Are RnR, ToT, & EE too much for me?

ThemeParkPrincess

Earning My Ears
k! So I’m headed to Disney this weekend to celebrate my birthday. I’m super excited because I LOVEEEE disney! I’ve been too many times to count and I’m even an annual Passholder... HOWEVER, I’ve never ridden EE, RnR, & ToT. I’ve always been too scared but I really want to give them a try! I’ve enjoy space mountain and thunder mountain but I’ve never been on an upside down coaster before so that’s my big fear of RnR! What’s your advice for riding RnR if I’ve never done an upside ride before? Should I go for it or will it be too much?

I say try it at least once. I'm not great with roller coasters, but I rode EE, and wasn't horrified by it.

I’d pick EE out of them. Tot never did and scares me. RNR has intense launch.

Start with EE and see how brave you feel

RNR is upside down? I don’t remember. I rode it once

I agree with a PP about trying EE first. I can't really comment too much on the intensity of rides because I'm a thrill seeker. I love looking for the biggest and best roller coasters. I will say that the backwards part of EE is pretty short and really isn't intense. I think it would be a good one to try and see how you feel. I personally like RnRC better because I feel more secure in it. I like coasters that lock you in over your head instead of just having the bar on my lap.

I hate Space Mountain, but I LOVE EE. It's so much fun. The backwards part is a big part of that fun to me. My daughter and I have ridden this ride about 50ish times and have sat in the front, back, and most of the middle. We think the front is good for people who are a bit unsure about this ride because it feels slower to us in the front. Now, once you go backwards, of course, you lose that advantage for a few seconds. If you want the front, you can request that with one of the loading CMs. They will have you wait for another set of cars but will then let you ride in front.

RnRC is also fun. It does go upside down, but it is so fast it's over before you know it. The entire ride is only about a minute long. The launch is intense, but keep your head firmly pressed back against the seat and you should be fine.

I've only ridden ToT once. At that time, I said I really didn't need to experience it again, but time has caused me to now think maybe it wasn't that bad. I'll try it again in December if I can convince my daughter to ride it with me. So far, I'm the only one in our family to ride it. Riding it alone was a mistake because I was the crazy lady who grabbed the arm of a complete stranger on the first drop. I was mortified that I did that, so my embarrassment plus my "newbie terror" made it a little difficult to enjoy the ride.

I hate Space Mountain, but I LOVE EE. It's so much fun. The backwards part is a big part of that fun to me. My daughter and I have ridden this ride about 50ish times and have sat in the front, back, and most of the middle. We think the front is good for people who are a bit unsure about this ride because it feels slower to us in the front. Now, once you go backwards, of course, you lose that advantage for a few seconds. If you want the front, you can request that with one of the loading CMs. They will have you wait for another set of cars but will then let you ride in front.

RnRC is also fun. It does go upside down, but it is so fast it's over before you know it. The entire ride is only about a minute long. The launch is intense, but keep your head firmly pressed back against the seat and you should be fine.

I've only ridden ToT once. At that time, I said I really didn't need to experience it again, but time has caused me to now think maybe it wasn't that bad. I'll try it again in December if I can convince my daughter to ride it with me. So far, I'm the only one in our family to ride it. Riding it alone was a mistake because I was the crazy lady who grabbed the arm of a complete stranger on the first drop. I was mortified that I did that, so my embarrassment plus my "newbie terror" made it a little difficult to enjoy the ride.
The pictures of our 9 yo niece on TOT are priceless. The first ride she grabbed her mom and my hand because she wasn't sure about the drops. The next ride right after her hands are in the air and she is smiling lol

The pictures of our 9 yo niece on TOT are priceless. The first ride she grabbed her mom and my hand because she wasn't sure about the drops. The next ride right after her hands are in the air and she is smiling lol

Yep. I probably should have ridden it again right away. :laughing:

As others have said, start with EE. I don't find ToT all that intense, but combined with the theming it can seem more intense than it is (if that makes sense). If you can talk yourself in to doing it, I think you'll be impressed. The start on RnR IS intense, but the upside down part is over before you realize it happened.

I too didn't like Space Mountain but LOVED EE! It's similar to BTM, but faster.
The build-up/experience leading up to ToT is the scary part, the actual ride is pretty fun.
The launch of RnR at the beginning is pretty intense but after that it's quite smooth and the upside-down part is over in 2 seconds.

Watch on-ride videos on YouTube if you aren't sure - they really helped me!

I found out that RnR goes upside down on this board, after I rode it. My husband stubbornly insists that it didn't. I'm kind of hoping now that I know that I'll be able to tell next time.:D

I'll join the chorus and say try EE first. It's a bigger coaster than BTMRR - but its not an extreme coaster. The backwards part is not bad at all. I don't ride it regularly at all - mainly because it's my least favorite activity at AK and we usually don't have time.

I'm also not a thrill seeker - but I've ridden ToT three times now (which is NOT much considering the number of times I have been to Disney). I do NOT like the drops - and I don't like the ride. HOWEVER - I survived. I'll go again when the moment is right to take my niece to see if she likes it - but it's not on the list for me unless I really need to ride it with others.

RnR is where I draw the line. I don't ride things that go upside down. Period. That's where I draw the line in the sand. Nope. Nada. Never. You'd have to pay me a TON of money to get on a ride that goes upside down.

I LOVE ToT and EE makes me sick. In my 20 or so visits I have never ridden RnR - first time next week if I don't chicken out!

Go for it! If you go in thinking that thousands of people ride every day and no one gets hurt, that might help.

EE - I know one poster said to sit in the front, but for your first ride, you may not want to because you see the "end of the track" just before the backwards part. For the first ride you may want to sit in the middle. The yeti is loud but he doesn't come down at you... he's just in the corner.

RnR - the beginning take off is the best part, just keep your head against the headrest and prepare to zoom! Honestly, the upside down part just feels like a sharp turn... I think it's because it's dark and you don't see it right ahead of you. It's a pretty short ride.

ToT - it's absolutely awesome. Go in knowing that there is freaky music and it's dark. Also, be aware that your booty may lift off the seat a bit on the drops. I finally convinced my sister-in-law to put her hands up instead of clutching the seat and she enjoyed it way more when her body just "went" with the movement instead of her fighting gravity by hanging on. Once she did that, she wanted to go right back on again!

Have fun!

My big fear of roller coasters is the "clink clink clink" chain going up the first hill, so the RnR actually suits me better than EE. Although, if you like BTMMR, I think you should give both coasters a try. RnR "upside down part" is hardly noticeable since you are going so fast and it's almost all dark. I was nervous about that the first time, too.

As far as ToT, I've rode it twice. Sometimes I can get the courage up to ride it; other times not so much. I'll say this, the sense of fear that I build within myself produces the most incredible laughing at the end, if I can only get past the build-up!

Have a great birthday trip!!

I found out that RnR goes upside down on this board, after I rode it. My husband stubbornly insists that it didn't. I'm kind of hoping now that I know that I'll be able to tell next time.:D

Exactly this. I was unaware that we had gone upside down until after the first ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter