Artist Point

Would you mind if I borrow that prase sometimes?

:D You may use it whenever and whereever you deem appropriate, with my compliments.

Jeff

PS - LandBaron, I'm already starting to wonder again if we're wasting our time, here. The Disney that created the quality we hope to see in current productions died many years ago, and there are too many people leeching too much money off of its corpse to care what we have to say.

I can't even explain the importance of customer service to repeat business (much less the importance of repeat business to a healthy company) to people without them racing to defend the company with the inarguable point that Disney did nothing that was technically illegal.

The concept that something may be legal and still be an idiotic business move seems to have eluded them, thus far. Sigh.

It'll really be interesting to see how much I enjoy my trip next month.

Jeff, I wonder how you would feel if it was going away July 1st instead of june 1st. I agree though it would have been nice for them to give 60 day advance notice, but who knows, maybe they needed the cast members elsewhere on June 1.

JeffJewel:

You say that we're wasting our time. I couldn't agree more. BUT!! For me it is very cathartic. It helps shape my thoughts and it hones those little feelings that I talk about sometimes. And to tell you the truth, as long as the opposition is not dismissive (that really bugs me) they actually help to firm up my beliefs. I shake my head as I read their response and whisper that, "they just don't get it." And I go at it from a different angle. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm doing any good convincing YoHo, Captain or DisDuck that we're right (I don't even think I've made much headway in this regard), but I it helps me solidify my position on the issues. Now, most of those vague feelings are cogent, logical arguments or at least reasons why at some future date I will sell off the DVC and retire my LandBaron status. I am also hoping that Ei$ner will go someday and the Board of Directors may wake up and appoint someone who does 'get it'. Wouldn't it be nice to stop all the complaining and just read trip reports every once in while?

I have also stated before just how naïve I can be sometimes. But I hold on to the hope that somewhere, someone of some importance (within Disney or a future key player in Disney) may just happen by here and catch the idea that the real fans are disappointed with the state of affairs lately. That they have got to start thinking about "What Would Walt Do?" I don't know. AV mentioned that Disney is holding (to some degree) internet discussions responsible for the failure of DCA. If it was at all possible that I contributed to this in even a small way, it has all been worth it.

Next. I really have to say that I respect everyone with whom I have my many dialogues. I think they know that and to start naming names would only leave out several who I'd happen to forget at the moment. But there are two posters, who happen to sit on my side of the aisle, that simply BLOW ME AWAY!! Another Voice is one. And you, my dear JeffJewel, is the other. AV has what seems like the inside track. And you have a way to cut through the minutia (that I spend pages getting sidetracked, trying to defend) and strike at the heart of the matter. Since I'm reluctant to give up my cathartic release, I would ask you to stay and post every so often, just to keep me on the straight and narrow. (Even a two word post would help. You know: "LandBaron - focus!!") And I would miss your insight very much if you did decide to leave. If nothing else I ask that you post your own "State of the Parks Address" when you get back from your honeymoon.

One other idea. Is this the only site you visit? If it is you may want to spread out a bit. E-mail me for some other beauties. Some of the people on these other sites (while die hard Disney fans) make us seem like Ei$ner loving moderates!!!! If nothing else it might give you a little perspective.

Have a nice ceremony and GREAT honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jeff, I wonder how you would feel if it was going away July 1st instead of june 1st. I agree though it would have been nice for them to give 60 day advance notice, but who knows, maybe they needed the cast members elsewhere on June 1.

Actually, and admittedly, for selfish reasons, I wouldn't have been bothered nearly so much by the change (Honestly, I'm not against change per se. I'm even in favor of change, if the change is for something of better quality).

The selfish part is that my existing PS would be honored: we'd be able to have our breakfast as planned.

The disappointing fact that the breakfast was "going away" would merely ensure that I take several extra photos, shoot several more minutes of video. Suzy may have teared up, but it would have been the good kind, instead of what happened when she heard our PS was simply cancelled.

I was one of those who made sure to get down there in March in time for the MSEP farewell; videotaped it again, from a different angle this time. Got my litho, signed the card. Cool experience.

I'm not saying I wanted an AP holder event to monument the demise of breakfast, but, even as you say, at least being open for the 60 day PS window would have been... much less odious, and not forced the cancellation of anyone's plans. A little WDW resort, buck-or-two-a-plate off ad campaign could certainly put some tails in seats for sixty crummy days.

You know? Why do things so cheaply that it can only upset people?

I still feel that only a bad businessman would run his business this way.

Jeff

PS - LandBaron, I do intend to write something along the lines of your address, after our June trip. But then again, I really intended to write a trip report of our March trip and never got around to doing that, so don't believe me until you see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter