AS Sports or pay more for Pop next August?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We booked bounceback free dining for 2019 and would have returned to AS Mu, but standard rooms were sold out so we took Sports. We're not Sports fans and not thrilled that its the oldest of the AS, so considering Pop for $238 more. Never stayed at Pop but wondering how likely we are to get a room request granted for a certain section? Also, does food court vary from the AS, and are busses as crowed as AS Mu? We're also thinking the addition of the Skyliners might add value as well..but not sure when they will be running.

I loved Pop when we stayed there two years ago but do not get a room near the pool if you go to bed before 11. There were people at the pool screaming until 11 PM in late August. We had driven in that day from VA and I was exhausted and not amused.

Can you add the $238. and use it for a preferred room at ASMU? DD and I stayed preferred at ASSP and she loved it. We stayed in Surf's Up. My DD likes the finer things in life but is was my gift to her all expensive paid vacation so she didn't have a choice when it came to choosing a hotel. LOL
I was very pleasantly surprised at the difference between the preferred location and standard location.

Can you add the $238. and use it for a preferred room at ASMU? DD and I stayed preferred at ASSP and she loved it. We stayed in Surf's Up. My DD likes the finer things in life but is was my gift to her all expensive paid vacation so she didn't have a choice when it came to choosing a hotel. LOL
I was very pleasantly surprised at the difference between the preferred location and standard location.
Definitely pay extra for preferred.

i considered preferred, but it was 375 extra for that...can't justify paying all that just for a closer room.

I think Pop would be worth it. Having 2 food courts to choose from, the gondolas hopefully and the refurbed rooms. When is All Star Sports scheduled for refurb?

I like the Sports better than Pop. And the sports theme is not in your face SPORTS. The main area is more of a surfing theme, with flowers and pretty blues and greens.

If you're planning on using Disney Transport, the buses stopped at Sports first so we were always able to get a free seat and get to bed first, so that was a nice perk. For us the hotel is a bed and a shower, it's not like we're paying for a Deluxe level of theming so we don't really care. I'd personally save the $ and use it on something fun.

We prefer Pop. We find the food court (along with AoA) and pools to be much better. We haven't had a room terribly far from main building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter