Are their ANY reasonably priced hotels in or near DS

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
that offer FREE parking? By reasonably priced I mean a room for 3 adults & 2 kids UNDER 70 -80 a night including all taxes and fees or am I just dreaming? In FACT it would be fine even if the hotel was a bit far from DS, as long as they had a RELIABLE shuttle to WDW or even DS...

BTW, a 'cheap' hotel that looks nice and is only 70 a night but then charges 20-30 a day just for parking is not a good deal for us... Thanks!

that offer FREE parking? By reasonably priced I mean a room for 3 adults & 2 kids UNDER 70 -80 a night including all taxes and fees or am I just dreaming? In FACT it would be fine even if the hotel was a bit far from DS, as long as they had a RELIABLE shuttle to WDW or even DS...

BTW, a 'cheap' hotel that looks nice and is only 70 a night but then charges 20-30 a day just for parking is not a good deal for us... Thanks!
Moved you to the Orlando Hotels board for assistance.

If you want free parking I assume you'll have a car?
If you will have a car know that it will cost you $22 per day to park at the parks.
If you won't have a car I would not recommend staying offsite and relying on shuttles.
The only very inexpensive place that I can personally say is not shady is motels in Davenport. I've stayed at 3 that are basically at the corner of I-4 and Highway 27.

that offer FREE parking?

By reasonably priced I mean a room for
3 adults & 2 kids
UNDER 70 -80 a night including all taxes and fees
or am I just dreaming?

In FACT it would be fine even if the hotel was a bit far from DS,
as long as they had a RELIABLE shuttle to WDW or even DS...

Agree with Queen of the WDW Scene ^

Your parameters really don't work together.
You are limited to rooms that hold 5.
Rooms under your cap will come with other concessions.
That price range will likely push you out to where no shuttle will happen.
And unless I stayed at DS or were comfortable with uber/lyft, I would drive.

Now the one thing that will greatly alter your rate is DATES, they can vary greatly week to week.

Hopefully a few will pop in and share some experiences. Someone just talked about Comfort Suites Maingate East, that might clear your price cap. Includes breakfast, microwave and fridge so maybe you can save on food to cover parking at the parks.

Agree with Queen of the WDW Scene ^

Your parameters really don't work together.
You are limited to rooms that hold 5.
Rooms under your cap will come with other concessions.
That price range will likely push you out to where no shuttle will happen.
And unless I stayed at DS or were comfortable with uber/lyft, I would drive.

Now the one thing that will greatly alter your rate is DATES, they can vary greatly week to week.

Hopefully a few will pop in and share some experiences. Someone just talked about Comfort Suites Maingate East, that might clear your price cap. Includes breakfast, microwave and fridge so maybe you can save on food to cover parking at the parks.
Thanks for all the advice, yes I am aware of the parking fees at the parks, but as strange as this sounds I am NOT planning to drive to the parks (despite the fact I'll have a car). Without writing a long story explaining why and what were doing, I'm just looking for budget hotels that have shuttles to WDW or DS and are pleasant for families (nice pool etc). Thank you PS does comfort suites have a shuttle? I dont see one on their website?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice, yes I am aware of the parking fees at the parks, but as strange as this sounds I am NOT planning to drive to the parks (despite the fact I'll have a car). Without writing a long story explaining why and what were doing, I'm just looking for budget hotels that have shuttles to WDW or DS and are pleasant for families (nice pool etc). Thank you
You're not going to find that great of shuttle service most places that are offsite. Might as well spend the money on parking, pay for uber/lyft, or stay onsite.

Thanks for all the advice, yes I am aware of the parking fees at the parks, but as strange as this sounds I am NOT planning to drive to the parks (despite the fact I'll have a car). Without writing a long story explaining why and what were doing, I'm just looking for budget hotels that have shuttles to WDW or DS and are pleasant for families (nice pool etc). Thank you PS does comfort suites have a shuttle? I dont see one on their website?

Doubt it - don’t think you’ll find your price AND a shuttle. Pretty sure you can use public transportation buses from there. Look at golynx.com and routes 55/56.

The Townesuites and Springhill suites at Flamingo crossings can be had for similar to those prices if you shop around. They do have a shuttle, but it is a paid service and has to be pre-booked.

As Hopper has stated, finding something that hits all of your wish list will be difficult within the price range you have, not impossible mind! But will just require a little compromise, it's up to you where that compromise impinges though ;o)

Good luck!

The Townesuites and Springhill suites at Flamingo crossings can be had for similar to those prices if you shop around. They do have a shuttle, but it is a paid service and has to be pre-booked.

As Hopper has stated, finding something that hits all of your wish list will be difficult within the price range you have, not impossible mind! But will just require a little compromise, it's up to you where that compromise impinges though ;o)

Good luck!

Got nieces booked there for about $80 but also seen same room for $160, all about dates and deals.

Houses are generally cheaper than hotels in Orlando. I wouldn't rely on a shuttle at an off-site hotel.

$70-$80/night seems like a really low price point to hit. Either you
-pay more to get a place with a shuttle
-pay even more to stay onsite
-stay at a cheap place on a Lynx bus route to DS
or
-stay at a cheap place, drive to DS (which has free parking)

You also have the 3 adults, 2 kids situation which means a cheap place with two double beds and no room for a rollaway isn't going to be any good for you either.

Houses are generally cheaper than hotels in Orlando. I wouldn't rely on a shuttle at an off-site hotel.

THIS^

And you can also get some condo/townhome rentals in your range depending on your dates and number of nights you want (some make you commit to a week).

The short answer yes, you are dreaming. Your budget is too small. Instead of focusing on the budget for just the hotel, focus on the budget for your overall visit.

You also need to decide what is the most important when it comes to driving. You can stay a hotel with no parking fees and no shuttle or you can stay at a Disney Springs hotel with great shuttles and a likely parking fee.

In the end, you really need to increase your budget.

Realistically speaking your budget is too low, as previously stated you will have to budge on something. Have you considered one of the Disney value resorts?

I've seen rates at on-site value resorts for as low as $99 which is not far from your $80 price cap, unfortunately there is a parking fee of $13 per night but IMHO it is worth it for the Disney resort experience and the perks of staying on-site such as access to free reliable transportation to the parks and DS via official WDW transportation, EMH, MB, etc..

Ok, this may be a bit out in left field, but have you thought of a tent campsite at Fort Wilderness? You can get that for $50-$70 a night with ALL the perks of staying on site. The campsites also have free parking. A cheap but usable 10 person family cabin tent will run you about $110 (always purchase a tent 2x larger than the "people" number on the label). The sites have electricity, so you can bring cooking appliances (electric griddle, hot plate, coffee pot, toaster, etc.) and cook some simple meals. With electricity you can also bring fans or a space heater for comfort. Inflatable air beds are also relatively cheap and provide a comfortable night's sleep.

Again, it's an odd idea, especially if you've never camped before, but it could be a budget way to get everything you want.

Ok, this may be a bit out in left field, but have you thought of a tent campsite at Fort Wilderness? You can get that for $50-$70 a night with ALL the perks of staying on site. The campsites also have free parking. A cheap but usable 10 person family cabin tent will run you about $110 (always purchase a tent 2x larger than the "people" number on the label). The sites have electricity, so you can bring cooking appliances (electric griddle, hot plate, coffee pot, toaster, etc.) and cook some simple meals. With electricity you can also bring fans or a space heater for comfort. Inflatable air beds are also relatively cheap and provide a comfortable night's sleep.

Again, it's an odd idea, especially if you've never camped before, but it could be a budget way to get everything you want.
I think this could be a very good option for the right type of people. Like if you already own a tent, air mattresses, and have camped and enjoyed it in the past. Maybe it does fit with the OP's style. I would love the price but camping would be my worst nightmare lol

Short answer is no; you're looking for a unicorn.

1) The biggest reason is there are very few hotels that offer reasonable shuttles to the parks. If you stay onsite or at one of the DS hotels, you'll get generally reliable shuttles. If you stay farther afield, the hotels that offer "free park shuttles" actually mean they'll have one or two a day, not necessarily at convenient times, and will often only go to one park. So the shuttle drops you at the Epcot parking lot, and you're expected to transfer to Disney transportation to get to the park you want to visit. While a few places do offer better shuttle service (like the Hilton Bonnet Creek), they are above your stated budget.

2) Party size might be an issue. We are also a family of 5, and have found that many hotels expect more than 4 people to get two rooms or a suite. There are some exceptions that allow for 5, but you'll have to look around for them.

3) There are lots of inexpensive hotels in the Disney area. Many of the cheaper ones have very mixed reviews. Your later post indicates you'd like a nice pool, and for it to be a generally nice resort, not just a crash pad in close proximity to WDW. Cheap hotels really close to Disney are likely to be sketchy. If you go far enough away from the parks so that you get a nice hotel for a reasonable price, the hotel probably won't have a shuttle.

That said, it might be possible to find a deal that checks your boxes, but it will probably be more luck than anything. Hotels change prices all the time, so you might find a deal, depending on your dates and if you hit it just right. If you look on the thread for Priceline bids and results, you'll see people do find some amazing deals, but they tend to be one-offs rather than a particular hotel you can just call up and get everything on your list.

My two cents: Either raise your price cap a bit to get a nice Disney Springs hotel that offers good shuttle service, or book a nice hotel a bit further afield, and factor in an extra $22/day for parking at the parks. With the high price of Disney park tickets, I can't imagine wasting literally hours of my park day in unnecessary transit, which is what you'll do if you try to make a cheap hotel's shuttle work for you. For $22 you could park at any of the Theme Parks, and be there in minutes. Go to a site like Priceline, and do a search for your dates. If you find something with decent reviews for $50/night and free parking, then that's only $72/night with Disney Parking.

I love that you're thinking out of the box, but these can be surprisingly hard to book. The seem to get snapped up quickly, partially because they are so useful for budget-minded guests, and partially because the low price makes them appealing to people who want to use them as "throwaway" reservation to get those on-site perks like 60-day FP, free theme-park parking, magic bands, etc.

Also, for many times of the year, the price of the campsite alone (without the investment of a tent, air mattresses, etc) is higher than OP's stated budget. According to Mousesavers's chart of prices and dates for 2018, the cheapest possibility is a Sun-Thurs campsite in late Aug-Sep for $60. Most of the year, there's nothing under $75, and some time periods are $90 and up.

Seriously, you can find a house for around $50 per night. Even if you add in parking fees at the parks, that puts you under budget. It just seems like a no-brainer to me

I totally get where you're coming from OP, and couldn't agree more. I would highly recommend you stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in the Marriott Village in Lake Buena Vista. It's 10 minutes from Disney Springs and very close proximity to several restaurants in the Lake Buena Vista area, we've stayed there 3 times now, it has a decent hot/cold breakfast, very comfortable beds and we've been consistently paying in the $70-80 range, they do charge $10 for parking but it's worth it because it is a gated village with the three major Marriott chain hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter