Update: Are the Friendship Boats from IG to DHS still closed? No! Reopened!

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
Tried searching but obviously didn’t use the right terms. I know I read that the dock at S/D was going to be closed longer than originally expected but was wondering what current status is for transportation from IG or Epcot resorts to DHS.

TIA!

Left yesterday and yes, still closed. Walked by the bridge under repair and it doesn’t look close to be completed yet.

Hoping its open mid-july, would like to head over after illuminations for a 10:30 F! and just want ride over.

I am thinking of a beach club stay mid august but likely will to if the boats are not available... will they likely be open by then?

Found this information today:

Due to dock maintenance, the FriendShip Boat service from Epcot to Disney's Boardwalk Resort will be impacted this week.

During the following times there will be no boat service, but bus transportation will be provided.

• Tuesday June 19 from 1pm to 6pm
  • Wednesday June 20 from 1pm to 6pm
  • Thursday June 21 from 1pm to 6pm.

I hope the boats are back by 6/29...I saw that somewhere mentioned as the date when work should be done. Annoying, since I specifically booked the Dolphin to have the boat option.

I hope the boats are back by 6/29...I saw that somewhere mentioned as the date when work should be done. Annoying, since I specifically booked the Dolphin to have the boat option.

Still closed. They have busses for Hollywood Studios. The boat is working for resorts and Epcot.

Here's a stupid add-on question: are there always busses from HS to Epcot? My internet sleuthing skills are failing me, and I'm getting mixed results.

I only ask because we have a split HS>Epcot day coming up on the 11th or 12th, and I'd love to use a bus to get to our first FP in Future World. But if the bridge is fixed by then, will it be boat or walk only? I am ashamed to admit that I don't know the answer to this question. :worried:

Last edited:
Here's a stupid add-on question: are there always busses from HS to Epcot? My internet sleuthing skills are failing me, and I'm getting mixed results.
Yes, but they start running later than the resort buses -- I think at park opening time.

Shannon ✨ WDW Prep School
@WDWPrepSchool

10:41 AM - 1 Jul 2018
Friendship Boats to Hollywood Studios have reopened.
1f64c.png

DhBvVllV4AAEs3K.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter