Are Wait Times For Rides Really That Bad?

Mobile site is much more effective than the app most times, especially when modifying

I agree, I have the website saved to my home screen and it works much better than the app.

I haven't read through all the pages, but my tips are to get there early, have your fastpasses ready, I typically use 10:00, 11:00, 12:00. See what has short lines at opening - examples are Jungle Cruise and Pirates, then do your fastpasses. When you "tap" the third, start looking for the next one while you are in line. Jump between the times at the top of the screen, which refreshes it, and sometimes a "hard to get" will popup.

Frozen is almost always longer than posted for some reason
I felt of all the "recent" rides, this queue seemed very inefficient and very cluttered. Someone somewhere must be boarding a boat, right? So why am I literally still standing in one place for 5 minutes?

When we got into the main building and were seeing the shops and streets, the queue was like a giant accordion that sometimes seemed to squish small and you'd considerably move, but then suddenly you'd feel the need to take a step back so you weren't on top on the people in front of you. It would jam for minutes at a time with no apparent movement.

There were no CMs that I saw directing traffic, so everyone just kind of made their own rules for 1.5 hours. Some families would be spread out so thin, a family of 5 or 6 might actually take up 8 feet of queue space.

It wasn't very Dis-ney-fficient to say the least.

As has been proven they'll keep the hours low to save money. They'll get the extra crowds no matter what. So why should they add the hours as a perk like they used to?

And the nighttime parties seem to be a success with people willing to spend $145 for 3 hours. To me it seems outrageous. All that money to run from ride to ride. For me it doesn't seem to be much fun. Three hours in a theme park seems to me no time at all. So you get to kick out the day guests and get people to spend all that money to stay to midnight. From a business point it is a better strategy. Years ago it would have been unthinkable as it would have blatantly shown Disney thinks about nothing but fleecing customers. But we are not living years ago.

I'm going on a 4 day trip and 3 of those nights are Halloween parties. MK at night is our favorite so I'm dissapointed.

I agree, I have the website saved to my home screen and it works much better than the app.

I haven't read through all the pages, but my tips are to get there early, have your fastpasses ready, I typically use 10:00, 11:00, 12:00. See what has short lines at opening - examples are Jungle Cruise and Pirates, then do your fastpasses. When you "tap" the third, start looking for the next one while you are in line. Jump between the times at the top of the screen, which refreshes it, and sometimes a "hard to get" will popup.

This. I swear by getting there at rope drop and starting in Adventureland. You can knock out Pirates and Jungle Cruise immediately with no wait. You can probably get Haunted Mansion or Thunder Mtn in quickly (though Thunder had a 55m wait within 30m of rope drop which was unusual.) Start FPs about 90m after rope drop and do them as consecutively as possible. I try to have them all done by 12p-1p so I can start adding more.

I was there on a REALLY busy Monday in Feb (Monday after Superbowl) and got everything aside from 7 Dwarves, Speedway, and Ariel done (could have done Ariel - decided to get a snack and camp out for HEA and didn't care about the Speedway - I know how to drive ;) You will never get all 20 FPs together (maybe for the first 3, but after that..no way) So figure out your strategy beforehand so you aren't frustrated.

Yes, it is a zoo. Manage expectations. Agree to divide and conquer. Enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!