Are there really ants in the parking lot?

tealady

Earning My Ears
Someone posted a few months ago, that they left food in the car at port while on the cruise. Upon their return, the car was full of ants. Have other people experienced this? I would like to leave some unopened packages of nonperishable food in the car while we're on the cruise, but am concerned about what I might find when I return.

What are your thoughts!

Tealady

Tealady...we cruised on the 7 day Magic in October and had no problems with ants. I did however put some ant traps in our van. We did leave some un-opened non-perishables in the van with no problem. It may depend on what time of year you are cruising.

Have a great trip! :D

Our car was ant free as well after returning from our 10/12 cruise...Just in case, I wouldn't leave any half empty coke cans in your car

There is a warning sign as you enter the parking lot about not leaving any food in your car or you could come back to a car full of ants....I am someone who did NOT want to test if it would happen or not...driving back to NY with ants in my car is NOT something I wanted to try LOL...

Florida is full of all kinds of bugs, why take the chance of a car full of some?? If you leave food in the car seal it up in a garbage bag or ziploc bag then you don't have to worry about it.

I have read posts from those who DID return after the cruise to find bunches of ants in their car!

I don't think I'd take a chance leaving any open food in the car, although technically unopened food is supposed to be fine.

We just returned from 2 weeks on the Magic. We parked at the port.

We had food in the car that was either unopened or closed very well. We had no problems upon return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter