Arrival Day Restaurant

After we became DVC members, we booked our first stay at AKV and we made a lunch ressie on arrival day at Sanaa. I'm sure there were many reasons it was extra magical, but there was just something so special, sitting at lunch, on arrival day and getting to watch the animals from our table. The food was wonderful and then you have the resort to explore which I think would make it a win win for arrival day.

Depending on ages and mood:

Chef Mickeys, Ohana, Hoop de Doo Review, or Boma.

Disney Springs has some great restaurants too! It just still doesn't really feel like Disney to me the way the resort restaurants do.

For lunch, at our resort or close to it If we are at the Poly or Contempory, then Grand Floridian Cafe (that way we get to ride the monorail too!) YC, we did Beaches and Cream. Other resorts, we ate at the resort. Nice way to unpack, get settled, enjoy some pool time and get rested for a very unrelaxing vacation ahead!!!

Dinner is usually Spirit of Aloha dinner show (or the BBQ in earlier years :( )

We always save Disney Springs for our departure day. We take a later flight in the day and it gives us time for an early lunch at the Boathouse and a little shopping. We take our luggage to the Hilton and they are nice enough to check them for us as we do our thang at Disney Springs, we have also checked them at Saratoga Springs. Just tip well and ask nicely and they will accommodate. Afterwards we just catch a cab at the hotel and head on to the airport. We find Disney Springs a great transition back to the real world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter