Arrival day question - RP stay

Befferk

Love your life and count your blessings!
We're going the week after Christmas (split between WDW and Universal). The best deal for us since we plan on our park days at Universal being 12/31 & 1/1 was to have a one-night stay at Royal Pacific for 12/31. I understand that we get the unlimited EP for both days. On check-in day, what time should we arrive at RP to check in, get our passes, and still get over to the park for EE (assuming it's still IOA)? We've never stayed there before, but assuming the best strategy would be to leave our car parked there and walk over? Any other helpful tips to maximize our strategy since I'm sure it's going to be busy?

You can check in early morning and get your room keys
Rooms are open by 4:00 at the latest.

Most likely room will be available much earlier.
You should get a text when it’s available.

Check your luggage with valet.

It’s a short walk to the parks from RP
Or take the water taxi to city walk to get to the parks.

Did you book a package?
If so your passes will be issued to you at check in

If you did not, most likely the attraction desk will have them (lobby)

You can check in early morning and get your room keys
Rooms are open by 4:00 at the latest.

Most likely room will be available much earlier.
You should get a text when it’s available.

Check your luggage with valet.

It’s a short walk to the parks from RP
Or take the water taxi to city walk to get to the parks.

Did you book a package?
If so your passes will be issued to you at check in

If you did not, most likely the attraction desk will have them (lobby)

We booked through an agent, and they got the tickets with the room, so I would assume it's all together.

Does everyone have to go in with me to get the tickets and EPs? Or can I just grab everyone's?

You can pick them up for all in your reservation

You receive the hotel room key card at check in.
All registered guests in your party need the room key and you can get them

You can pick them up for all in your reservation

You receive the hotel room key card at check in.
All registered guests in your party need the room key and you can get them

Thank you! Am I understanding correctly that the room keys double as the Express Passes?

If you are staying at one of the 3 premier hotels, yes

The hotel room card for those hotels allows free unlimited usage of the express lines for rides and shows

If you are staying at one of the 3 premier hotels, yes

The hotel room card for those hotels allows free unlimited usage of the express lines for rides and shows

Yes, Royal Pacific. Thanks!

You will be glad to have the free ep as December 31 usually has crowds.

Before covid 19, your dates for the parks would be packed.

I would need a crystal ball to predict how crowds will be this year for NYE in the parks.

I hope you get loads of mummy dust and have fun at the park !

You will be glad to have the free ep as December 31 usually has crowds.

Before covid 19, your dates for the parks would be packed.

I would need a crystal ball to predict how crowds will be this year for NYE in the parks.

I hope you get loads of mummy dust and have fun at the park !

Thanks! If it was a "normal" year we would have never considered going at Christmas/New Year's. So I'm hoping it's a bit less nuts than it normally is. I'm excited and still nervous about crowd levels.

Question from newbie, so we need to have our room keys on us, the express pass is not linked to a bracelet, something similar to the magic band Disney has? TIA!!!!

Question from newbie, so we need to have our room keys on us, the express pass is not linked to a bracelet, something similar to the magic band Disney has? TIA!!!!

Correct. I'm still a newcomer to going to Universal - we saw lots of folks with lanyards that held their passes & room keys. So we got one each, I don't much care for wearing it, but it is what it is.

We went to Universal for the first time this past week. We are Dis vets and are use to way WDW works. Universal was different for sure.
No taking bags or purses on many of the rides, instead you will need to stuff your belongings into a locker. My wife and I both took waist belts and those worked on every ride other than the Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket. It's lanyard and fanny pack city at Universal. Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter