Are RnR, ToT, & EE too much for me?

I'm a roller coaster lover, but have migraine associated vertigo so have to be careful about going backwards and upside down. I can do them, just not multiple times in a row unfortunately.

EE - The backwards part did bother me some. I only rode it once compared to DD and DH riding 5 times in a row on the single rider line. LOL DS skipped it, he does not like drops. (This was 5 years ago we went, DD was 10 and DS 8). I don't remember it being too wild otherwise.

RnRc - like others said keep your head back against the headrest, you don't want your head forward when it takes off! DS (a roller coaster-aphobe) did ride this one. We asked the cm at the beginning of the ride how big the drops are and he assured us there are no big drops. This advice was correct - the thrill on this one is the speed of take off. If you don't mind the g's pushing you back in your seat you will be fine. The loop (and the whole ride) is fast. DS said he liked it but didn't want to ride again. Once through the loop was enough for my vertigo, but if we had been able to go back later in the day with a short line I would have rode again in a heartbeat. DD and DH rode multiple times again.

ToT - I actually thought this is a pretty tame ride. Fun, but wasn't impressed by the drops. I love drops - Dr. Doom at Universal was one of our favorite rides there. DH and I took turns riding this solo, DS doesn't like drops and DD doesn't like heights.

I too didn't like Space Mountain but LOVED EE! It's similar to BTM, but faster.
The build-up/experience leading up to ToT is the scary part, the actual ride is pretty fun.
The launch of RnR at the beginning is pretty intense but after that it's quite smooth and the upside-down part is over in 2 seconds.

Watch on-ride videos on YouTube if you aren't sure - they really helped me!
Oh yes!! I’ve been watching ride YouTube videos for about 2 weeks now lol I get myself all pumped and say I can do it then I get to the ride and chicken out! I don’t want to do that this time lol I’m so nervous!

I'll join the chorus and say try EE first. It's a bigger coaster than BTMRR - but its not an extreme coaster. The backwards part is not bad at all. I don't ride it regularly at all - mainly because it's my least favorite activity at AK and we usually don't have time.

I'm also not a thrill seeker - but I've ridden ToT three times now (which is NOT much considering the number of times I have been to Disney). I do NOT like the drops - and I don't like the ride. HOWEVER - I survived. I'll go again when the moment is right to take my niece to see if she likes it - but it's not on the list for me unless I really need to ride it with others.

RnR is where I draw the line. I don't ride things that go upside down. Period. That's where I draw the line in the sand. Nope. Nada. Never. You'd have to pay me a TON of money to get on a ride that goes upside down.
I agree with you on the upside down rides, hints why I’ve never been on one yet! Lol

I'm a roller coaster lover, but have migraine associated vertigo so have to be careful about going backwards and upside down. I can do them, just not multiple times in a row unfortunately.

EE - The backwards part did bother me some. I only rode it once compared to DD and DH riding 5 times in a row on the single rider line. LOL DS skipped it, he does not like drops. (This was 5 years ago we went, DD was 10 and DS 8). I don't remember it being too wild otherwise.

RnRc - like others said keep your head back against the headrest, you don't want your head forward when it takes off! DS (a roller coaster-aphobe) did ride this one. We asked the cm at the beginning of the ride how big the drops are and he assured us there are no big drops. This advice was correct - the thrill on this one is the speed of take off. If you don't mind the g's pushing you back in your seat you will be fine. The loop (and the whole ride) is fast. DS said he liked it but didn't want to ride again. Once through the loop was enough for my vertigo, but if we had been able to go back later in the day with a short line I would have rode again in a heartbeat. DD and DH rode multiple times again.

ToT - I actually thought this is a pretty tame ride. Fun, but wasn't impressed by the drops. I love drops - Dr. Doom at Universal was one of our favorite rides there. DH and I took turns riding this solo, DS doesn't like drops and DD doesn't like heights.
Oh wow! I think it may just come down to me seeing how I feel in the moment and just go with it! Thanks for this response! Very helpful!!!

I heard there’s a backwards helix? How was that part?

I looked up the Everest track. I does look like a helix. Be sure to yell or scream during the backwards part. It somehow helps from getting queasy.

RnR is so smooth that you don't notice you're in the 1st loop till you 1/2 in it.

ToT. I retired from it. Don't like not knowing when it's going to drop. But I do the walkthrough, then go on the chicken elevator.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else, but just wanted to add that EE does not go upside down when it goes backwards. I was convinced it did, but after my hundredth time of riding, I realized it just turns which makes it feel like you're going backwards because you can't see anything. I actually think that feeling is similar to how I feel when RnR goes upside down. It's in the dark so it doesn't quite feel like you're going upside down, so you may actually be ok if you do well on EE. The only part about RnR is that it launches you at the beginning which is pretty intense.

Last edited:
Hmm... the backwards part worries me. I heard there’s a backwards helix? How was that part?
To be honest, that didn't bother me at all. I was more concerned with that one big drop, but for me at least, since it isn't straight down, but rather curving, it didn't bother me. It was exhilarating, and pretty intense, but it didn't scare me, or make me feel ill.

As for chickening out, we rode with FP+, so there isn't a lot of time to think about it while you are on line, you move through fairly quickly, and your are in the car and gone before you have time to second guess it. My wife was second guessing right after we were loaded in the car, and I told her too late, we're moving now lol.

I agree with you on the upside down rides, hints why I’ve never been on one yet! Lol
My mom gets sick on rides and doesn’t like going upside down. Last time she was in Orlando we made her go on her first upside down coaster at seaworld and she ended up really liking it!

Another vote to do EE first. Its fun, there is one faster section, but no inversions.
ToT is also fun. Extremely well done. The drops are random. You can tighten your seat belt so you can get as little or as much air time as you want.
RnR is a fun rollercoaster. Very fast with 1 loop at the start and several barrell rolls. If you don't do well with inversions, I would skip that one.

Hmm... the backwards part worries me. I heard there’s a backwards helix? How was that part?

As much as I love EE, that backward part messes with my head. I do ride it but if I'm not feeling absolutely 100%, I give it a pass. Did RnR one time and just felt it was too intense. I wouldn't worry too much about the upside-down part because it's so dark and you're going so fast it's kind of hard to tell what's happening. Our whole family LOVES TOT, it's probably our second favorite attraction on property.

I agree with others on R&R...the upside down part is nothing and it's so dark you really almost can't tell it happens. The take off is what gets me. I make sure to ride it first thing in the morning, and I don't eat breakfast first just to be safe! It really is an awesome ride though, you should try it at least once! Love EE also and the backward part doesn't bother me at all. Have fun!

As long as there's no physical reason, go for it! Even if you keep your eyes closed and white-knuckle through the first ride, you'll know what to expect the next time and be more able to relax.

EE and RnRc both make me dizzy and slightly nauseous...so I stay away from those rides. I use to ride them when my DS would come with me to disney world. They're a lot of fun. I would honestly try them at least once. You might like them! :)

ToT - i've been on this one several times, and it still scares the living bejesus out of me. I avoid it now that my DS no longer comes with me to disney. :teeth: Im just not ok with the fact that the only thing holding me down is that flimsy seat belt. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter