcoossee's reservation for this evening. After a quick change and refresh we headed out at 4 to get to GF by 5. We took a bus to MK first.

Pic from the walk between the bus stop and the monorail, taken at 4:30:
PXL_20240424_203135564.jpg

DD laid down on the monorail and actually took a nap! It worked out, we had two delays for some reason so it took about 20 minutes. She had been getting progressively more tired each afternoon, but wasn't able to nap in the room.

At 4:59 we took this photo:
PXL_20240424_205925671.jpg
We were checked in and waiting on the patio! We did step on it to get through GF over to the restaurant, but I guess we didn't really need to.

This restaurant is beautiful and we got an amazing seat.

PXL_20240424_211118664.jpg

There was a lot to look at out the window. Also, DD got lucky, no colouring pages here, but she happened to have her little sticker book scavenger hunt thing we grabbed when we were at the Seas aquarium the day before! This was perfect to entertain her. She also read the menu and chose and ordered on her own, so her nap must have done her good. "Seasonal fish, fruit and Nemo cupcake please". I think she took the server by surprise.

PXL_20240424_210554300.jpg

I loved the plates, napkins, glasses here. It is a nice comfortable restaurant, but not really fancy or upscale. Made me feel like it could have been located at home (West Coast Canada).

PXL_20240424_211429903.jpg

We had sparkling water, all around. DD had a chocolate milk, I had a glass of rose, I loved the glasses with the symbol on the side... now these are the kind of souvenirs I'd bring home! DH had the Old Fashioned and he made a face when he had a sip, I thought he didn't like it, but he said it was the best one he's ever had!!!!! Which is a high compliment from him.

Very very good sourdough bread with Himalayan pink sea salt butter:
PXL_20240424_211535523.jpg

I decided to have two appies since I really wanted the lobster bisque ($19), but knew I couldn't have a whole entree after that!
PXL_20240424_212547320.jpg
It was very nice, it could have been one degree warmer, and the lobster "chunk" in mine was more like minced, so that wasn't quite what I was expecting!

Then I ordered the bbq shrimp and grits ($19)
PXL_20240424_214615022.jpg
The shrimp were a bit overdone for me, but maybe I prefer mine on the lighter cooked side! These were a bit more grilled and dark on the edges than my preference. The microgreens saved the dish!

DH had the Blackened Red Fish ($49) which is one of their specialties. He is a sucker for anything that lists chorizo as an ingredient and generally likes all fish. He liked this and I think it was the winner of our dishes!

PXL_20240424_214619055.jpg

We were very sadly too full for dessert and I didn't want to carry an almond cheesecake through MK for the next 3 hours. But that might be my biggest regret from the trip!

DD did get her Nemo cupcake to go though and was very happy about it! She ate it the next morning for "breakfast"

PXL_20240424_220803104.PORTRAIT.jpg

That reminds me that I didn't mention that for our first breakfast this morning her and I had some Les Halles baguette with butter and DH had his apricot pastry.

Fun fact: Empress 1908 gin (in their Empress Lime Gimlet cocktail and others around the resort) is actually made in our city, Victoria, BC. I can't believe that it's made it all the way to WDW in Florida from our small town!

Next update, very successful night in MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter