Are General Codes gone forever?

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
Well it is clear that the chances of a GC for May at this point will be slim. With the MYW packages are GC's gone??

Gone forever? probably not

will they be available for this May...not looking to likely for that. I wouldn't rule them out completely for the future though. Right now, with the Happiest Celebration thing and all the "family of 4 for under $1500" promo ads out, CRO has been hopping and bookings are apparantly up a fair amount for spring and summer. I would bet that things will settle down and level off soon and we'll see general codes again in the future.

I know that doesn't help you for this trip, but "forever" is a very long time. ;)

Not a clue, but I would think not..

(If I could predict Disney, I could predict Lottery numbers and then codes would not be an issue!)

I don't think codes will be gone forever, but I would be surprised if there are any codes out for about a year-unless these high gas prices force a lot of people to cancel driving vacations and airline prices skyrocket. My view on this is that Disney has gone through a lot of trouble to revamp their entire vacation package system. They have to wait it out and see if this new "product" (so to speak) is going to work and in order to do that they have to see if people are really going to book their vacation on the premise that they can go for a week for $1500 or slightly more if they want to upgrade. If it turns out to be a flop or something else unforseen happens, then they will have to put some codes out there is a hurry to attract people. Otherwise, they have to test it for several months and through the various seasons to see if it has been successful. From there they will probably crunch the numbers and see if codes are necessary and if so will release them when needed. Once again, this is just my opinion, but we have to remember Disney is a company and their #1 priority is to make $$$. Now, if they'd just release those darn Nov codes I could upgrade from POFQ to WL :rotfl2: !!!

I doubt it... but I don't think there's going to be any for a while. Seeing that the AP & FL Resident rates were what a general code probably would have been, I wouldn't expect general codes until the AP and FL rates go lower :)

What we all forget, is that codes are not for us to save money. They are made available so that Disney can fill vacant hotel rooms. If the rooms are already full, there will be no codes. If things die down, then you will see the return of codes and other discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter