Arriving a Discovery Cove

PigSoldier

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand wav
Hi!!

I'm going to DC in a few weeks, and I'm wondering what time I should arrive. I've been told to arrive at 9, but I'm wondering if I should arrive early to beat the crowds (assuming there are crowds at Discovery Cove :confused: ).

Thankyou,
Suzi

:D

We got there about 840... and it wasn't too bad of a wait. maybe about 5-10 minutes, there were a few families in front of us.

It was good to get there early, that way you have a better pick of times for dolphin swims...

Enjoy your day!

Yes, arrive early, at 08:30am.

Even though there is a limit of 1000 people, they all show up at the same time, around 09:00am. It's like checking into a hotel. You wanna be there first so you can get your badge, then move to the building where you get your snorkle/mask without waiting in line. That way, you can get a beach chair, put the sun tan lotion on, adjust the equipment, and get going.
An early dolphin swim is not manditory, you will enjoy your encounter no matter when you go. But most people like to go early.
For lunch, go at 11am, or 2pm to avoid the crowd.

I agree with getting there around 8:40, this is what I did and there were only a few groups in front of us. By 9 it got very crowded, get there early!

I think it's a good idea to schedule your dolphin swim in the morning, because of the possibility of rain in the afternoon.

When we went last year we were staying in New Symrna Beach we left about 7am. Of course we got lost. We actually arrived about 9:30(i think). We encountered no wait. Our dolphin time was around 10:45 which turned out to be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter