Are we less likely to get a room request if arriving around 8pm?

We've arrived very late (after midnight) several times and have always gotten our requests. This isn't to say that it does/will happen every time for everybody, but has been the case in our experience.
What day of the week do you usually arrive? We will be arriving on a Wednesday. I wonder if that will make even harder since people usually check out on the weekends.

As someone who used to be a rooms controller for the ASR's, I can say at least during my time working there, it was definitely harder to meet someone's requested room types as the day went on. Not saying it's not impossible, but the available rooms become limited as more and more people check in.

Think of it as a game of Tetris, you have x number of reservations checking in every day for different lengths of stay, and you have to try to find the room the guest wants that fits their requests. It can be tough, and sometimes the front desk would offer to do room changes if we couldn't meet their requests they wanted and were okay with moving the following day.
Are the rooms assigned before 3:00? Have you ever had to move some people out of a room that has already been assigned to meet someone else’s request?

Are the rooms assigned before 3:00? Have you ever had to move some people out of a room that has already been assigned to meet someone else’s request?

Yes, we started assigning rooms at the start of each shift, based on what recommendations were previously made and if there were any room move requests. As guests came to arrive to check-in (again back when I worked), the front desk agent would call Ops Support to ask for an available room. Sometimes the agent stated specific requests, like third floor facing courtyard in a certain building - those were a bit harder to find, but we did our best to accommodate. Again, it's only a request not a guarantee! Yes, we would move other people's reservations around, unless there was a specific note to not move them.

we were there early and didn't receive any of our room requests. we called and asked if we could be moved and they moved us the following day. doesn't hurt to ask.

All due respect, people should be pleased when the requests are met, and understanding when they're not. Requests are never, ever, ever guaranteed or promised.
True! Last year when we arrived we had not gotten our request. I asked at the desk if there were any rooms available in the building we hoped to get in. We ended up getting what we wanted with an awesome view. They do try hard to grant requests.

What day of the week do you usually arrive? We will be arriving on a Wednesday. I wonder if that will make even harder since people usually check out on the weekends.

We often arrive on Thursday night so while it's possible that there may be more people leaving on Friday, it doesn't necessarily seem to impact the ability to meet our requests. We also sometimes leave on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday if we are doing a shorter trip.

I have had the distinction of being the last guest to check in at the Beach Club Villas. We asked for highest floor but we got second floor, construction right outside the bedroom window, and VERY loud people next door. You could hear a man talking loudly in his cell phone and the kids screaming and yelling all the way through our unit and into the bedroom. It was an anniversary trip (which Disney knew.) We received our room number late after several texts of "Your room isn't ready yet." When I called (from the room) they told me that we were the last to check in and there were no other rooms. When I brought up that it was our anniversary and would consider changing resorts they agreed to call me back in few minutes. They moved us to a first floor room that was near the pool but quiet with no construction. It did have a small minor issue in that it always took a couple times to recognize our magic bands but I can live with that. My belief is that the first room had been rejected by others and that was why we got the very late text. I don't know for sure but that is my suspicion.

I also think it depends on the time of year and how busy/booked the resorts are at that time. I have made written request but added my priority is XXX but if available additionally I would prefer XYZ. Most of the time, I have been really very close to my request being met---happy camper.

I have had the distinction of being the last guest to check in at the Beach Club Villas. We asked for highest floor but we got second floor, construction right outside the bedroom window, and VERY loud people next door. You could hear a man talking loudly in his cell phone and the kids screaming and yelling all the way through our unit and into the bedroom. It was an anniversary trip (which Disney knew.) We received our room number late after several texts of "Your room isn't ready yet." When I called (from the room) they told me that we were the last to check in and there were no other rooms. When I brought up that it was our anniversary and would consider changing resorts they agreed to call me back in few minutes. They moved us to a first floor room that was near the pool but quiet with no construction. It did have a small minor issue in that it always took a couple times to recognize our magic bands but I can live with that. My belief is that the first room had been rejected by others and that was why we got the very late text. I don't know for sure but that is my suspicion.
I would of been upset too if it were my anniversary. Glad they changed your room. What time did you get checked in if you were the last to check in?

I also think it depends on the time of year and how busy/booked the resorts are at that time. I have made written request but added my priority is XXX but if available additionally I would prefer XYZ. Most of the time, I have been really very close to my request being met---happy camper.
Yeah we are going the first part of August so I’m guessing it will be busy.

My belief is that the first room had been rejected by others and that was why
I think it's more likely that room was taken out of service because of the MB-reading problem, but since that would be so much less disruptive than what you were experiencing, they moved tou to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter